Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to buy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

Darcy sports in DCU sports ground in Glasnevin
    great for stringing , racquets and other equipment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭wyk

I went to college in San Luis Obispo, not 30 mins from where the Tennis Warehouse is now. Which leads to my question: What does it cost them to send it over seas to Eire? Are there any shops in the Dub 12 area? I currently use a Prince triple threat Rafter, which is discontinued. I need to buy another soon before they are unavailable or switch back to a POG mid.

BTW, SLO is a gorgeous place.

Obliged,

Wez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Treade

Darcy sports have closed down

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

Martin Evnas in Fitzwillian LTC, just off lesson St

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 evoIIman

www.squashireland.ie

for harrow gear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

Bought some stuff from this uk site..

http://www.racquetacademy.com

15 pound delivery charge delivered within 6/7 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Repolho

I hear Ludgate O'Keeffes in Cork is closing down. I think he is retiring. No "proper" sports shop left in Cork then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭fugazied

I just bought my latest raquet from Ebay, cheap and it arrived fast (for a change) h.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I cant recommend rackets.ie highly enough, it is the part of the Martyn Evans shop in Fitzwilliam. I bought a racquet online on Tuesday and I got it on wednesday, couldn't believe how fast I got it. I also bought another racquet but I messed up on the grip size, rang the shop and they were very nice, I called into the shop and they sorted me out there and then. Fantastic service with this shop bought online and in person.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

They looks reputable enough but their racket selection is quite poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭dizzyg

A big thumbs up from me, for Martyn Evans in Fitz!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Another big thumbs up for Martyn Evans in Fitzwilliam from me. Great after sales service, they really look after their customers.

(PS - I've no connection with the shop, just very impressed).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Anyone know which sports shop in Dublin actually sells tennis t-shirts, shorts and proper trainers, other than going on line or out to Fitzwilliam.
    Looking to buy today and have to go into town at lunch time.
    Do the usual places like Champion, Elverys and Lifestyle even do tennis gear anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

If you can't get out to Fitzwilliam, then Elverys would be you best bet out of the others you named. They still have some sports stuff, and have not turned fully into fashion shops like the other two!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Does anyone know where I'd be able to get a 6 racket bag for badminton?
    I'd prefer a Yonex or Babolat.. but at this stage I don't mind.

Also new or 2nd hand, I'm happy either way.

I was in Martyn Evans and I found most the bags too expensive, because I'm only a student and €45 for a Babolat 6 racket Team bag was too expensive

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 tipptop1

anywhere i can get towel grips in dublin tried rackets.ie but they don't have them on their website, need them asap sp ebay would be no good

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭dizzyg

Wow, towel grips! Old skool :)
    Haven't seen any towel grips sold anywhere in years. Why towel? I used to have blisters on blisters when I used them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 tipptop1

for extremely wet conditions, used karakal pu but they were no good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Anyone got any reccomendations in Dublin where to pick up a decent squash racket at a good price? Ben using an Argos special for months and it's really holding me back! (IE falling apart)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 charliemoonhead

Brian Blaze.....Martyn Evans at Fitzwilliam is best in Dublin. Ask for Joe, Will or Nigel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

Where to buy squash shoes besides rackets.ie martain evans?
    Is there anywhere online cheaper?
    He does seem to be competitive with most online people.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

www.theracquethere.ie in Cork for tennis equipment and racquet stringing. Can deliver countrywide.

Advertisement