Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shooting at Bray Boxing Club, 1 killed, 2 seriously injured...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Terrible shame about the innocent man killed in this fiasco.

What kind of fcking country is this turning in to. The levels of outright degeneracy.

Tiny little rock producing multiple murders per week.

Listen, we're here to talk about cyclists and some fella getting fined for speeding.

Git with the program sucka

Or you could not have overtaken them.

Appropriate username is appropriate

• Registered Users Posts: 28,386 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Terrible shame about the innocent man killed in this fiasco.

What kind of fcking country is this turning in to. The levels of outright degeneracy.

Tiny little rock producing multiple murders per week.

It's not that bad. In 2017 Ireland ranked 64th for murders.

Table showing murders per 100,000 population

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Karen Brown thinks the whole affair is nuts...

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Karen Brown thinks the whole affair is nuts...

Is she Dr. Brown's sister? Him of the overtaking cyclists fame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭2forjoy

The more it sinks in and the less people care. The dead man was innocent. So I care.
    Hopefully Pete will co-operate fully with the Gardai.

Is she Dr. Brown's sister? Him of the overtaking cyclists fame

She's Pete's bit of fluff.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭North inner city hoodlum

Garda boxing club??????
    Any of the University Boxing Clubs???????

The biggest criminals in Ireland are the guards, university boxing clubs I haven't a clue
    I take it that you've never stepped inside a club, bar maybe the odd inner city Dublin one and noticed a few wannabe hard-chaws

I've stepped in more than a few and everyone of them were full of gangsters, I'm not from Dublin either, you yellow fecking American :)

deco nate wrote: »
    He's a "guy" on the know don't ya know.... Knows all, knows **** all. Claims to know all about gangs all over the country.

Amazing Intel, pity he doesn't talk to the cops with his "Intel"

I know feck all about this anyway for your information or any Intel about this so get your facts straight and I also don't claim to know everything Irish crime related but have a keen interest in Irish crime, also I wouldn't help the gardai with directions never mind information :)

Edit
    Maybe he's a , ya know , a journalist .

I've already stated I'm not a journalist !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Dr Brown wrote: »
    I didn't put anyone in danger I actually had to speed up overtake a group of cyclists.

I was doing 67km in a 60km zone.

The Gardas are just revenue collectors.

You were easy prey.

It'd be too much like hard work for them to catch an actual drug dealer, drug user, thief, mugger or any of the other delights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Lads ye do know this thread is about the shooting at the boxing club in Bray yeah ?

Yes... But cyclist are bloody everywhere and must be included in every thread.
    Ok hi :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

By all accounts and reading between the lines it is clear that Taylor has been doing more than just training a few lads to throw a punch. I'd be willing to wager the back offices of the gym is where the real heavy work done. Taylor is lucky to escape with his life. Let's hope he co-operate fully with AGS and that the innocent victim gets his justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Now that abortion is legal society is basically saying thats its OK to go around killing people for whatever reason.

moronic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Now that abortion is legal society is basically saying thats its OK to go around killing people for whatever reason.

I've seen some amount of nonsense posted from your account in the recent past and strangely enough, this post is completely unremarkable in that context.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Par for the course from the Dr.

The Ignore button is calling.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭corner of hells

But , no ..... Ah forget it

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Thesomersarms

Is it any clearer what the motive was for the shooting? Imo it’s very much looking like it was feud related for a couple of reasons, taylor had said previously he was teaching the mtk boxers for free which has to be called into question. The day of the shooting was the first day of the trial for murder of gareth hutch, that murder left extremely bitter feelings on the hutch side. It would in their mind make a big statement to take out a high profile target with ties to kinahan and make it much harder for mtk linked boxers to get coaching in Ireland.

I’ve seen the likes of nicola tallant stating that it wasn’t feud related however Tallant has been off the mark so many times on different cases that I would take that with a pinch of salt, to me she regurgitates stuff she sees on Twitter and then changes as the story changes, I’m amazed she gets airtime on mainstream tv and radio shows.

Finally a particular Twitter account has been consistently posting info about the Kinahans for a a while now and has been curiously close to what is going on, in march that account singled out Taylor and his links to mtk boxers and how that wasn’t going down well with some people and how he should watch his movements. Also the account insinuates that he was in receipt of income from Kinahan gang for the coaching of the MTK boxers, that could be off the mark but the account definitely seems to have some sort of inside track. If it was a Hutch hit I imagine Kinahan retaliation will be swift.

Finally the saddest thing about this shooting is that yet again another completely innocent man has been murdered but the difference this time is that there’s been little to no outcry, this is not a good sign as that could have been you, me or anyone and should not become the norm that if an innocent catches a bullet it’s no big deal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Also the account insinuates that he was in receipt of income from Kinahan gang for the coaching of the MTK boxers, that could be off the mark but the account definitely seems to have some sort of inside track.

