Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Links, Skerries

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hammy007

Raoul wrote: »
    http://noonanconstruction.ie/project/the-links-ballygossan-park-skerries/

Anybody live here? Thinking about living here? Or have any opinions about the place or the area?

There is a big thread on Barnageeragh Cove, so I am surprised there is none for this development.

There was a small bit of information in this thread from someone who lives there (Links/Ballygossan):
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057486554&page=2

We drove by a few times and it seems like a good spot. Walking distance to train station, view of the ocean, interesting style of houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭Raoul

Cheers! Would love to have an opinion from someone currently living in the houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Very discreet bunch it seems. The developer is very low key too.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭private

New phase launching this week.

private wrote: »

Thank you, do you know the prices?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭private

hammy007 wrote: »
    Thank you, do you know the prices?

Sorry no idea. Rea Cumisky agent should know.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Paddytheman

Just 3 beds launching this week, Type L on the plans. Probably €300,000 - €315,000 for end of terrace. Prices still not confirmed and no showhouse. Will be sold from plans with a virtual tour available.

Spoke with them last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Hamilton Hiller

Just 3 beds launching this week, Type L on the plans. Probably €300,000 - €315,000 for end of terrace. Prices still not confirmed and no showhouse. Will be sold from plans with a virtual tour available.

Spoke with them last week.

Sold out within the hour

We may have booked one :D Does anyone know if there are management fees for the estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Hamilton Hiller

We may have booked one :D Does anyone know if there are management fees for the estate?

There shouldn't be but with Nama and our government nothing should come as a surprise

• Advertisement

Did you pay a booking fee without knowing about management fees? Whats the recourse if there are and you wish to pull out of the sale, do you get your full deposit back?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Did you pay a booking fee without knowing about management fees? Whats the recourse if there are and you wish to pull out of the sale, do you get your full deposit back?

Deposits are almost always refundable in full up to the point contracts are signed.

I'd be more worried that the poster thinks they 'may' have booked one. Surely the big hole in the bank account gives it away one way or the other :D

Graham wrote: »
    Deposits are almost always refundable in full up to the point contracts are signed.

Yup- fully refundable until contracts signed. Not always easy to get in touch with REA so appreciate the answer on here. We have a second viewing of the show house booked and hopefully the builders can answer more of our questions then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fropus

private wrote: »

Hey guys - so we are very interested in this development however as information is quite limited about it on here (whereas Barnageeragh has pages and pages of info) can anyone let us know any pros or cons about if first hand?

Budget wise it will look like it'll be a mid to end terrace so for example how are sound levels etc between houses - I play music so dont want to be upsetting the neighbours! Also are the houses overlooked considerably and how do the gardens etc look? We've been up a few times but understandably cannot get into any of the houses to see this.

Also I believe that the houses come with kitchens etc fitted however do they also come with any appliances - I particularly seem to have heard they come with cooker and hob etc?

All in all any first hand info, at all no matter how big or small, from anyone who has bought or living here at the moment would be fantastic :-)

Yup- fully refundable until contracts signed. Not always easy to get in touch with REA so appreciate the answer on here. We have a second viewing of the show house booked and hopefully the builders can answer more of our questions then.

Sorry Hammy, there was a show house? Spoke with the EA before the launch and they said there was none available, simply buying off plans. They were also meant to get back and confirm dates with me which they never did.

Sorry Hammy, there was a show house? Spoke with the EA before the launch and they said there was none available, simply buying off plans. They were also meant to get back and confirm dates with me which they never did.

These ones are off the plans indeed, but there was a 3 & 4-bed semi show house open earlier in the year, so we arranged a date with the builders and they were able to walk us through the show house again to give us an idea of finishes, etc. Obviously the L types are smaller than the show house, but still nice to look again :) Which dates were you hoping to confirm? The next phase of the L types are supposed to be coming up mid or late August I think, and they are due to be completed in Spring 2018.

Do you have any comments on the show houses that you did see?

How are you going about booking a viewing of the show house? You said you are booking a second viewing.

The L-Type is the 3 bed? Any info on the 4 bed? Even could you have a guess at the price of the 4 bed?

Do you have any comments on the show houses that you did see?

How are you going about booking a viewing of the show house? You said you are booking a second viewing.

The L-Type is the 3 bed? Any info on the 4 bed? Even could you have a guess at the price of the 4 bed?

Show houses were really nice, I loved the kitchen. Biggest downside is there is no storage in the hot press, so the upstairs is a bit lacking in storage. There are a few pics here, but not many: http://www.sherryfitz.ie/residential/for-sale/64322

The L-Type is the 3 bed terraced house. The 3 bed show house is the C type and I think the 4 bed was the D type. I couldn't even guess on the price of the 4 bed, but REA might know.

