Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Your gardening photos

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Maxton Sparse Cheesecake

Loire wrote: »
    That's lovely. Would you mind telling me the name of the plant in the bottom left corner with the small flowers?
    Thanks,
    Loire.

Stag's Horn or Sumac.

To be honest it can be very invasive and put suckers up throughout a lawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Stag's Horn or Sumac.

To be honest it can be very invasive and put suckers up throughout a lawn.

It's actually the green flower/plant in the bottom right hand corner with the small pink flowers I was asking about. I Googled the Sumac and think that's the tree in the middle?

Thanks,
    Loire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

It's actually the green flower/plant in the bottom right hand corner with the small pink flowers I was asking about. I Googled the Sumac and think that's the tree in the middle?

Thanks,
    Loire

That's Japanese Anemone, Loire. Also invasive as hell by root spread or even by seed. It'll keep you fit, pulling out. I love both it and the Stag's Horn Sumach but boy do they challenge you to keep them in check.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Dubl07 wrote: »
    That's Japanese Anemone, Loire. Also invasive as hell by root spread or even by seed. It'll keep you fit, pulling out. I love both it and the Stag's Horn Sumach but boy do they challenge you to keep them in check.

Thanks! I actually bought some Anemone bulbs in Aldi yesterday too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Thanks! I actually bought some Anemone bulbs in Aldi yesterday too!

Anemone bulbs are not the same as Japanese anemone. "Normal" anemones are not as invasive, tough or thuggish as their Japanese namesakes :) but the Japanese are great if you have a difficult or inaccessible area that wont grow much else. Plant a few and leave them to their devices, but as Dubl07 says if they get loose in a mixed bed etc you'll be pulling them forever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Hotei wrote: »
    I recently installed a small pond (Blagdon Dragonfly 250 lt.) in one corner of my garden. Here's how it turned out:

hi,

does that pond come with a pump and filter? do you have fish in it..if so what type?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,739 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

First post in this thread, looks like the same tree from 2 different seasons.

I assume it's down to shelter being provided to the one of the left?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xl5i3ci24vl3noz/DSC_0028.JPG?dl=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Hotei

fryup wrote: »
    hi,

does that pond come with a pump and filter? do you have fish in it..if so what type?

Apologies for the late reply - I just saw it now!
    No, I just bought the pre-formed pond on its own (I think it cost about E 100). You'll need to purchase a pump separately. I don't have fish in it, just oxygenating plants, marginals and dwarf Water Lilies.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^

does it stink if you don't change the water?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Got myself a nice cabbage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

10y28g7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Before:

33m7xph.jpg

After:

2ltgf21.jpg

All my azaleas, camellias and a beautiful magnolia gone.

2mtr high wall came down like a pack of cards and a 40ft high Ash tree from next door arrived shortly afterwards. Also lost my pergola on the other side of the garden with a jasmine and clematis attached.

30 years growing ruined. Still, nobody was hurt thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dball

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭kindredspirit

Sculpture made out of mild steel, galvanized and stuck on top of lorry wheel. :)

2017-10-24-20-15-53-jpg.95217

Poor, little lost rabbit under a Trachycarpus last Saturday. :)

w-t-feb-4-jpg.98658

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Creating some vertical garden pieces to spice up a brick wall outside our kitchen window

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

mooneyd wrote: »
    Creating some vertical garden pieces to spice up a brick wall outside our kitchen window

Can I ask what you’ve planted there - looks lovely 😀

1966 wrote: »
    Can I ask what you’ve planted there - looks lovely 😀

Hey, just 3 types of regular moss I gathered. Because they don't have roots they don't need soil mounted below. So they survive on a mesh frame nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Hey, just 3 types of regular moss I gathered. Because they don't have roots they don't need soil mounted below. So they survive on a mesh frame nicely.

Very nice. Hey if you need any more moss I've a ton in my garden. No charge :)

Picked up from skip in Co. Clare and repurposed with a Hutchinsia. :)

043-jpg.100665

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 47,920 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you seem to be linking from another forum which does not allow image linking - the photo is not showing for me.
    it's the same with your two posts from a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,999 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Picked up from skip in Co. Clare and repurposed with a Hutchinsia. :)

043.jpg

Fixed image for people who aren't on that forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dball

hUXtv2P4JrRIg_obk5aU9OBQ-bAvog6p4Ol1MKTCLIuk5D4a-qRLoGgCTpsw5IHq6FCkKtAGU3xfJCKBTKoVW-UmBiFEHEYLcgT0cY104XFmskrGLnQy04Yo-E7Yvdiu1oeICTbnyYTH92Oz00APckWbJkqYkYmZKwBJGENrRMaUI-Ch7hopg4uBxWAE8gItobL-vqlpGyqpF1gXOHYQWULGmihvLDn7NhCaVJ_6vctOBITE0dH1ZcHwHn42O0J1auWgU4TYNUud-E2UwF5nCJh8xEw04xxq0cdbClQKN_tsTrJxXI9M9c1OGaKXgPxZ12CO023YOxgpvDmUvJVNQU1IvbANlLZxppUlevTKtJXWsnMas4V8fCwY_3qfHlBnVtZzPF42ComfDKFRRrJh_dEZlhlpZCyLofJWGlbUliXtE9FTXleoApHcEB8tHd0RWf3dPZv3KZKljYvBJKRiGXYwRz_gMrFeNLjD5YSyV_n2zC63KCfcq9ocSQ0MzJzEYQ92jxyXtrMGYfCe1AZ-thE0AkOeU1eSJ2njJ0FX0DOn-F_cs-_CZ2Oe_FDt3xkx9ZLUr4Nc95s49Cb68wZFYymHU80D76Yil0sMZIyJ=w787-h1048-no
    my tulips as of 14.04.2018
    Will i see a flower this year? anyone?

Finished my little wall garden.
    Added a LED strip and solar pannels to run them for something a little nicer to look out our window into other than a bland brick wall

• Registered Users Posts: 8,188 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Finished my little wall garden.
    Added a LED strip and solar pannels to run them for something a little nicer to look out our window into other than a bland brick wall

That's a great idea. I have a back wall that could do with livening up. I would never of thought of something like that!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,020 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Well done, that's very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,613 ✭✭✭TheBody

Onions coming along nicely!

Painted the sleepers last week I think. 2 coats. Did a good bit of weeding last week, bought 6 or so lupin's. Sheds painted, 2 coats. Lawns done. And spread 23 bags of bark that I got in Aldi. There's a little patch bare, but I have to do a job down there on the ivy.

450230.jpg

450231.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭blackbox

Pond

Pond.jpg

Advertisement