Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gemma O'Doherty and her unicorns

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

lufties wrote: »

Just know this, you are not counterculture or edgy. You are a useful idiot of the Irish establishment. No courage, just servitude and brainwashed.

Good luck with that.

This is why Gemtrails and the Gemmaroids don't do debates. Can't articulate. Just turns into the predictable one way squawking of "establishment", "brainwashed", "MSM", "communism", "globalist" etc rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The Nal wrote: »
    This is why Gemtrails and the Gemmaroids don't do debates. Can't articulate. Just turns into the predictable one way squawking of "establishment", "brainwashed", "MSM", "communism", "globalist" etc rubbish.

Its quite tiresome really. anybody who disagrees with her is either a lefty or a communist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Oh Jesus you've gone full crazy. Never go full crazy.

No its not. Its a terrible documentary though. A joke actually. Preaching to thickos.

You haven't answered my question. Explain how free speech has be quashed please. How has Gemmas? She can still use her own personal website and she can stand at the top of Grafton Street spouting nonsense if she wants.

You seem so unhappy, so afraid.

In your opinion, that's the beauty of having free speech. We're all entitled to our opinions. I think molyneux is factual and accurate, you dont. It's also not a documentary which shows you haven't watched it. I dont agree with unfiltered mass migration of so called refugees, you do. I agree with most of Gemma says, you dont. And your perfectly entitled to that opinion. Personally I think you are a bit thick and ignorant but how or never.

Also, to add that free speech in Ireland is quashed by mainstream media, RTE, the muppets in the journal, times, and bert and ernie on TV3, all two the establishment line on everything. Any dissent is ridiculed and people and shouted down as some 'ism'.
    I watched an African women call Niall boylan a racist for stating facts. Of course Bert and Ernie let her off without any interrogation or questioning. What message does that give the viewer? Most MSM is biased news anyway. I've completely tuned out. Most people I know who are smart, dont poison their mind with the MSM.

I think molyneux is factual and accurate, you dont..

I don't because its not factual or accurate.

Facts. Basic, simple beautiful facts.

https://www.thejournal.ie/factcheck-project-ireland-2040-ethnic-irish-4440742-Jan2019/?amp=1

Molyneux is working off a non factual base fro the get go, so everything after is wrong. You should be embarrassed about this, believing this. Genuinely, have a word with yourself.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/coveney-cork-set-to-become-fastest-growing-region-in-state-1.3397820

Anyway, check the the absolutely embarrassing amount of her fellow patriots that are outside Google at the moment. Equal parts laughable and sad.

Part of me really feels sorry for her. She is fúcking pathetic.

• Advertisement

I don't because its not factual or accurate.

Facts. Basic, simple beautiful facts.

https://www.thejournal.ie/factcheck-project-ireland-2040-ethnic-irish-4440742-Jan2019/?amp=1

Anyway, check the the absolutely embarrassing amount of her fellow patriots that are outside Google at the moment. Equal parts laughable and sad.

Part of me really feels sorry for her. She is fúcking pathetic.

You are quoting me the journal? Ffs perhaps buzzfeed might have been better? They are shipping foreigners in and giving them houses and free stuff. They also breed at a faster rate. To he honest, someone like you will never understand so its pointless arguing. You are wilfully ignorant. I passed through Dublin recently and couldn't believe how its changed. Just another soulless bland melting pot. Import the 3rd world and you become it.

Having lived amongst a Somali community in London, let me tell you it was awful. Our values and culture a vastly different to these people. Again, people like you virtue signalling are but useful idiots. I actually feel sorry for you, so blinkered.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Having lived amongst a Somali community in London, let me tell you it was awful. Our values and culture a vastly different to these people. Again, people like you virtue signalling are but useful idiots. I actually feel sorry for you, so blinkered.

i'm sure thought very highly of you as well

• Registered Users Posts: 40,761 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

creeper1 wrote: »
    I noticed that Gemma’s YouTube channels have been taken down because of “hate speech”

Who the heck are YouTube to decide what is and what is not “hate speech”?

I am angry about this.

I'm angry she wasnt booted off sooner. Her vile hateful bigotry 2as just getting more dangerous.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 40,761 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It's a double standard though. It's open season on Twitter and you tube against white people, men in particular. Racist videos or channels against caucasians never get taken down. I've followed Gemma for a while, dont agree with everything she says, but admire her courage to tackle the rotten Irish establishment who take the mick out of the public on a daily basis. That's the beauty of free speech, you can form your own opinion.

