Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RAS housing

• 25-01-2019 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi I'm in my council house 5 years and in them 5 years I've had noting but issuse especially with leaks in bathroom well after the last quick fix job my landlord done the ceiling collapsed on me other day nearly killing me I was very lucky half the ceiling is gone and told I can't shower etc for 5 days until he gets it fixed but I know it will be another quick fix job I've told council but they don't care really once he makes it look presentable to them they will pass it as safe I don't know what to do every month there's a new issue in the house I'm at my wits end I know I'm lucky to have a home but Shirley even council tenants deserve better then this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭simone79

Picture of the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Velka

Hi. I’m with you! I’m looking for the same answer. Was the council person, who carried out inspection, from Housing department or was he/she Housing RTB inspector (different parts of the council)? If he/she was not the RTB, then get the contact and request RTB inspection. They have different goals. RTB inspector wants you to be safe, Housing inspector doesn’t want the hassle to rehouse you and will approve everything. I’m in the situation, where there is already 3 years Prohibition notice on the property, which forbid to let or re-let the property. Housing department ignore the fact and make me stay.

Advertisement