Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-02-2020, 13:39   #1051
Meteorite58

Mod Note Thread open again for stats and data.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
13-02-2020, 18:15   #1052
sryanbruen

Storm comparison table for max wind gusts updated to Storm Ciara. I have not removed any storms since the last update contrast to what I said because I have yet to decide on what storms to remove (I have a few in mind like Deirdre, Dirk, Diana, Erik etc). On this occasion, I have also made the dates in text form, added Durrow and Storm Frank from December 2015 to fill in a blank slot on the bottom set of rows.

For new visitors, the gusts are colour coded based on the warning system set out on met.ie. Yellow is 90-110 km/h, Orange is 111-130 km/h and Red is greater than 130 km/h.

The Storm Brendan update to the max 10-minute mean wind speeds table should be coming in the next week or so.

I will also mention that given this has been asked on multiple occasions, the storms in the table have either been added per event, by request (like Brian was) or ones that I thought stood out (such as Doris and before).

Data from Met Éireann.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion