Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭MoMo1987

Hi everyone

Has anyone got last minute advice on preparation for the interview, ie. potential questions, situations etc?

I have my interview tomorrow morning and just looking for a few hints to aid my research

Thanks guys

Mo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Hey hope everybody got on good.

When do ye expect to hear back? Anybody got any news yet?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

Are they finished interviewing everyone?

I asked at the end of mine and they said that they would be letting people know in early May so at least we won't be waiting for too long.

Good luck everyone:)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Veledan22 wrote: »
    Are they finished interviewing everyone?

I dont think so. The lady at my interview said that they were interviewing all last week and this week and then a few people next week that they couldnt fit in. So obviously they are interviewing huge numbers of people. Anyone have any idea how many roles are available in each area?

Roll on "early May"!!

CavanGal wrote: »
    I dont think so. The lady at my interview said that they were interviewing all last week and this week and then a few people next week that they couldnt fit in. So obviously they are interviewing huge numbers of people. Anyone have any idea how many roles are available in each area?

Role on "early May"!!

Grand so we should probably begin to hear by the end of next week.

No idea how many jobs are going but remember there are around 8 streams!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 mmbc91

The girl that interviewed me said that it would be 3-4 weeks before they would be getting back to people. That was in the corporate and treasury division. While I was waiting to go in I was talking to another candidate who was going for actuary and she said there was 4-6 places in the actuary division

Has anybody got word yet?

I am wondering how involved with some other interview processes I should get. Although I'd say my chances here are around 10%!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DarraghMcH

Just heard back today about it, and so did a friend of mine straight after me.

DarraghMcH wrote: »
    Just heard back today about it, and so did a friend of mine straight after me.

Could you tell us if it was good news and for which positions if you dont mind.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 july1988

hey! did they contact you by email or phone call? did anyone else hear back yet? thanks!

• Advertisement

yep it was good news. it was for the actuary position, which i know is a little bit separate to the others, so i wouldnt worry if ye havent heard yet!

congrats! :) im itching the ground waiting to hear! hopefully it will also be good news!

july1988 wrote: »
    congrats! :) im itching the ground waiting to hear! hopefully it will also be good news!

yep, hope everyone gets what they want!

did they email or ring you? and sorry about all the questions but do u kno how many jobs there are and how many people were interviewed?...

july1988 wrote: »
    did they email or ring you? and sorry about all the questions but do u kno how many jobs there are and how many people were interviewed?...

they rang me, but beyond that i've no idea how many people were going for it and how many positions were available.

Has anybody got word yet?

I am wondering how involved with some other interview processes I should get. Although I'd say my chances here are around 10%!:D

They just called me earlier today and offered me a place

What position did you go for mmbc91?

What position did you go for mmbc91?

Corporate and treasury.. She wasn't very specific on the phone about whether that was what I got or not.

Thanks mmbc91.

Anyone hear about Business Banking yet? I'm guessing I wont hear today given its 5.45pm.

Thanks mmbc91.

Anyone hear about Business Banking yet? I'm guessing I wont hear today given its 5.45pm.

Not from me anyway.

I sense another rejection on route if the AIB one was anything to go by. Hands on the buzzer tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 dophinsniffer

Not from me anyway.

I sense another rejection on route if the AIB one was anything to go by. Hands on the buzzer tomorrow!

So is it safe to say the business banking applicants have not been contacted yet??

Meteors signal went down in the area i was in today so didn't know whether I was contacted or not. Pissed off with meteor.

So is it safe to say the business banking applicants have not been contacted yet??

Meteors signal went down in the area i was in today so didn't know whether I was contacted or not. Pissed off with meteor.

I hope so! That way we're not guaranteed a rejection just yet. ;)

I'd imagine they would have left you a voicemail if they'd called. These places usually do.

Fingers crossed for us all today!

Hey! Has anyone gotten a call today yet?!

I haven't anyway. Waiting is hard!

I haven't anyway. Waiting is hard!

they're probably debating whether to choose me or you! haha:D

they're probably debating whether to choose me or you! haha:D

Hopefully they will realise we are both wonderful and hire us both with huge starting salaries and weekly bonuses! :D

This waiting is cat! My phone is glued to my hand all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Penny2012

Nybody else applied for the HR role? The interviewer was saying that they took 2 last year so I'd say competition is fierce... I haven't heard anything yet so feeling super nervious now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 eamonpm

I just got the call. Successful. Credit & Market Risk division.

• Advertisement

eamonpm wrote: »
    I just got the call. Successful. Credit & Market Risk division.

Has anyone heard any mention of the salary? And when we will know our definite business units?

Advertisement