Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cornmarket scare me, everytime!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭ Julianna Nervous Strictness

I had several colleagues refused income protection because of having an underactive thyroid gland, and a couple because of PCOS! These are very common illnesses, generally dismissed by doctors as trivial - so if this is the case huge numbers wouldn't be able to get income protection at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I joined it when they had a promo period of “no questions asked if you are under 40”.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭the14thwarrior

I went as far as signing up for it, and i had to fill in a medical form / get my GP.
    they refused me because of low back pain episode some 6 years previous, and i was on anti-smoking drug which threw me into depression and i was on tablets for under a year. All of this was when I lived in a country far away and before i even came home! When I questioned it, they said they were willing to have a pre-exisiting back condition sickness for a number of years before i could claim, but no to the depression, as it was a mental health issue; despite my doctor detailing out why I was on depression tablets.

So i said forget it. Despite having an excellent sick leave record for the previous three years.

After ongoing emails and phone calls for years after, I said it on the phone once to a rep, and he contacted me back within a week and said they were happy to sign me up. I said forget it. Five years has taught me to take my chances.......

So yeah, i was pi** off with them.

Advertisement