Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ibiza on your own, $hit or great?

• 06-08-2019 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,921 ✭✭✭

big techno fan here, have been trying to get my friends to go to ibiza the last 5 years, i cant this year but will next year bla bla bla, im 99% sure im just gonna book a week there tomorrow. i know it will be better with friends but im pretty outgoing and have done gigs on my own in the past and had a good time.

anyone here done Ibiza solo and what was it like?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

It is definitely doable. Be prepared to have to stick your neck out if you want to meet new people etc. It is really really expensive though. A lot of the best clubs are geared around group pricing. Like they charge 2,000 grand for these tables with drinks deals. Champagne, bottles of vodka etc. They are a massive rip off, but they are geared around a private boothe for say no more than 10 people. It is roughly 200 a head + your entry. It sounds pricey but if you want to hear Carl Cox etc that's what they are charging. People literally are travelling from all over the world now. Be prepared to have to fork out if you want to go to the bigger nights.

You don't need to spend more than 4 nights or 5 days there now either. Believe me you will have had enough after a few nights. There is only so much table dancing you can do at 10 in the morning, it is great for the first couple of nights... try to get out of there for a few days before you head home, it does help.

You don't have to go to Ibiza to have a mad one either. I was on my own in Majorca a few years ago. Nothing like the scene in Ibiza but they have some decent clubs etc. Don't bother with Magaluf, it is a fooooking British Council estate, not worth it, the trouble will find you. If you are going out in Majorca stick to Las Palmas the capital. There is a decent local dance scene there, all nighters etc. Nothing like Ibiza but depending on how you get on you could hook up with a party crowd, but please please please avoid Magaluf. I am not afraid of trouble, but it is full of scumbags, I am talking pissed up British Knackers from Portsmouth or Brentford, gangs of them etc, no fun if you get in their way, at all, especially when it gets bright in the morning etc, it can get nasty. Guys running out of their € 50 bags etc , you get the picture. Be careful for this in Ibiza also, a lot of coke going around and it can get messy after 2 all nighters in a row, especially if you are on your own. No one is going to give a fúck about you etc so you need to watch your own back.

Think outside of the box a little, no pun intended:) I mean there are a lot of really cool dance festivals all over Europe the next month. Richie Hawtin is playing in Budapest on Saturday night at their big dance festival... The point I am making is that there are better options than Ibiza out there, especially at the prices they are charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,921 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I was thinking that 1 week might be a bit much. i have been to magaluf before, there was a fair amount of English riff raff alright but we never really had any trouble. most of the English we met were sound enough. probably had the best craic with other Irish people though.

I am going to look into other similar places, maybe chill for half the holiday then party for the rest. I need a bit of sun and relaxation as well.

In fairness I was probably slightly unfair to the good people of Portsmouth and Brentford. I have met loads of really sound English ravers in my time, they are great craic when they get going and always good fun.

What I was saying about Magaluf is that it is a fúcking kip and it does attract gangs of chunts, especially lager louts who wouldn't think twice about dancing on your head for laugh at 9.30 on a Tuesday morning, just saying, it is the last thing you want when your out of your barney for a few nights.

Ibiza is great fun, but be prepared to spend the money to really enjoy yourself. You can easily drop a couple of grand there for a trip as short as four nights. Whatever you do I hope you have a great laugh and enjoy yourself.

Thanks for the advice IAMAMORON, I will take it all on board. im pretty sure I will do Ibiza now for 4 nights.

there is a dj i like playing in september, should i get tickets asap for that?

Who is the DJ for starters?

• Advertisement

Charlotte de witte

Go for it. She is playing 03 September at Resistance. Same night as Carl Cox, Sasha, John Digweed etc. That sounds like a total banger, only € 60.

https://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/dj/charlotte-de-witte

https://resistanceibiza.com/

http://privilegeibiza.com/en-gb/

It is a Tuesday night so if your doing a four nighter you will get nice rates. I think it is in Privilege nightclub which is bang between San Antonio and Ibiza town, so you basically stay in either.

Should be a blast, enjoy.

i was looking at the 17/09/2019 gig she is playing, closing party.

Carl Cox B2B Adam Beyer
    Carl Cox
    Adam Beyer
    Sasha | John Digweed
    Layo & Bushwacka!
    Terrace (Vista Club)
    Charlotte De Witte
    Dense & Pika
    Hot Since 82
    Deborah De Luca
    Luigi Madonna

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Charlotte de witte

Her sets are savage. As a bonus so is she. To be honest I think I'm in love.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

A dance festival like Dekmantel or Dimensions in Croatia would entice me more. Ibiza is never something I’ve wanted to do it was probably great in the 90s but it’s mad expensive now.