You'd swear the powers that be are trying to divide us with identity politics, but that couldn't be could it? Most 'progressives' are intolerant of any views other than their own and side with the establishment on everything. They also seem to be perpetually offended, shouting 'isms' at everyone when they feel like it. In my opinion, they do it because it's a sneaky way of attaining power unchallenged. Take for example leah Doherty, who assaulted a citizen journalist and bragged about it on social media.

In my humble opinion, new age progressives are useful idiots and foot soldiers of the establishment. They police thought in an attempt to exude control. I just cant believe more people arent waking up to this.

For tolerance to really win out you have to be intolerant of intolerance.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 81,534 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Right, I've had to hand out several cards.

Keep the conversation civil, cut the flamewar crap out now. You can surely convey yourselves without denigrating one another as ignoramuses and thickos.
    Gemtrails and the Gemmaroids

These are derogatory labels and they won't be entertained here.
    They are shipping foreigners in and giving them houses and free stuff. They also breed at a faster rate.

This is basic dog-whistle racism. It won't be entertained here either.
    You are quoting me the journal? Ffs perhaps buzzfeed might have been better?
    On a personal note that's just Argumentum Ad Hominem, a feckless dismissal of information (a fact-check no less) because you don't like the slant of the source. Try to go for an actual rebuttal of the contained argument. I also note you don't back up your own arguments with sources, so you don't appear to have sufficient credibility to dismiss sources from other people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1151603660578787328?s=19

The eyes of the world?? I counted 6 people =)

Gerry G wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1151603660578787328?s=19

The eyes of the world?? I counted 6 people =)

Woah now, 20 people are talking about it on Twitter, and so are we!

Overheal wrote: »
    Right, I've had to hand out several cards.

Keep the conversation civil, cut the flamewar crap out now. You can surely convey yourselves without denigrating one another as ignoramuses and thickos.

These are derogatory labels and they won't be entertained here.

This is basic dog-whistle racism. It won't be entertained here either.

On a personal note that's just Argumentum Ad Hominem, a feckless dismissal of information (a fact-check no less) because you don't like the slant of the source. Try to go for an actual rebuttal of the contained argument. I also note you don't back up your own arguments with sources, so you don't appear to have sufficient credibility to dismiss sources from other people.

Well it's obvious who's side your on, but I dont really care as any sane person knows what I mean. That's why trump is doing so well because people are tired of PC nonsense like on this site.

I can back up every single argument. The journal is a biased publication l. The side with everything liberal. I could give many examples. One is they conveniently bash President Trump on a daily basis with false narratives. You dont have to agree. In fact I couldn't care less either way.

Woah now, 20 people are talking about it on Twitter, and so are we!

She had over 20,000 subscribers on YouTube.

All leftists can shout is racist! Homophobia! Bigot!

I'm a liberal, therefore I love the government bringing in so called refugees, without question. I agree with everything the government does because I trust them wholeheartedly.
    I need to signal to everyone that I'm virtuous to gain social brownie points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

For tolerance to really win out you have to be intolerant of intolerance.
    People talk a good show of this, but the meeja is increasingly becoming an echo chamber, with very little investigative journalism I think we are far less tolerant of non conformity, and journalists can't really afford to go outside the lines

People talk a good show of this, but the meeja is increasingly becoming an echo chamber, with very little investigative journalism I think we are far less tolerant of non conformity, and journalists can't really afford to go outside the lines

Yes, of course it's open season on Gemma here, who is an investigative journalist in a true sense. There are none really remaining in Ireland bar her. The others know which side their bread is buttered. The journal, for example is leftist activism masquerading as journalism, they have credibility. Stating that there are only 2 genders gets you banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,324 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Ireland has the 3rd highest cancer rate in the world, why is that?
    Probably because we eat too much, drink too much and sit on our arses in polluting cars too much. People need to start thinking deeper.
    not going to get the same reach is it.
    Not going to bring in the same ad revenue is the real issue.

Probably because we eat too much, drink too much and sit on our arses in polluting cars too much. People need to start thinking deeper.

Not going to bring in the same ad revenue is the real issue.

I've lived all over the world and can tell you there are nations living far unhealthier lifestyles. Namely Germany, where the are basically carnivorous and smoke like trains. In Britain, binge drinking is worse than in Ireland.

• Advertisement

I dont really care as any sane person knows what I mean.
    Another logical fallacy: the Bandwagon.
    I can back up every single argument. The journal is a biased publication l. The side with everything liberal. I could give many examples. One is they conveniently bash President Trump on a daily basis with false narratives. You dont have to agree. In fact I couldn't care less either way.

This isn't a thread about Trump. This is not Politics.

