Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Motor tax/change of ownership query

Options
  • 17-07-2019 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

A 1979 car was imported from the uk and registered in 2009. It was put in storage never used/taxed so has no registration cert. Is it possible to change ownership of the vehicle using the RF100 ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

How do you mean it has no registration cert? If it was registered, it must have something

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

How do you mean it has no registration cert? If it was registered, it must have something

You have to tax it to receive a log book when you vrt a vehicle

OP have you tried taxing it using motor tax online see if they try charge you back tax for it.
    If not try have someone else register it in their name using the form for "lost" books

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pmg007

Mjolnir wrote: »
    You have to tax it to receive a log book when you vrt a vehicle

OP have you tried taxing it using motor tax online see if they try charge you back tax for it.
    If not try have someone else register it in their name using the form for "lost" books

Not possible to tax on line as arrears (since 09) Tried applying for duplicate book but forms sent back saying no vrc exists for this vehicle as it has never been taxed. A book will issue following 1st taxation. Any more idea's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

I think it would be perfectly possible to change the ownership, removing any tax arrears in the process. I don't know if the RF100 is the right form but I suspect it is. Once the Owner taxes it, the vrc will be issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pmg007

Isambard wrote: »
    I think it would be perfectly possible to change the ownership, removing any tax arrears in the process. I don't know if the RF100 is the right form but I suspect it is. Once the Owner taxes it, the vrc will be issued.

I will chance sending an old type pre 93 change of ownership form with the RF100 as there's no facility on the RF100 form to change the ownership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

At the time (2009) you would have sent away the Importation Form received when VRT was paid along with a note giving the name and address of the new Owner. They would then receive an updated version of the Importation Form which would then generate a VLC on 1st Taxing. You definitely didn't use an RF100.

Not sure if this still applies. I would just ring Shannon and see what they have to say.

Advertisement