• Advertisement

Jesus I'd nearly go with you just to see Charlotte De Witte!

Was there late May/June bank holiday weekend with a few friends. Met a few solo travelers from all over who were in Madrid for the Champions League Final. They had traveled from Shannon-Ibiza-Madrid and stopped off for a night or 2 on the way home for a bit of clubbing. Bit early in the season I know but they had/were having a blast! Go for it.

This came onto you tube last week. I hope you booked your trip and are looking forward to it. Enjoy.

She is hardcore I reckon.

saw that, its very good as usual, iv seen her a few times here in Ireland before, shes very good live.

im still going over to Ibiza but that gig is sold out which is a pity, im sure i will find other places to go while there,

saw that, its very good as usual, iv seen her a few times here in Ireland before, shes very good live.

im still going over to Ibiza but that gig is sold out which is a pity, im sure i will find other places to go while there,

Check with vendors when you get there. I would say you will pick up a ticket outside, it is late season now. Touts bulk buy them at the start of the season, have a look around online as well, you should get one.

cheers, will do. even if i dont get a ticket, i should be ok for other clubs?

cheers, will do. even if i dont get a ticket, i should be ok for other clubs?

I would say no problem. It is late season all the universities are starting back, it won't be crazy busy. I would make your way up to the club on the night and I would say you will get in. Ask around first, the touts should be looking to sell tickets, careful for fakes, but you should be fine.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I would say no problem. It is late season all the universities are starting back, it won't be crazy busy. I would make your way up to the club on the night and I would say you will get in. Ask around first, the touts should be looking to sell tickets, careful for fakes, but you should be fine.

cheers for the advice IAMMORON appreciated, will let ya know how I get on.

cheers for the advice IAMMORON appreciated, will let ya know how I get on.

If I win the euro millions on Friday I will see you there, if not have a good one.

If I win the euro millions on Friday I will see you there, if not have a good one.

more the merrier, i cant believe how dry my so called friends are for not going, same lads will be assuming ill be on their 1 week stag dos when they get married.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Charlotte de witte

You could of went to Belfast a couple of weeks ago and seen her and Nina Kraviz on the same night for about 30 euro

• Advertisement

keithkk16 wrote: »
    You could of went to Belfast a couple of weeks ago and seen her and Nina Kraviz on the same night for about 30 euro

Where were they playing, was it a good gig?

bit of a difference in Ibiza and Belfast:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭Hoboo

About a grand all in

Hoboo wrote: »
    About a grand all in

iv seen charlotte in Dublin a couple of times, im going to Ibiza for a holiday, dont care what it costs.

You can go swimming in Dundonald in the morning mind you. Don't forget your cap and all.

Where were they playing, was it a good gig?

Custom house square 5000 capacity and it sold out too. Wasn't there myself, but a few friends said it was really good. Bicep & Kink played there as well the same week and Four Tet & Barely Legal the week after. Belfast > Dublin

Custom house square 5000 capacity and it sold out too. Wasn't there myself, but a few friends said it was really good. Bicep & Kink played there as well the same week and Four Tet & Barely Legal the week after. Belfast > Dublin

Are there regular club nights in Belfast and where is a good spot for free staters' to go out if we end up there for a night out?

Are there regular club nights in Belfast and where is a good spot for free staters' to go out if we end up there for a night out?

Belfast club nights are for everyone, no matter what you might hear from some people. It's a very friendly atmosphere and they are all very LGBTQ friendly as well.

A few of the best club nights are Twicth, Breezeblock, Inside Moves and DSNT. They usually all have something on every fortnight or every month. Then you have the big Shine everts every few weeks in the big Telegraph warehouse.

Best thing to do is follow there social pages and see what's coming up. Off the top of my head that I know of playing over the next month is. Hunee, Floorplan, ELLL, Finn, Avalon Emerson, Palm Trax b2b Job Jobse and that's just the stuff I'm going to. There's lots more club nights on the go its just too many to mention. Also Derry is a great spot for electronic music as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

its not sold out mate. Still tickets available.
    https://resistanceibiza.com/tickets/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Was casually browsing and found this thread. those that like Charlotte De Witte she is playing in district 8 in december....

Advertisement