The first showing was earlier this year and it was open viewing. For this time, we went through REA who got in touch with the builders and they scheduled a time for us to go see it.

Cheers for that!

These ones are off the plans indeed, but there was a 3 & 4-bed semi show house open earlier in the year, so we arranged a date with the builders and they were able to walk us through the show house again to give us an idea of finishes, etc. Obviously the L types are smaller than the show house, but still nice to look again :) Which dates were you hoping to confirm? The next phase of the L types are supposed to be coming up mid or late August I think, and they are due to be completed in Spring 2018.

They were meant to come back to me with dates for the last launch but never did. Hopefully get a look in for the next phase.

• Advertisement

They were meant to come back to me with dates for the last launch but never did. Hopefully get a look in for the next phase.

I would re-register your email on their website, and you should get an email when they launch the next one. I had to re-register to get the notifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 FavreWatch

Hi Folks,

We have bought in Ballygossan and are due to move into the house in November. Il try my best to give a view on any info;

Developers are fantastic to deal with. Easy to contact and work with. Excellent communication

We are moving into a 4 bed end of terrace. We had to pay for kitchen appliances fyi. Ceilings are really high, triple glaze windows. Two parking spots per house as well. Back gardens are a good size with very high walls so excellent for privacy.

Prices vary. A 4 bed you would be looking between 390-440 depending on type. I seen for Phase 3 there are a number of different types.

The houses are in demand so prepare to act quick if you are interested. There are two show houses. A 3 and a 4 bed. Really nice, worth looking at.

Regarding contracts, everything really straightforward. Contracts sent out within two weeks. Developers look to have it all signed within 4-6 weeks.

Hope the info helps.

Thanks very much for that FavreWatch.

How much was the 4bed end of terrace, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks very much for that FavreWatch.

How much was the 4bed end of terrace, if you don't mind me asking?

There was 4 different types of 4 bed end of terrace. Most expensive was 440 from Phase 2a. I seen the cheapest end of terrace 4 bed was 390. Looking at Phase 3 my expectation would be the 400-420 mark for Phase 3.

Where have you seen phase 3? Just from the actual site? I was on the phone to Sherry Fitz and they told me that there will be 3 and 4 bed semi d's at roughly the same price as the last phase but they can't be sure. Any other info you have would be greatly appreciated!

Where have you seen phase 3? Just from the actual site? I was on the phone to Sherry Fitz and they told me that there will be 3 and 4 bed semi d's at roughly the same price as the last phase but they can't be sure. Any other info you have would be greatly appreciated!

Go on to thelinks.ie and you can see the brochures for 2c and 3a and the different styles of houses. No date for phase 3 has been released as far as I am aware or any prices. We found out prices on the day but had been given a rough idea from Sherry previously.

FavreWatch wrote: »
    Go on to thelinks.ie and you can see the brochures for 2c and 3a and the different styles of houses. No date for phase 3 has been released as far as I am aware or any prices. We found out prices on the day but had been given a rough idea from Sherry previously.

I saw the brochure of those houses and the virtual tour. Still doesn't compare to the real feel of being in a house. They told me it would be mid/end autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Anyone know if you can buy off plans for this development?

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can buy off plans for this development?

Already said in the thread that the previous phase were all sold off the plans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Fropus

FavreWatch wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

We have bought in Ballygossan and are due to move into the house in November. Il try my best to give a view on any info;

Developers are fantastic to deal with. Easy to contact and work with. Excellent communication

We are moving into a 4 bed end of terrace. We had to pay for kitchen appliances fyi. Ceilings are really high, triple glaze windows. Two parking spots per house as well. Back gardens are a good size with very high walls so excellent for privacy.

Prices vary. A 4 bed you would be looking between 390-440 depending on type. I seen for Phase 3 there are a number of different types.

The houses are in demand so prepare to act quick if you are interested. There are two show houses. A 3 and a 4 bed. Really nice, worth looking at.

Regarding contracts, everything really straightforward. Contracts sent out within two weeks. Developers look to have it all signed within 4-6 weeks.

Hope the info helps.

Hi FavreWatch - this is all fantastic information and all really positive. I have been having a snoop around the Fingal planning site and it seems it's going to be a big development so I worry it will lose the quaintness it has now - what are your thoughts on this?

Also you mentioned the tall ceilings - I have been trying to find plans that state the exact height so any idea generally what they are at as it's hard to gauge?

Thanks for passing the info on about the appliances etc too which is great and Ive also heard the bathrooms come fully fitted too - is that true?

Also in the plans there is something called "Main Plaza" to the left as you come into the development (where the builders are based now) - any info or idea as to what is due to go here as there is no planning details etc for there at present. I'd hate for them to suddenly pop up 5 storey high apartments with shops etc on the ground floor.

Advertisement