Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-04-2019, 11:36   #16
Morini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brego888 View Post
Just think people are very quick to conclude that areas with Hap/social housing/private landlords etc will become another Darndale or Ballymun.

As a Donabate resident how would you compare living in Donabate vs Rush? Donabate seems a lovely area and location but with the overall infrastructure of a small village.
Thats a fair point, but people see that Fingal Co Co brought about exactly this situation in Balbriggan much more recently, and fear the same mistakes.

Regarding Donabate Vs Rush - I can't compare. Despite the proximity, there is relatively little interaction between the two possibly due to the lack of a direct road link - Donabate being on a peninsula (even if its not that obvious on a map!) does make it a bit isolated.

I don't want to be all negative, so to finish with some on-topic positives: Newbridge Demesne is a great facility, and its right beside Semple Woods. The train station is within easy walking distance of Semple Woods too, and its likely that when/if the cycleway to Malahide is complete (last I heard was that environmental problems are mostly resolved and planning will be submitted later this year) it will pass very close to Semple Woods.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-04-2019, 14:04   #17
Newbuild19

Even with the negativity, did anyone descide to put down a deposit?
13-04-2019, 16:45   #18
PukkaStukka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbuild19 View Post
Even with the negativity, did anyone descide to put down a deposit?
I've heard locally that all houses offered for sale at the launch were taken. Another tranche are supposed to be offered soon but prices are rumoured to be going up by €25k per house.

Again these are rumours and anecdotes but do suggest the development is selling
13-04-2019, 16:48   #19
Brego888

Yes I bought one. Lovely houses and met a number of other families last week who have also put deposits down.
Looking forward to meeting and discussing with anyone else who plans to buy.
Thanks from:
13-04-2019, 19:28   #20
PukkaStukka

Quote:
Yes I bought one. Lovely houses and met a number of other families last week who have also put deposits down.
Looking forward to meeting and discussing with anyone else who plans to buy.
Warnest Congratulations! When are you moving in?
Advertisement
13-04-2019, 20:26   #21
Brego888

They've indicated end of May/start of June. There were 30 something houses sold on the first open day last Saturday so not sure how many have gone now.
I'm in no panic to move so June/July suits me fine.
13-04-2019, 21:01   #22
Newbuild19

Congratulations! Good to see there was so much interest. I bought last weekend too, they advised it would be end of April/start of May but hopefully it’s a bit later than that!
13-04-2019, 21:46   #23
GJFT

There's a Facebook page for people that have bought homes in semple woods. Its a closed group.. Search Semple Woods Residents.
13-04-2019, 22:16   #24
cloneslad

Was down for a look at them last week. Have to say, the staff on the day were without doubt the best prepared I've ever seen from an open day viewing. They were incredibly friendly and helpful.

The 5 bedroom house has a very good layout too, rooms are all very spacious and the landing area is great too.

I felt the four bed house on show would be better as a three bed. Two of the bedrooms were tiny, one of them being office size only. I thought the three bed house was laid out better than the four.
Advertisement
13-04-2019, 22:49   #25
Brego888

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloneslad View Post
Was down for a look at them last week. Have to say, the staff on the day were without doubt the best prepared I've ever seen from an open day viewing. They were incredibly friendly and helpful.

The 5 bedroom house has a very good layout too, rooms are all very spacious and the landing area is great too.

I felt the four bed house on show would be better as a three bed. Two of the bedrooms were tiny, one of them being office size only. I thought the three bed house was laid out better than the four.
Get what you're saying about the bedroom sizes. But we went for the 4 bed for the much bigger kitchen which will work as a 2nd living room space also.

The 5 bed was fantastic but so far out of our price range. Would make you sick walking around it!
14-04-2019, 00:38   #26
cloneslad

Quote:
Get what you're saying about the bedroom sizes. But we went for the 4 bed for the much bigger kitchen which will work as a 2nd living room space also.

The 5 bed was fantastic but so far out of our price range. Would make you sick walking around it!

Yeah, the downstairs area makes sense. The second living area is a great thing to have. We use the living area in our kitchen as our main relaxing space, it’s nice and bright and when someone is making dinner you can chat to them.

We only went out as we are nosey, we bought in donabate at the end of 2017, moved into the house in Feb 2018 and my gf wanted to check the show houses for interior ideas. The fact it was kitted out by Ventura was always going to make it look nice and our wallets look sad.

Do you have any idea when you are moving in? They are absolutely flying through the build, seems to be more going up by the day when I’m driving past.
29-04-2019, 20:24   #27
PukkaStukka

It would appear that the developer has submitted an application to increase the density of the development and my information is he's applying to increase from 99 to 174 units using 5 apartment blocks. The amended application should be online soon if not posted already
29-04-2019, 21:15   #28
Brego888

There was 258 units planned for this development originally though?
29-04-2019, 21:26   #29
tomfoolery60

Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkaStukka View Post
It would appear that the developer has submitted an application to increase the density of the development and my information is he's applying to increase from 99 to 174 units using 5 apartment blocks. The amended application should be online soon if not posted already
Have you a link to an article/source?
30-04-2019, 11:32   #30
PukkaStukka

I got a poor quality phone photo of the planning notice sent to me.

I expect the application will be online soon enough

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion