Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any one know of this new tax?

• 25-07-2011 8:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

any one know anything about the new 100 euro tax coming in this week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

as far as i know its not coming in this week its planned for the future but they havent legislated it yet they are still deciding who to exempt

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

This week :confused: No

In the future: possibly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Nothing's coming in before the budget. Or it might. Brian Lenihan did us no favours with his mid-year budget a few years ago, people in this country are not only scared by what's going to happen next, but when.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Wilson Moore

If the flat rate levy does pass in the Cabinet today it will more than likely brought in with the budget at the end of the year, well that is what is being reported today.

The levy is a property and water tax and water charges will have to be paid on top of that!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

It's probably going to be payable from 1st Jan.

You'll be able to get it added to your Tax Free Allowance Cert, I'd imagine (in order to deduct it over 12 months).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Will23

any of ye folks know how the tax will be applied, i.e. is it applied to house owners only or does it apply to the rental maret also, if so how is it collected?

(i know landlords will pass it on but just out of interest?)

thanks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Will23 wrote: »
    any of ye folks know how the tax will be applied, i.e. is it applied to house owners only or does it apply to the rental maret also, if so how is it collected?

Not even the govt know yet, they haven't announced anything side from the likelyhood of this new charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Wilson Moore

Some of the details of the new tax have been announced. You can see them at the following http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0726/breaking19.html

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/govt-to-fine-householders-who-do-not-pay-new-household-charge-514303.html

I live in an estate that is technically unfinished..... roads not completed etc, it is currently with the legal dept of the CoCo.... can this charge then be resisted due to this...... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭mvt

Had to laugh when it was announced that you will be unable to sell your home unless you pay.
    If only! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Just heard this on live95 news: we have to pay the €100 towards fire brigade police parks.

so council tax has arrived then? also

we have the right to stand up and say no?

ya right like hell we do we stood up too man y times my ass is so sore from being pushed back down :rolleyes:

Advertisement