If you care less, don't bother to bring it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,324 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I've lived all over the world and can tell you there are nations living far unhealthier lifestyles. Namely Germany, where the are basically carnivorous and smoke like trains. In Britain, binge drinking is worse than in Ireland.

Funnily enough, your personal experience of living all over the world is not quite at the level of peer reviewed evidence.

But why don't you educate us all on why our cancer rates are so high?

She had over 20,000 subscribers on YouTube.

OK? That's pretty low for youtube. And also not hard to pull off when you appeal to an audience and say outrageous things for shock value.

The life expectancy in Ireland and Germany are almost indistinguishable.

https://www.infoplease.com/world/health-and-social-statistics/life-expectancy-countries-0

Ireland is the 2nd worst binge drinking nation after Austria. England is 13th down the list.

https://www.statista.com/chart/5357/the-worlds-worst-countries-for-binge-drinking/

Fact based arguments trump anecdotes.

Stating that there are only 2 genders gets you banned.

Not that this is the topic either - but hermaphroditism and intersex people are still a thing. XY-Male and XX-Female are not the only 2 genders; not surprised given the politics, that people don't want their platforms hijacked with this issue either. On Boards the Anthropology, Sociology & Culture or Biology Boards would be the more apropos places to demystify oneself about genetics, and sexuality in the case of the former. Subscribers can of course also visit the Sex & Sexuality Forum.

OK? That's pretty low for youtube. And also not hard to pull off when you appeal to an audience and say outrageous things for shock value.

The life expectancy in Ireland and Germany are almost indistinguishable.

https://www.infoplease.com/world/health-and-social-statistics/life-expectancy-countries-0

Ireland is the 2nd worst binge drinking nation after Austria. England is 13th down the list.

https://www.statista.com/chart/5357/the-worlds-worst-countries-for-binge-drinking/

Fact based arguments trump anecdotes.

Life expectancy and cancer rates are 2 different topics. I'm not sure what point your trying to make with that.

https://www.wcrf.org/dietandcancer/cancer-trends/data-cancer-frequency-country

20000 subscribers is good for someone exposing corruption in a country with less than 5 million people. Especially when the media, academia, government, etc are relentlessly pushing a narrative on the plebs, that Gemma is calling out. Also, she only set up her account relatively recently and was gaining popularity quite quick.

Not that this is the topic either - but hermaphroditism and intersex people are still a thing. XY-Male and XX-Female are not the only 2 genders; not surprised given the politics, that people don't want their platforms hijacked with this issue either. On Boards the Anthropology, Sociology & Culture or Biology Boards would be the more apropos places to demystify oneself about genetics, and sexuality in the case of the former. Subscribers can of course also visit the Sex & Sexuality Forum.

I'd be interested to know what percentage of Irish people are hermaphrodite or intersex, a tiny minority I'd imagine.

If I rephrase and say youd get banned from that biased rag, if you said that people who mutilate their genitals are mentally ill and need help, or a man becoming a woman is against against nature.

Life expectancy and cancer rates are 2 different topics. I'm not sure what point your trying to make with that.
    I'm not sure what Germans eating lots of meat has to do with cancer either? I was just responding to an anecdote with facts.
    20000 subscribers is good for someone exposing corruption in a country with less than 5 million people. Especially when the media, academia, government, etc are relentlessly pushing a narrative on the plebs, that Gemma is calling out. Also, she only set up her account relatively recently and was gaining popularity quite quick.

If you say so.

You talk as if she has been permabanned. In reality, her account was suspended for 7 days.

If I rephrase and say youd get banned from that biased rag, if you said that people who mutilate their genitals are mentally ill and need help, or a man becoming a woman is against against nature.

I'd say animals can change their sexual organs in a pinch, so nature doesn't seem to have a hard opinion on the matter.

For Gender Dysmorphia, I'd refer to DSM-V. Are you a practicing psychologist by any chance?

Again, no site with comments is obligated to entertain these conversations either. It doesn't affect your statutory or constitutional rights if they don't, either.

Funnily enough, your personal experience of living all over the world is not quite at the level of peer reviewed evidence.

But why don't you educate us all on why our cancer rates are so high?

Well in my worldly experience, and what I see with my own eyes evaluates to my comment. You can search on Google if you want to find German smoking rates I'm sure. Then again how accurate are 'reviews', a bit like polls perhaps?

Britain has a huge problem with booze. I'm talking about Anglo saxons. London is made up of nearly half Muslim, whose faith bans alcohol. Therefore the per capita statistics may be skewed.

• Advertisement

I'd be interested to know what percentage of Irish people are hermaphrodite or intersex, a tiny minority I'd imagine.
    That would be their personal business. I don't see how it affects you or me.

Advertisement