Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio nova

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Homer wrote: »
    T’would appear the coffers are empty and they are sinking deeper and deeper into a black hole with captains K-k-k-k-evin and The dunce Hayes at the helm!

Oh dear oh dear...

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/judge-orders-radio-nova-to-pay-unfair-dismissal-award-to-rock-dj-sinead-ni-mhordha-956293.html

All lies......radio nova is NOT a rock station.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭prunudo

T’would appear the coffers are empty and they are sinking deeper and deeper into a black hole with captains K-k-k-k-evin and The dunce Hayes at the helm!

Oh dear oh dear...

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/judge-orders-radio-nova-to-pay-unfair-dismissal-award-to-rock-dj-sinead-ni-mhordha-956293.html

Is that the same person as before or is it the second female presenter to take an unfair dismissal case against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭its_steve116

prunudo wrote: »
    Is that the same person as before or is it the second female presenter to take an unfair dismissal case against them.

Same person

• Im fecking delighted for them. I have boycotted them since March since they shot themselves in the foot and axed Irelands Biggest Jukebox. They wouldnt know good music if it bit them on the arse, John Clarke was the last best DJ and now the station has gone to ****e, good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Hayes and Kennedy get to go to Japan while the rest of them get to sing Karaoke in a bar in Dublin on Monday night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Homer

Hard to believe that they have the neck to be pi$$ing away money sending those two off to Japan whilst they owe substantial amounts of money to many different parties! Just shows the character of that shyster Branigan I suppose.

Really enjoying Greg's show at nights but I'd love it if he could do a 90s show on Saturday nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AlgerShane

Hard to believe that they have the neck to be pi$$ing away money sending those two off to Japan whilst they owe substantial amounts of money to many different parties! Just shows the character of that shyster Branigan I suppose.

I wouldn't put all the blame on him. The money's just going towards the station being as poppy as it can be. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

AlgerShane wrote: »
    I wouldn't put all the blame on him. The money's just going towards the station being as poppy as it can be. :D
    Nothing to do with Branigan..Haze told him he's going to Japan..end of...look on it as a going away present.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

I can’t believe that they haven’t paid that dj the 30k yet .... it’s been to court twice and nova are still dragging their heels !! Mind boggling.
    How much revenue would nova make on ads per year ... how many staff have they on their books.
    Seems like it’s running at a loss but yet it’s still going. If my corner shop runs at a loss , it shuts down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

hawkelady wrote: »
    I can’t believe that they haven’t paid that dj the 30k yet .... it’s been to court twice and nova are still dragging their heels !! Mind boggling.
    How much revenue would nova make on ads per year ... how many staff have they on their books.
    Seems like it’s running at a loss but yet it’s still going. If my corner shop runs at a loss , it shuts down.

It's interesting how Jack Hyland, former colleague from Phantom of the deejay in question (Sinead Ni Mhordha), is now on weekends on Nova. When he first got involved with Nova, Sinead was there. Sometimes he filled in for her.

It's interesting how Jack Hyland, former colleague from Phantom of the deejay in question (Sinead Ni Mhordha), is now on weekends on Nova. When he first got involved with Nova, Sinead was there. Sometimes he filled in for her.

Fond memories of it Declan, fond memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I heard a bit of Jack over the weekend both on Saturday and Sunday. He can be quite funny at times. It's not the "over and under" type humour (sorry Pat C!), which is no harm!

Was listening back to Clarkie's spoken bits last Sunday morning... biggest highlight was when he was about to play a cover with the old "look what they done to my song" intro ... before then stopping himself and saying "but of course I'll just get a memo on Monday saying 'John, nothing from the jukebox is to be remembered here!" ... beautiful. Even he knows what he's in atm. Lol! Hopefully he can depart before it's too late. He kept referring to "Bob" and constantly bringing up life survey statistics... awful. Only good dialogue was when he recalled interviewing Bruce Springsteen about a decade ago and how nervous Bruce seemed at the time and still does...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Was listening back to Clarkie's spoken bits last Sunday morning... biggest highlight was when he was about to play a cover with the old "look what they done to my song" intro ... before then stopping himself and saying "but of course I'll just get a memo on Monday saying 'John, nothing from the jukebox is to be remembered here!" ... beautiful. Even he knows what he's in atm. Lol! Hopefully he can depart before it's too late. He kept referring to "Bob" and constantly bringing up life survey statistics... awful. Only good dialogue was when he recalled interviewing Bruce Springsteen about a decade ago and how nervous Bruce seemed at the time and still does...

I listened to only one of JCs shows after he got bumped. It was a bloody disgrace. Yet another nail in the Nova coffin. Such a total lack of respect for a decent DJ and a lovely person.

Who is Bob?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Who is Bob?

We’re worried about bob ??

But who is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Homer

But who is he?

No doubt he is one of the dunce Hayes imaginary friends.. it’s typical of the drivel he has come up with since he joined and started dragging Nova into the sh1tter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Only good dialogue was when he recalled interviewing Bruce Springsteen about a decade ago and how nervous Bruce seemed at the time and still does...

That interview was more like 25 years ago when John was producing The Ian Dempsey breakfast show on 2FM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Those ads with that stupid voiceover guy are actually driving me insane. I enjoy the music on Nova (moreso than any other station anyway), but I can feel my stress levels rising every time I hear that irritant come on and spout some inane ****e during an ad break.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Still Ill wrote: »
    Those ads with that stupid voiceover guy are actually driving me insane. I enjoy the music on Nova (moreso than any other station anyway), but I can feel my stress levels rising every time I hear that irritant come on and spout some inane ****e during an ad break.

that voice sounds like keith walsh..is it him??

That interview was more like 25 years ago when John was producing The Ian Dempsey breakfast show on 2FM

Hmmm... according to John it was only in the last decade. Speaking of which, anybody hear all the live waffling from Tokyo??

Hmmm... according to John it was only in the last decade. Speaking of which, anybody hear all the live waffling from Tokyo??

I do believe Brent Pope is involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Liberta Per Gli Ultra

Someday this rock station might play an Iron Maiden song during the afternoon-evening prime time, in between Tom Petty and Bruce Springsteen for the billionth time.

Someday this rock station might play an Iron Maiden song during the afternoon-evening prime time, in between Tom Petty and Bruce Springsteen for the billionth time.

How many times have you heard Iron Maiden on Nova? I'm sure they play them a good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Liberta Per Gli Ultra

I'm sure they play them a good bit.

I'm sure they don't and I might have heard them once during the afternoon-evening (Number of the Beast a few years ago). Tony Ainscough has played them a few times on his Friday night slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I'm sure they don't and I might have heard them once during the afternoon-evening (Number of the Beast a few years ago). Tony Ainscough has played them a few times on his Friday night slot.

Tony plays them a lot. Never heard them played during primetime. Think John Clarke played them more than any of the daytime slots. They are probably scared in case they get letters complaining about the satanic music :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,371 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

(Number of the Beast a few years ago.
    heard that several times. I would not know much of their stuff but am guessing they stick to to the same 2-3 songs.

Springsteen -dancing in the dark, warfarer, glory days
    Petty - learning to fly, running down a dream

found this list
    https://onlineradiobox.com/ie/nova/playlist/

• Advertisement

If they do a 90s show on Saturday nights (my idea), who do you think should present it? I may have asked this before. Should they stick with Greg Gaughran?

Advertisement