Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-02-2020, 20:37   #61
typhoony

I can see another minor upgrade in cold uppers over the next couple of model runs, -8 or -9 is achievable and impressive, I don't think it can go much lower, the relatively mild Atlantic waters has a limiting factor.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-02-2020, 20:37   #62
Snow angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asitis2019 View Post
Here is the official forecast for ME today

The early days of next week are likely to remain very unsettled, with generally strong winds, and potentially stormy conditions at times along with high seas. There will be spells of heavy rain interspaced with cold showery conditions, some of the showers turning wintry at times and some possibly with hail and thunder. Temperatures are likely to remain below average early next week with some overnight frosts expected also.

So, in summary:
- A bit of wind
- A bit of rain
- A bit of sleet on high ground

Normal February conditions. The ones that are trolling are the ones spouting this nonsense.
If you don’t wish to discuss weather please go elsewhere.
Thanks from:
06-02-2020, 20:39   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow angel View Post
If you don’t wish to discuss weather please go elsewhere.
But I do....however, I deal in the truth...and I truly feel that this is pure trolling on their part. Mark my words snow angel your hopes will be dashed. Remember these words - the downgrade and the U-turn will come. It always does.
06-02-2020, 20:39   #64
pauldry

You're right. Now go away
Thanks from:
06-02-2020, 20:40   #65
SleetAndSnow

Quote:
But I do....however, I deal in the truth...and I truly feel that this is pure trolling on their part. Mark my words snow angel your hopes will be dashed. Remember these words - the downgrade and the U-turn will come. It always does.
you're most likely right, but let us just read the charts and see what they are saying since none of us can actually predict the future and we just base it off what we see If it downgrades as had happened, you can be sure we post the downgrades and work with those models then. Obviously when something interesting is showing on the weather people will be hyped in the weather forum.
Advertisement
06-02-2020, 20:41   #66
Gaoth Laidir

The 12Z ECM has lower winds now associated with Ciara on Sunday. The 100-metre chart from previous runs was showing a lot more gold (Force 12) south of the low and along the Muster coast, but that's gone now. This chart gives an idea of what gust will be likely as it has been found that the 10-metre gusts are very strongly correlated to the 140-metre mean speed. I would add a few knots to the charts below to account for the extra 40 metres, so gusts to about 60 knots are likely along west coasts. It won't be the strength but more the longevity of winds over the next week that will be the feature.

Also, Monday and Tuesday still on for snow. The very strong westerly wind tipping the balance and limiting modification over the ocean. 850 temperatures below -20 °C coming out of the Labrador Sea only warming about 12-13 degrees on the way here, keeping thickness on the right side of marginal. I think those two days may prove to be more notable for many than Ciara itself.

06-02-2020, 20:41   #67
Meteorite58

Mod: ZTest
Quote:

Mod Note: Asitis see post https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...7&postcount=60
06-02-2020, 20:43   #68
Lyan

This is the weather forum. For the discussion of weather and such. Are you suggesting the weather shouldn't be discussed here?
06-02-2020, 20:50   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyan View Post
This is the weather forum. For the discussion of weather and such. Are you suggesting the weather shouldn't be discussed here?
I'm suggesting, very strongly, that people cast severe doubt over these amateur forecasters prognosticating that there will be snow. The highest likelihood eventuality is that there will be zero snow for most people.

These posters seem to gain a perverse satisfaction in making these predictions, knowing full well that the probability of the materializing is close to zero

I would pay attention to these prognostications if they provided the probabilities. Instead probabilities are substituted by subjective interpretations that are deeply biased.

I hope this clarifies matters -I care only for people not being misguided by posters who predict massive snowstorms and blizzards every two weeks.
Advertisement
06-02-2020, 20:53   #70
froog

Quote:
Will you go wan now and get out of the park ---

Summary - a bit of wind, rain, and a few isolated snowflakes in those far hills.

I'm absolutely sick of seeing these warnings - they mean nothing, and I pay not attention to them.
you know this is the weather forum right?
06-02-2020, 20:54   #71
Meteorite58

Mod Note : Asitis2019 . You have recieved a warning, you been requested to move on ,told that you made your point, and told if you disagree do not post here, now you are trolling and goading for a negative response .

Do not post in this thread again
06-02-2020, 21:05   #72
nthclare

Question

What is an upper lower temperature, can someone explain this in layman's terms?

Thanks in advance.
06-02-2020, 21:18   #73
Monkeynut

Importantly how is this storm pronounced. The traditional Irish way of saying Ciara. Keeer rah

Or the more modern way of American influence. Si air a.

Will not sleep till I find out.

But really how is the east looking. It's only Thursday I know, so I'd say we won't know best obviously till Saturdays runs. But anyway I'll still ask for people's own opinions on it.

Thanks

Last edited by Monkeynut; 06-02-2020 at 21:23.
06-02-2020, 21:20   #74
Meteorite58

Impressive rainfall totals up to Sunday night, coming in to spring tides over the weekend and into next week. Lot of run off and continuing very strong on shore winds into Mon with very high seas leading to possibility of coastal flooding.

06-02-2020, 21:29   #75
Meteorite58

ARPEGE coming in to the more reliable time frame now for this model.

ECM still looks the strongest winds gusting up around 110 to 120 km/h in places overland, widespread gusting to 100km/h, up to 120 - 130 km/h on coasts, ICON dropped wind speeds down a bit in the latest run. American still gusting 100 to 110Km/h overland.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion