Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Philips Senseo HD7863/80 £23 tesco direct

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭billie1b

Amaru KGB wrote: »
    How do you pay? Th credit card is address doesn't allow an Irish address

Do you have a parcel motel address?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Amaru KGB

Yeah just registered there, use that?

Yeah just registered there, use that?

Yeah use that, dont forget to put your PM ID on the address

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Amaru KGB

billie1b wrote: »
    Yeah use that, dont forget to put your PM ID on the address

Excellent, cheers man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Is there any codes going for Tesco now? The £5 code TDX-HQ9T doesn't seem to work.

• Advertisement

Excellent, cheers man

No probs, enjoy your coffee. I have the very first senseo machine, I decided today that I was due an upgrade, ordered one too, will keep the old one up as a spare. Check out > http://www.allaboutpods.ie < for cheap pads for it. Im not in anyway connected to this company, I order my coffee here. In Tesco is €3.69 for a packet of 18 pads, this place charge €5.45 for 36 of Douwe Egberts or €4.50 for 36 pads of a cheaper version. The €4.50 bag is of the exact quality and taste of the €5.45 bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

A pox on your house Bargain Alerts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Just ordered one despite having a fabulous Jura Impresa Z5, a fully automatic Saeco & an F897 Krups Nespresso machine!

If my other half sees this post, I am dead!!!!! Lol

I just can't resist a bargain! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

If you like a strong mug of coffee then get mug sized pads on amazon. Works out at about 25c each delivered. I'd need to use two senseo pads or two nespresso pods to make a proper mug so the douwe egberts mug pods work out cheaper than even the noname pods elsewhere.

Also worth getting a coffeeduck so you can have a wider range of flavours and you can make it as strong or weak as you like. The amount you tamp the coffee makes an enormous difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Make sure you check that any refillable solution you buy (like the Ecopad the Coffee Duck mentioned above) is compatible with your machine. I bought a set of these 2 weeks ago. They work in the double-pod holder of my Senseo 7814.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

billie1b wrote: »
    No probs, enjoy your coffee. I have the very first senseo machine, I decided today that I was due an upgrade, ordered one too, will keep the old one up as a spare. Check out > http://www.allaboutpods.ie < for cheap pads for it. Im not in anyway connected to this company, I order my coffee here. In Tesco is €3.69 for a packet of 18 pads, this place charge €5.45 for 36 of Douwe Egberts or €4.50 for 36 pads of a cheaper version. The €4.50 bag is of the exact quality and taste of the €5.45 bag.
    "sold out"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭greenheart

I'm trying to order one, just signed up for PM but I'm waiting for the registration text, how long does it usually take, they'll be sold out before it comes with my luck :mad:

I put in 085 instead of 086! Got it sorted but now my card won't go through think its because the billing address is different, I'm giving up I'm doing this since half eight..
    Gonna have a coffee and come back and try again...

"sold out"

Must of been a busy day for them yesterday and I usually order my minths supply today :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

greenheart wrote: »
    I'm trying to order one, just signed up for PM but I'm waiting for the registration text, how long does it usually take, they'll be sold out before it comes with my luck :mad:

I put in 085 instead of 086! Got it sorted but now my card won't go through think its because the billing address is different, I'm giving up I'm doing this since half eight..
    Gonna have a coffee and come back and try again...

Use your PM address as your billing address

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Make sure you check that any refillable solution you buy (like the Ecopad the Coffee Duck mentioned above) is compatible with your machine. I bought a set of these 2 weeks ago. They work in the double-pod holder of my Senseo 7814.

From that listing:
    "ONLY WORKS IN SENSO MACHINES WITH MODEL # STARTING WITH HD781"

Also if you fill and tamp the coffee the plastic screen can split when the coffee expands. The original ecopad company seem to be gone so god knows where these are made and what from.

People also reporting the melitta one won't fit newer models so best check beforehand with the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Don't want one. Don't need one. Ordered one.

That should be the official motto of Bargain Alerts. :)

moodrater wrote: »
    From that listing:
    "ONLY WORKS IN SENSO MACHINES WITH MODEL # STARTING WITH HD781"

Also if you fill and tamp the coffee the plastic screen can split when the coffee expands. The original ecopad company seem to be gone so god knows where these are made and what from.

People also reporting the melitta one won't fit newer models so best check beforehand with the seller.

I had this link at bottom of my post. it's the one for this model from tesco (quadrante). youtube vids for how to use these things (e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3vVyjwcBbk ) seems straightfwd enough. a bit extra hassle obviously but still quick. It's a choice for people who want to save cash and/or use a larger choice of coffee.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Noble-Coffeeduck-8717472190413-Latte-Quadrante/dp/B00295RAT8/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391428400&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=coffe+duck+quadrante

reviews are decent.

glasso wrote: »
    I had this link at bottom of my post. it's the one for this model from tesco (quadrante). youtube vids for how to use these things (e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3vVyjwcBbk ) seems straightfwd enough. a bit extra hassle obviously but still quick. It's a choice for people who want to save cash and/or use a larger choice of coffee.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Noble-Coffeeduck-8717472190413-Latte-Quadrante/dp/B00295RAT8/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391428400&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=coffe+duck+quadrante

reviews are decent.

Thats the one I have for my 7825 it works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭beardo81

From the reviews on Amazon it looks like this comes with a euro plug, does anyone know is this the case? Ordered now and waiting on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,308 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Thanks OP this well make a great Valentine's pressie for the other half :)

beardo81 wrote: »
    From the reviews on Amazon it looks like this comes with a euro plug, does anyone know is this the case? Ordered now and waiting on it!

I doubt it as tesco are selling and distributing from the UK where they'd have to give a warning that it was not suitable for uk socket (except in the case of toothbrush or shaver) vs amazon where the stock could be coming from netherlands, germany etc.

• Advertisement

order has been shipped for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

beardo81 wrote: »

Tesco one comes with standard 3 pin plug

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Mine was delivered to PM yesterday morning, but not checked in yet. Any chance these are over sized?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Mine was delivered to PM yesterday morning, but not checked in yet. Any chance these are over sized?
    I got mine through parcel motel no problem.
    If I were you I'd contact parcel motel. Tesco never included my pmid on the parcel so it was just floating around the depot and only for me contacting them I would have never received it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Yeah, Tesco dropped the PMID, again. All sorted now. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭webels

Good to hear, maybe a stupid question but how did you know it was delivered to PM, was a notification of delivery from Tesco?

webels wrote: »
    Good to hear, maybe a stupid question but how did you know it was delivered to PM, was a notification of delivery from Tesco?

there is tracking on the tesco parcel. log into tesco and you can access the tracking on the order.

mine is checked into pm.
    i put my id as my last name

Yeah, Tesco dropped the PMID, again. All sorted now. Cheers.

Hey Kenny,

How did you sort it? Tesco dropped my ID also, I sent an e-mail and the reply I got was 'it will be shipped to the Finglas in the query pile'

Thanks
    Billie

• Advertisement

Mine is in my locker

Advertisement