Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Gardening Bargain Alerts Mega Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

71 piece Plant/flower tie set for 2 euro in Bargain Base.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

paddy147 wrote: »
    Well there was plenty in Artane Castle,Clarehall,Omni Park and Clearwater the other day.

Asked the manager in Clarehall about Tesco stocking Irish Grown Plants,and he said all Tesco stores were now selling them

I've seen plants in Clearwater alright, got a v.nice Impatiens there. Maynooth only had some small trees though.
    On the plus side, they have the Sutton grow your own pots for 50c, and the windowsill propagator packs with 3 packs of seed for €2.50. Too late to grow most of them, but the propagators are much better quality that the ones I got in Super Valu for €3 on their own.

Tesco are selling 2kg tubs of Westland slow release plant food for 7 euro 49 cents a tub.:)

DSCF9992.jpg
    DSCF9993.jpg
    DSCF9994.jpg

Extending watering wand in Aldi for 8 euro at the moment.

Great for awkward or hard to reach places in the garden,or for hanging baskets.

These are 15-20 euro in garden centres and diy stores.

So 8 euro is a bargain.:)

Tesco are selling various "Irish Grown" flowers and plants for 5 euro each.

Went a bit mad in Tesco tonight.:D

DSCF0071.jpg
    DSCF0073.jpg
    DSCF0072.jpg
    DSCF0076.jpg
    DSCF0077.jpg
    DSCF0078.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Tesco are selling various "Irish Grown" flowers and plants for 5 euro each.

Went a bit mad in Tesco tonight.:D

Paddy, REAL gardeners grow their own :D
    packet of seed is 2 euro

Paddy, REAL gardeners grow their own :D
    packet of seed is 2 euro

Im not even a gardener.:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Im not even a gardener.:p:D

What does the missus think of your random plant shopping spoiling her carefully thought out planting plan?
    Looking at your pics, I cant see where they will go!

What does the missus think of your random plant shopping spoiling her carefully thought out planting plan?
    Looking at your pics, I cant see where they will go!

She likes the fact that I will spend money on plants and bring them home.;)

All planted now anyway.:)

Green,yellow and pink garden kneelers in Tesco Clarehall for 1 euro 49 cents at the moment.

Price says 1 euro 54 cents,but scanned through the till at 1 euro 49 cents.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Northumbria

Aldi in the UK and Ireland are selling lupins and clematis and some other perennials this Thursday and a few other things on thursday.

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_22608.htm

I might get a few Lupins.

Aldi in the UK and Ireland are selling lupins and clematis and some other perennials this Thursday and a few other things on thursday.

I might get a few Lupins.

Note to self..."must resist temptation".:D

Note to self..."must resist temptation".:D

Yes, I can easily get carried away too. ;)

I did resist the other day, I wanted another grape vine and they were selling them. I managed to save some cash this time - for once the plants were actually rather poor - badly grafted and labelled as either black or white grape.
    The plants were small and with such generic labelling I wasn't going to chance it. They could have been anything - some are only good for growing in greenhouses whilst others are quite tough. I decided I'd just stick with the one I've got (Muller-Thurgau), I wanted a Boskoop Glory and a Seyval Blanc if they had any so that I could have a range of different types.

Aldi are usually quite good for plants though, I've never had anything bad from there. I just wish that damn tomato plant I bought from there would ripen already! (I have it indoors, south facing window, warm room).
    Aldi are also infamous around here for letting their plants dry out through lack of water. It's not what you'd expect from a cost-cutting supermarket - water is much cheaper than the money lost on those dead plants.

265 litre outdoor gardening equipement/garden storage box in Lidl this morning for 35 euro.:)

Also some lovely Salvias (2 litre pots) in Aldi this morning for 3 euro 50 cents a pot.

All in great condition and just about to start flowering.

Bought 4,for my father in law to be.:)

Forgot to take a picture of them,doh.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭rebelden

Not like you to forget to take a picture Paddy :D. Is the old camera broke or what?

rebelden wrote: »
    Not like you to forget to take a picture Paddy :D

Old age is kicking in,now that Ive hit the mid 30s.:D

rebelden wrote: »
    Is the old camera broke or what?

No,but I am.:pac::D

Tesco Clarehall and Artane has pots of Salvias for 2 euro today.

The ones we looked at were in good condition too.

Didnt buy any,as we are all planted out...for now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Does anyone know of any good value for a petrol strimmer at the moment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lasvegas100

All Fothergill packet of seeds half price in Homebase many on the shelves are dated 2013 exp date. Good time to stock up for next year!! :)
    It is good price. i am thinking about it and want to buy some for my garden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭moonship

http://stores.ebay.ie/wickermadness

Great and unique flower pots made of wicker, have a look on youtube as well

Green,yellow and pink garden kneelers in Tesco Clarehall for 1 euro 49 cents at the moment.

Price says 1 euro 54 cents,but scanned through the till at 1 euro 49 cents.:)

Tesco Clarehall have now reduced these Kneelers down to a mere 1 euro.:)

Hand trowels and forks for 82 cents each.

They are selling off lots of gardening stuff in the "clearence isle",to make way/space for the kids back to school clothing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭redser7

Nice one. Don't dont how you do it, you're the real man about town. Giz a shout of you hear any late season deals on compost. Good to stock up for next year :)

redser7 wrote: »
    Nice one. Don't dont how you do it, you're the real man about town. Giz a shout of you hear any late season deals on compost. Good to stock up for next year :)

Well,as my missus said to me this afternoon in the gardening centre..."your some man for one man Paddy".:D

Tesco are selling off rubber handled stainless steel hand trowels and forks for 1 euro 50 cents at the moment.

Reduced from 3 euro 50 cents to 1 euro 50 cents.Bought a few of them this evening.:D

B&Q over here in the UK are doing 3 for 2 on a load of plants and selling 3kg bags of daffodil bulbs at £6 or two for £10 (mixed types or the plain yellow ones).
    It might be worth paying them a visit, they'll probably have the same offers on in Ireland.

I got a bag, I was tempted to buy two but I don't need that many bulbs nor want to spend that much money. The one bag was plenty actually, enough for around all the trees and around much of the garden. In spring the garden will be full of them.

Pic of stainless steel hand trowel and fork from Tesco.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭fiacha

I ordered some bags of manure / topsoil (3 for 2 offers) and other bits from Newlands at 9:30 last night, and they were delivered free of change at 11 this morning. Can't ask for better service than that.

Shipping is free for orders over EUR75.

http://www.newlands.ie/store/

No connection to the company, just a very happy customer.

A.

42 litre gardening flexi tubs in Tesco Clarehall for 1 euro 12 cents each.
    Yes,a mere 1 euro and 12 cents.

Bought 2,just for the heck of it.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭redser7

Supervalu Donabate selling 30 litre rigid plastic totes for 2 euros. Great for growing stuff like carrots, strawberries, but anything else of course

Advertisement