Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Random Waffle Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

I see a junkie brother and sister are back screaming at each other and asking for a euro outside Tesco over the last few days again both carry knifes I know she went to jail for stabbing someone up at the train station a few years ago, I am told he carries lots of knifes on him as well and shows of on his fathers Facebook self defense page how to throw knifes and where to stab someone. I see them both stopping children and asking for money off them to get the bus to Dublin when both live in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Any time scale to when the TK Maxx store is to open or will this be another Penny's longer finger never happen thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Any time scale to when the TK Maxx store is to open or will this be another Penny's longer finger never happen thing?

2020 according to the planning I seen somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Are they building an all
    New store? With all the retail units empty in Carlow that seems a bit mad

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

road_high wrote: »
    Are they building an all
    New store? With all the retail units empty in Carlow that seems a bit mad

Location is everything in retail. Maybe the existing units aren't in the best place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

I knew Homesense/TK Maxx were coming but thought it would be to the Lakes Retail Park where The Range are. Homestore and More won't like that. From what I understand neither The Range or Homestore and More are happy with their Carlow stores.

holyhead wrote: »
    I knew Homesense/TK Maxx were coming but thought it would be to the Lakes Retail Park where The Range are. Homestore and More won't like that. From what I understand neither The Range or Homestore and More are happy with their Carlow stores.

Carlow is oversupplied with both these types of stores tbh. Also has a decent network of locally owned very good DIY stores. I live in Kilkenny and forever getting flyers through my door for various ones, especially Connolly’s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

Does anyone know what are the building works are going on in 1 Montgomery Street beside the Seven Oaks? The house is having a large amount of work done, and sold for 380k on the property price register?

I'm guessing it'll be turned into offices, but I don't see any planning application online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

holyhead wrote: »
    From what I understand neither The Range or Homestore and More are happy with their Carlow stores.

I was in The Range last week & was surprised how empty it was.
    There's a similar store opened up beside Dunnes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think if you go back in this thread to when The Range opened you would find most posters said they would not be shocked to see it last more than a couple of years before it closed up.

I'm still surprised Curry's has lasted out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I'm still surprised Curry's has lasted out there.

Curry's is doing sweet fcukall out there. Rarely more than one or two when you go into the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

Army warehouse shop out there is great, decent quality affordable selection of useful stuff

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Curry's is doing sweet fcukall out there. Rarely more than one or two when you go into the shop.

Bought my current laptop there and found them good in terms of service and value. But again Carlow is over served with electrical stores- Sherwood’s Electro and Swans not to mention the DIY stores that do also appliances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I found Curry's good to deal with, but honestly I forget that there are stores out there. It's either Fairgreen/town centre or go to Kilkenny for me. Locally, Reas shops in Bagenalstown are two little gems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

BattleCorp wrote: »

I'd say it's doing better than you think most of those stores are pretty much the same, people dropping into to browse and look at the tv they want and cant fit or afford. The business for them is location as most of the large appliances will be bought on line and collected from the stores they're glorified depots with probably only a handful of staff on at any time.

If you take a look at electrocity they're pretty much the same and on a side note I'd never deal with them after my wife being sold something as new which clearly came off the shop floor and had been there for a good length of time.

Whats going on in Carlow with all the assaults and a bloody samurai sword attack in the last few weeks I heard there was another assault in town lastnight.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Well the FB pages (and there seem to be a few) make all kinds of claims, most of which seem far fetched at best, but as the case seems to be open, perhaps best not to discuss the specifics.

Well the FB pages (and there seem to be a few) make all kinds of claims, most of which seem far fetched at best, but as the case seems to be open, perhaps best not to discuss the specifics.

True. I tend to avoid all of those local FB pages as surprisingly Carlow seems to have an above average dose of crackers I was following that Carlow for sale page and a video tends to pop up now and again.

I'm curious as to what her sons take is on it all and don't expect to find out tbh as I assume he's a minor.

I'd say her kids were witness to some disturbing events during their childhood. :(

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    True. I tend to avoid all of those local FB pages as surprisingly Carlow seems to have an above average dose of crackers I was following that Carlow for sale page and a video tends to pop up now and again.

I'm curious as to what her sons take is on it all and don't expect to find out tbh as I assume he's a minor.

I'd say her kids were witness to some disturbing events during their childhood. :(

I’d say the poor kid hasn’t a lot to say on it, he’s very young and clearly taken into care for good reason.
    Mod snip

iwillhtfu wrote: »

The latest she was balling about having to leave a family party as her son was due to attend and she couldn't be in the same area/building/room I don't know. I then notice what I assume is a daughter commenting that she left of her own volition and that her son was never attending this party, also mentioned not to be using her daughters birthday to suit her agenda.

So was there a public stand off online between the daughter and Mod Snip? Can’t say that would surprise me, she’d drive anyone over the edge

• Advertisement

road_high wrote: »
    So was there a public stand off online between the daughter and the<SNIP> one? Can’t say that would surprise me, she’d drive anyone over the edge

I wouldn't call it a stand off. The daughter posted on a recent video I saw to clear up facts as AR insinuated she was forced to leave a party because of some ruling or Tusla. According to presumably her daughter AR had left this party of her own volition and that the son had never planned to attend or would've been able due to something about siblings. She had added not to turn her childs party into an opportunity to vent her feelings but I noticed after she deleted that comment and amended her post to leave out the last bit.

Seems a very sad situation for the son to be caught up in and the vitriolic attacks by her supporters against Tusla and those asking simple questions are eye opening. It would certainly lead one to believe that wherever the son is he's better off.

She involved rent a mob so that’s really poured petrol on the fire now. Very cult like in their carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Can't help but think ARs on & off line behaviour (Fairgreen Flashmob for example before that bandwagon moved on up the town to Liberty Tree Fountain for example) has cost her young wan sponsorship or promotional opportunities; your 15 mins. of fame as a ROT **Winner** is short enough but the time-frame to capitalise on not having won it but made headlines because your story impacted at the time is much shorter.

Also last weekend there was an event on in Carlow I was at; I spotted an individual (name by PM only obviously) outside at the perimeter of the area who I recognised from a distance as having been part of aforementioned Fairgreen Flashmob and having er, "starred" in numerous other AR videos protesting @ TUSLA offices around the country.

Anyway later I'd a gawk on Twitter & Facebook & the individual'd posted photos of the various placards & posters on the ground outside the event with all the usual slogans.

This was a family event; my guess is the individual wasn't vocal because there was no loudhailer to amplify voice and indeed because they were alone on this occasion; they packed up their circus and headed away on home or perhaps onto next protest; went in direction of Kilkenny Road/Burrin St. but could've been going on to get a bus to next shouting event.

Rent a Crowd; they've also aligned themselves with the current Google HQ "Free Speech" protest & I notice this from ARs videos where individuals on that protest get mentioned positively.

The In Camera rule's there to protect the most important person in the situation; not TUSLA, not the parent/s, not the judge or the prosecution or defence but THE CHILD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

It's a sad case from what I can see. Ar is very easy lead I reckon plus just wants the "fame" of all this, the rent a crowd is feeding her but the number one thing I think is forgotten is all her kids and grandkids how do they feel about this self infected attention.
    Nokia6230i wrote:
    The In Camera rule's there to protect the most important person in the situation; not TUSLA, not the parent/s, not the judge or the prosecution or defence but THE CHILD.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

iano.p wrote: »
    It's a sad case from what I can see. Ar is very easy lead I reckon plus just wants the "fame" of all this, the rent a crowd is feeding her but the number one thing I think is forgotten is all her kids and grandkids how do they feel about this self infected attention.

Disagree on the 'easy lead', having known her when she was younger, I would be of the opinion that she is devious & coniving & knows exactly what she is at by engaging with these people.

I think some her issue with the foster family is down to them being the family of the sons late father who she would have been close to at one time when she was younger and they would know each others bad sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

denis160 wrote: »
    Disagree on the 'easy lead', having known her when she was younger, I would be of the opinion that she is devious & coniving & knows exactly what she is at by engaging with these people.

That doesn’t surprise me. These sort of people will blame everyone but themselves. But she’s dealing with the wrong lot here- Tusla have the full backing of the Legal system and child protection is a very serious matter indeed. The more she continues with this circus the slimmer chances of seeing her son become as she basically validated the courts decision over and over.

Laois_Man wrote: »

If they want to come and do that to me I’ll gladly do it for €1.1 million. Non sensical level award

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Mod Note: Can we leave that case lie please, as it is on-going

Advertisement