Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Far Cry 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Did all the radio towers last night disappoined didnt get anything nice :(

11 outposts left do them tonight or get distracted.

Anyone found any animals on the 2nd island? seen a goat thats about it so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I like that you can see when you get rewards in your handbook. Makes it easier to decide if it's worth going after the collectibles.

Has anyone unlocked any signature weapons yet? I'm currently running around with the silenced pistol, silenced smg, silenced sniper rifle, and an RPG. Can't be quiet all the time afterall :P

Also, nothing more satisfying then getting a great chain takedown, ending it with a knife throw. Looks brilliant.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is there something up with steam?can't access the map editor or game,I get this error msg "failed to start game,missing exuctable"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

blobby360 wrote: »
    How do you attach C4 ?

I just throw it at the jeep and it doesn't work :(

All I do is equip it, go near the back of the jeep and hold left click. He then plants it on the rear bumper.

* Saw on a loading screen tip that you can set, is it 4 or 5 C4 charges and then remote detonate them in the same order they were planted whenever you like. You could have some serious fun messing with AI using this!

Agricola wrote: »
    All I do is equip it, go near the back of the jeep and hold left click. He then plants it on the rear bumper.

* Saw on a loading screen tip that you can set, is it 4 or 5 C4 charges and then remote detonate them in the same order they were planted whenever you like. You could have some serious fun messing with AI using this!

On the 2nd island an ability to blend in is achieved, fcukin hilarious doing the above once thats unlocked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Did all the radio towers last night disappoined didnt get anything nice :(

11 outposts left do them tonight or get distracted.

Anyone found any animals on the 2nd island? seen a goat thats about it so far.

You get an awesome assault rifle ? :p

Go to the shop and check under signature weapons , it's a seriously good rifle with a few mods

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I have a shotgun, an assault rifle, a pistol and a sniper rifle
    WHY THE **** AM I GETTING INVOLVED IN A KNIFE FIGHT

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

so whats the story with the map creator? is it just a single player thing or can you play mp on created maps?

lol, music
    die antwoord. finger on the pulse there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Hitch11

The game is quality. I haven't enjoyed a game this much in years. IMO this a much better game than Halo 4 (and i love Halo).

Would've been nice if they included a decent co-op mode. Some sort of free roam mode. Imagine you and your mates assaulting the enemy outposts as a team. Maybe too good to be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I love this game, only got it on tuesday and I wouldn't be a 1st person kinda guy but wow it's great. Everything is just enjoyable an example from earlier:

Driving up to the top of a hill at full pelt to get a better look at my surroundings, see a handglider to my left and hammer on the breaks....alas it's too late I go straight over the side of the cliff and right into the middle of the camp I was scouting, didn't die somehow...took out a few pirates and was about to heal myself thinking the coast was clear.....suddenly a dog comes from behind and bam...I'm dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Anyone know if you can access pictures taken on the camera (PS3 version)? I got some cracking ones if allowed. I took out a sniper in his nest and someone copped me - killed four of the pursuing enemies on the stairwell with them all lined up at the end. What a picture that would be!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Is there something up with steam?can't access the map editor or game,I get this error msg "failed to start game,missing exuctable"

Maybe try validating your game files?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

MadYaker wrote: »
    Maybe try validating your game files?

A reinstall sorted it,pain in the ass,better not happen again

I just brought fraps and I'm having a blast with the map editor :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

A reinstall sorted it,pain in the ass,better not happen again

I just brought fraps and I'm having a blast with the map editor :D
    Thought you were saving it till christmas ???

Thought you were saving it till christmas ???

Just playing the map editor doesn't count :-P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 53,833 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

the uplay reward "testing unit" was a big let down

F1ngers wrote: »

there will be some riot if its not :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

there will be some riot if its not :pac:

Maybe by then they will have given the co-op some polish, it's fun , a lot of fun but man is it buggy / glitchy as hell, just seems to be a general lack of finish to the details, stuff like looking at another person blasting away at an enemy with empty hands, the rpg reloading with invisible rockets, then not firing or reloading if you die with it or pick up more ammo, enemies floating towards you or spawning on top of you ...... etc etc. stuff not seen in MP or main game,

• Advertisement

Finished it earlier spoiler regarding the ending >>>

Picked joining the ummm other side, well that wasnt a clever idea. Wanted to kill the whiney americans tho :pac:

excellent game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

dusted off the old gaming PC, installed Far Cry 3 and gave her a whirl, good old PC still runs it on high settings at a crackin frame rate :)

one thing though, been so long since i've played on PC I can't remember if I usually invert the Y-Axis or not.... both feel un-natural somehow. god dammit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Finished it earlier spoiler regarding the ending >>>

Picked joining the ummm other side, well that wasnt a clever idea. Wanted to kill the whiney americans tho :pac:

excellent game :D
    same as!

not what i was expecting! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,643 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

dusted off the old gaming PC, installed Far Cry 3 and gave her a whirl, good old PC still runs it on high settings at a crackin frame rate :)

one thing though, been so long since i've played on PC I can't remember if I usually invert the Y-Axis or not.... both feel un-natural somehow. god dammit.

NO!!! you never invert on PC, seriously never heard of anyone inverting on a mouse, except in maybe flight/space sim

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Hitch11 wrote: »
    The game is quality. I haven't enjoyed a game this much in years. IMO this a much better game than Halo 4 (and i love Halo).

Would've been nice if they included a decent co-op mode. Some sort of free roam mode. Imagine you and your mates assaulting the enemy outposts as a team. Maybe too good to be true.

This x 100.

Said above but it's glitchy as hell in it's current state. Still had a few laughs playing it last night though it must be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Yeah a Coop mode is a no brainer. I would love to attack the campaign with a friend. Even a dedicated set of Coop "capture the base" type missions would be great.............and Coop hunting missions.

anyone else getting a floating molotov cocktail in front of them at all times?

it's pretty funny but breaks the immersion ever so slightly in the serious bits

Main story in COOP would be a rapefest if 2 players coordinated an attack on an outpost.

I did an outpost in under a minute without raising alarms and maybe 7 or 8 guys there.

With 2 it wouldnt be fun slaughtering them. The idea is brilliant but they would need to ramp up the difficulty ie no med packs and maybe a revive system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Only 22.99 on g2play, but the lost expeditions version is 27.99. is the DLC worth €5?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

anyone else getting a floating molotov cocktail in front of them at all times?

it's pretty funny but breaks the immersion ever so slightly in the serious bits

This guy had it about 30 pages back and I think had to restart his game to get rid of it.

Advertisement