Of course he is being paid by MTK, hes been cornerman for a number of their fighters in recent months. Hes not doing that work for free, you dont need to have "inside track" to figure that one out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Are ye gonna link us to this twitter account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Finally the saddest thing about this shooting is that yet again another completely innocent man has been murdered but the difference this time is that there’s been little to no outcry, this is not a good sign as that could have been you, me or anyone and should not become the norm that if an innocent catches a bullet it’s no big deal.

This is actually very true.

He seemed like a really good man. A father and grandfather keeping fit before going to work and now he's dead with no outcry at all. We've become numb to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I couldnt agree more with this. I remember there being public outrage when Baiba Saulte was shot and the same when that innocent apprentice plumber who witnessed a hit was executed because he had witnessed it. In the case of Bobby Messet I havent heard one public figure condemning the gunning down of an innocent bystander. It seems to me to be a lie down with dogs youll get fleas scenario which is completely unfair on him and his family, he was just in a gym training before going to work ffs, it could have been anyone.

• Advertisement

He sounds like a bit of an imbecile (the twitter account holder) to be honest! It is like a cheap parody a/c! The guy probably has a shrine to Nicola Tallant and Paul Williams in his bog! And collects those Sunday world crime booklets that they give away every now and then!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Thesomersarms

He sounds like a bit of an imbecile (the twitter account holder) to be honest! It is like a cheap parody a/c! The guy probably has a shrine to Nicola Tallant and Paul Williams in his bog! And collects those Sunday world crime booklets that they give away every now and then!

His use of the English language could improve no doubt and it can be very hard to make out what he is actually getting at but I’ve followed that account for some time and can say he has been far more on the ball than Tallant and Williams put together. My guess is he is a Hutch or Hutch connected and has a major beef with Cancer Kinahan as he calls him.

His use of the English language could improve no doubt and it can be very hard to make out what he is actually getting at but I’ve followed that account for some time and can say he has been far more on the ball than Tallant and Williams put together. My guess is he is a Hutch or Hutch connected and has a major beef with Cancer Kinahan as he calls him.

As I said, imbecile. I don't find this feud in anyway fascinating tbh, media attention almost glamourises it at times which heightens the tension between them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

I presume the van used was stolen?

Go threw his account, he has/does name names before they're released and is on the button, he would be offered a job as a Dublin crime reporter if there was no legal repercussions to his information. It's a information war, and he has the upper hand.

The spelling is to never be linked to the account even if he throws away that account (I hope not I'd have no info :) )
    Happy4all wrote: »
    I presume the van used was stolen?

Pete's reg off the mustang is visible, but not the caddy yet the guards are looking for information on it, probably cloned plate off a legitimate caddy.

Why is the gym named Taylor Made Boxing Gym (Facebook) but company register is Bray Boxing Club Company Limited By Guarantee, did the council not pump serious wads into the place?

Why is the gym named Taylor Made Boxing Gym (Facebook) but company register is Bray Boxing Club Company Limited By Guarantee, did the council not pump serious wads into the place?

Bray Town Council secured €190,000 in funding from the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport and invested €100,000 from its own resources.

Pete took a lease on it as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,626 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

This whistleblower account, would he/she not be worried that by giving specific information someone could identify who they are. Also that his ip address could be traced? Perhaps he is using a vpn, though. Although, do they guarantee anonymity?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭horseofstone

Hope the two guys shot make a full recovery and deepest sympathies to the victim's family.the gardai will get to the bottom of this,I have no doubt.

This whistleblower account, would he/she not be worried that by giving specific information someone could identify who they are. Also that his ip address could be traced? Perhaps he is using a vpn, though. Although, do they guarantee anonymity?

No, its a burner lyca mobile sim(crop more Mr whistleblower) an IP address can't give you a location and if he's a hutch relative or friend he has feck all to lose.

Interesting article two paragraphs that jumped out to me.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/he-had-bullet-holes-in-his-leg-people-spilled-out-of-boxing-club-after-shooting-847159.html

"The club received State funding totalling €300,000 after that event and a new building was erected.

While owned by Bray District Council, the club is synonymous with Mr Taylor, who set it up in 1995. Olympian Adam Nolan, a local garda in Bray, also trains there."

Are redacted(business name removed) sausage company still sponsoring the club along with sports brands/all over the gym?

Edit
    yes the whistleblower is using a VPN, little lock icon on his screen.

DFZ 9341
    2010 Volkswagen Caddy Maxi C20 LWB TDI 104
    BODY TYPE Panel VAN
    FUEL TYPE Diesel
    COLOUR Silver
    TRANSMISSION Manual

UNTAXED SINCE 31 AUGUST 2017

MOT DUE 4 April 2018

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

murpho999 wrote: »
    It's not that bad. In 2017 Ireland ranked 64th for murders.

Table showing murders per 100,000 population

That's pretty reassuring. Countries like Norway and Sweden which are high on the quality of life index are in and around the same level as us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement