Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

cadetship 2019

Options
  • 25-04-2019 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm thinking of applying for the cadetship this year just wondering can you apply for both the army and navy in the same competition? also for the Equestrian cadetship what level of experience with horses is expected? I've a lot of experience working with horses but never competed in show jumping

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Ducky00

Hi I'm thinking of applying for the cadetship this year just wondering can you apply for both the army and navy in the same competition? also for the Equestrian cadetship what level of experience with horses is expected? I've a lot of experience working with horses but never competed in show jumping

Yes you can apply for both but be prepared to do 2 fitness tests etc. Not about the equestrian cadetship but I do know that you have to actually show horse handling skills, riding skills in the barracks and have a portfolio with videos of you riding and handling. But someone else please correct me if I'm wrong here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

thanks, application submitted anyway I assume I won't hear anything for a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭BittysHill1998

Anyone know anything about the assessment stage of the Cadetship application process?

What does it entail?

Psychometric tests for the Army and Navy 2019 Cadetship competitions should be out next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Worried94

I’ve seen on other threads that psychometric testing has a deadline of the 15th of May but I only got an email on the 13th to say they’d be out by the end of the week along with all the provisional dates for the fitness tests, interview and medical tests. Has anyone got the same email?

• Advertisement

That 15th of May deadline is just for general service. The Cadetship psychometric test deadline will be around the 25th of May

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RJ123

Anybody got any replies regarding psychometric on if you’ve passed or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

RJ123 wrote: »
    Anybody got any replies regarding psychometric on if you’ve passed or not?

Not yet was wondering how long I'd expect to wait

Not yet was wondering how long I'd expect to wait

Yeah It’s a bit annoying given that’s it’s less than two weeks away from the first provisional fitness date they gave us in the email. Then again, the gap between the last provisional fitness/group assessment and first interviews was only 6. Kinda frustrating it’s pushed that close to each other for scheduling purpose.

Yeah It’s a bit annoying given that’s it’s less than two weeks away from the first provisional fitness date they gave us in the email. Then again, the gap between the last provisional fitness/group assessment and first interviews was only 6. Kinda frustrating it’s pushed that close to each other for scheduling purpose.

6 days*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 SierraLima

Hi guys,
    Are these dates and timeframes applicable to the air core cadetship too? I finished the online psychometric tests before the deadline and have yet to hear anything back (deadline was 12 noon on 31/5)
    If anyone hears anything please do share!

SierraLima wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Are these dates and timeframes applicable to the air core cadetship too? I finished the online psychometric tests before the deadline and have yet to hear anything back (deadline was 12 noon on 31/5)
    If anyone hears anything please do share!

The email with the provisional dates says that its Army only

Hopefully comes out tomorrow. Waiting is hard lol

Just heard back from the army going on the 24th. Waiting on navy now

• Registered Users Posts: 22 R0ibeard1997

Just heard back from the army going on the 24th. Waiting on navy now

Heard back from the army myself there same date as yourself, no word from air corps but didn't think I did too well in it to be fair.

Heard back from the army myself there same date as yourself, no word from air corps but didn't think I did too well in it to be fair.

They all do different dates so I wouldn’t get too worried yet. Air corps is the most selective tho

They all do different dates so I wouldn’t get too worried yet. Air corps is the most selective tho

Touch wood anyways! Good luck with your training see you up there

Aye heard back there lads. Got the 24th of June. Must be a small enough pool of candidates

Aye heard back there lads. Got the 24th of June. Must be a small enough pool of candidates

Wonder what the stats are this year in terms of applicants. Ye travelling far for it? Coming from Galway myself

Wonder what the stats are this year in terms of applicants. Ye travelling far for it? Coming from Galway myself

There must be less applicants this year. How long do you have to drive? I’m coming from Armagh so it’s about 4 hours

• Advertisement

There must be less applicants this year. How long do you have to drive? I’m coming from Armagh so it’s about 4 hours

I’ll be coming from cork so same 4 hours for me

I’ll be coming from cork so same 4 hours for me

Fair play. All these Kildare and Dublin ones have it easy haha

4 hours jaysus I thought my 2 hours was rough enough! I reckon fitness and psychometric will be grand it's the group assessment I'm à bit worried about, not really sure how to prep for it

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SierraLima

No word myself from the air core.
    Hoping it’s by end of week. Fingers crossed!

Has anyone ever done the group assessment? Anyone know anything about it?

And aye the Air Corps is always a bit after the Army because there usually less candidates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dara206

Have done a couple group interviews with other companies ie not the Defence Forces, it is usually to gauge how you collaborate with others, so how you voice your ideas and also let others voice theirs. Quickly allows people to see who is a team player and who is a show off. Also highlights if someone is a "passenger", someone who will stay quiet and let others take charge, so no presence..

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭TheWarChicken

I'm looking at enlisting as an officer next year, but I'll still be in Leaving Cert year when the competition comes up. Is that going to stop me for a year or is it worked around the holidays?
    Do I need a third level qualification, it says that there are options to do it through the army after the training is finished but ye all seem to be talking about the degrees you already have.
    Thanks

I'm looking at enlisting as an officer next year, but I'll still be in Leaving Cert year when the competition comes up. Is that going to stop me for a year or is it worked around the holidays?
    Do I need a third level qualification, it says that there are options to do it through the army after the training is finished but ye all seem to be talking about the degrees you already have.
    Thanks

You can apply from leaving cert and A-Levels. Requirements will be a more difficult

Anybody hear anything?

• Advertisement

Anybody hear anything?

Nothing. It’s not looking good

Advertisement