Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bareknuckle FC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭megadodge

People seem to have forgotten that Paulie always had hand issues while wearing gloves. Without gloves will be even worse.

Obviously Paulie is by far the better boxer, but if you've an electric shock going up your arms every time you land, it could make things interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

What time is lobov ring walk lads ?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ChuckLarry

Around 4.30am (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

ChuckLarry wrote: »
    Around 4.30am (I think)

I also read it to be around 4am. Setting my alarm for 03:55

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Sticking a tenner on the russian hammer finishing paulie the ratbag in the third. This isn't queensbury rules!

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

I thought the norm was to have two "fair play" men not one? Although at least fair play men tend to actually break it up and make it a bit safer!

I wouldn't consider it boxing. Would I be interested in it as a "sport"? I'd have to say no. Similar to UFC for me. But there is a novelty factor I suppose. I did see a few interviews and your man Lobov comes across as sound enough whereas Mr. magic man comes across as a bit of an arsehole.

I suppose it's like the time the Dublin footballer (was it Johnny Magee?) boxed the Australian snooker player , Quentin something-or-other, in the stadium. Just a novelty.

I read the comments about Lobov having some advantage in terms of no breaks being called and some wrestling allowed. But he'd have to take a fair few punches to close that distance to get in to wrestle. And there doesn't even seem to be a corner in that ring, so nowhere to to be caught or cut off. You have to imagine that Malinaggi would just keep dancing away and catch Lobov with a few each time he comes in. Maybe after a round or two when Lobov is cut up. Malinaggi would plant the feet and do extra damage. If it goes that far.

Personally, I wouldn't allow it if it was up to me. But it's not. Each to their own!

You appear to very little, if anything, about combat sports so best to keep your opinion to yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Sticking a tenner on the russian hammer finishing paulie the ratbag in the third. This isn't queensbury rules!

Good thing you've a tenner to loose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

jim salter wrote: »

lose*

jim salter wrote: »

True enough bud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Hey guys... I paid for this cos I couldn't get eir to work... Does anyone know how to get it to play on full screen?! It's only playing inside the browser!

€35 to watch it on a fraction of the screen

Still Ill wrote: »
    Hey guys... I paid for this cos I couldn't get eir to work... Does anyone know how to get it to play on full screen?! It's only playing inside the browser!

Have you got a list of icons on the bottom of the screen? Might have to hover over it

Have you got a list of icons on the bottom of the screen? Might have to hover over it

The full screen button doesn't really do anything... Annoying! Thanks for the reply!

The full screen button doesn't really do anything... Annoying! Thanks for the reply!

Crappy man. Any helpdesk numbet you can call? Hope you enjoy the action either way

Crappy man. Any helpdesk numbet you can call? Hope you enjoy the action either way

Oh, it actually works on my other computer, just not the one hooked up to the tv.. I'll stick the main event up on that one. Cheers for your help.. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Press F11 and then when the address bar disappears, hold the Ctrl key and toggle the + key to zoom in and the - key to zoom out.

I use that on the Betfair site which doesn't have a full screen option.

I figured it out anyway.. The 'Fite' site allows full screen, but the official site doesn't seem to. Cheers for the help, lads.. Looking forward to the main! Would love the unlikely event of an Artem win

Anthony Rumble Johnson just posted this on instagram.

"Rumour has it that Paulie had something on his hands and got caught.
    Commission and president of Bare Knuckle seen rushing to the back where the locker rooms were once they heard about the incident...
    Came back with a disappointed look on their face!!!"

I don't know if that's just BS considering Rumble works for BKFC and wants to throw some dirt at Paulie but sounds like something Paulie might do.

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Anthony Rumble Johnson just posted this on instagram.

"Rumour has it that Paulie had something on his hands and got caught.
    Commission and president of Bare Knuckle seen rushing to the back where the locker rooms were once they heard about the incident...
    Came back with a disappointed look on their face!!!"

I don't know if that's just BS considering Rumble works for BKFC and wants to throw some dirt at Paulie but sounds like something Paulie might do.

Paulie with scented vaseline...stings the eyes

Mon Artem!

• Advertisement

Paulie with scented vaseline...stings the eyes

Paulie 'The Red Viper' Malignagi was caught applying Manticore venom to the outside of his wraps.

Hopefully Artem 'The Mountain' Lobov gets an unlikely win here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

"Time to knuckle up" My god, this event is tacky! Hoping for a good dustup nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Paulie looking more comfortable in RD.1. Ref allowing nothing in the clinch, advantage Paulie.

Haha... Some wild stuff by Artem

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Artem's t-rex arms doing him no favours

Needs to go for it here... Paulie isn't comfortable at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

lol Artem's corner:
    "Pay him back for everything he's fcuking said!!"
    Final round. Come on Artem!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,332 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Artem gave a very good account of himself there, win or lose.

It was a close fight though, wouldn’t even be surprised if Artem nicked it.

And to think Paulie was almost certainly using this as a way to get a Conor fight. Conor would murder him bareknuckle or regular boxing judging by that performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,332 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

YES! Delighted for Artem! :D

Advertisement