Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying Privately

Options
  • 16-02-2020 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I am in the early stages of buying a property from my partner's family. When buying private, does one still go through a solicitor? Or what are the other differences in a private sale.

They are family, and the risk of dodginess is as low as it could be. We will be taking a mortgage as part of the purchase, and are both first time buyers

Any advice would be seriously appreciated :)

D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

Both sides will need their own solicitors.
    The only real difference should be the lack of an estate agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Both sides should have their own independent solicitor I would have thought, certainly I did when doing something similar. There is still conveyance to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Deffo your own solicitor.

Your own engineer if you want and blame the bank "ah yeah it's a formality for drawdown."

Nice position to be in if you know the property

Will the bank want a valuation too?
    I would presume so.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Daveone

Super, thanks everyone!

• Advertisement
Advertisement