Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Replay: All Ireland SFC Final Dublin v Kerry Saturday 14/09/2019 @ 6pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Your the fella who can't understand English. You seem to have a problem comprehending your own posts. Your nothing but a moaner.
    Good boy. Keep up the lessons, you've a bit to go.

Poor ol gill will be here along shortly with another post you can thank! You're pure deadly at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

Good boy. Keep up the lessons, you've a bit to go.

Poor ol gill will be here along shortly with another post you can thank! You're pure deadly at that.

Gaelic football is a contact sport. If you can't handle that why don't you just toddle off somewhere else like a good little boy

Gaelic football is a contact sport. If you can't handle that why don't you just toddle off somewhere else like a good little boy

You're some moaner. Everyone else here trying to give their views, but all you can contribute is whinging.

Have you an actual point to make, or are you just going to keep up with the moaning?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Again, you're trying to get contrary about nothing.

But that's my point - it was nothing so I'm not sure why you are hypothesizing that some foul play may have occurred.

You're starting to contradict yourself now- same as with your protection post

You're some moaner. Everyone else here trying to give their views, but all you can contribute is whinging.

Have you an actual point to make, or are you just going to keep up with the moaning?

No point in keeping this going with you. Kerry by 2 on Saturday. Ciarraí Abu.

• Advertisement

But that's my point - it was nothing so I'm not sure why you are hypothesizing that some foul play may have occurred.

You're starting to contradict yourself now- same as with your protection post

Again, if you want to quote a post of mine where I complained about Gough please do.

If you want to quote a post of mine where I said Small was fouled, please do.

Otherwise, leave it alone and move on, and stop trying to make arguments where there are none. Leave the nonsense to the other lad.

Again, if you want to quote a post of mine where I complained about Gough please do.

If you want to quote a post of mine where I said Small was fouled, please do.

Otherwise, leave it alone and move on, and stop trying to make arguments where there are none. Leave the nonsense to the other lad.

You said that you hoped that Con & Mannion got the same protection as Clifford in the replay - this clearly implies that you think that they didnt the first day out (that's fairly clear).

You have raised the issue of the challenge on Small and said that you have watched it back but cant be sure whether there was foul play or not - clearly raising and issue and hypothesizing that something may have occurred when you then later state that it was nothing while also stating that it wasn't nothing.

You're going in circles to be fair and all I'm doing is pointing that out.

You said that you hoped that Con & Mannion got the same protection as Clifford in the replay - this clearly implies that you think that they didnt the first day out (that's fairly clear).

You have raised the issue of the challenge on Small and said that you have watched it back but cant be sure whether there was foul play or not - clearly raising and issue and hypothesizing that something may have occurred when you then later state that it was nothing while also stating that it wasn't nothing.

It's over his head. Your only wasting your time

So you can't quote anything that backs up what you say. Just re-phrasing stuff to suit your agenda and imagining what I must have been thinking based on your own prejudices!

If you want to reply to direct posts from me, using my actual words and whole posts please do. Otherwise let's move on. The replay thread doesn't mean you keep putting up strawmen and keep knocking them over. The quare fella will keep thanking you for it, but the rest of board must find it quite tedious.

How about we talk about the actual replay...

• Site Banned Posts: 97 ✭✭SelmaHayek

Does anyone know where I can pick up tickets for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Kerry to win it by 3 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭C__MC

Is their unrest in the Dublin camp ?

Kerry media putting a spin on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Surely Kerry are concentrating on the actual game rather than rumours of splits, lads not taking to one another, refs, venue, hotel prices, match time, and so on?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kerryscoob

Anything that happens cant technically be deemed to be nothing at all but in the context of foul play or misdemeanors committed then it was nothing at all - noone from Dublin even appealed for anything and there seemed to be absolutely nothing in it - Small didnt even appeal and he literally gives it the pained face appeal to every incident he is involved in.

As I said by even raising that as an issue - you are clutching

Well to be fair the umpires missed the penalty debacle so I’m not surprised they missed the tackle 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Gael85

C__MC wrote: »
    Is their unrest in the Dublin camp ?

Kerry media putting a spin on it?

Pat Spillane had the story. Must be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Surely Kerry are concentrating on the actual game rather than rumours of splits, lads not taking to one another, refs, venue, hotel prices, match time, and so on?

The most important people are the management and the players and I havent heard any of them say anything in interviews about any of them topics, so they must be concentrating on the game, they better be :D

Everything else is nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Congrats on your camogs by the way kerrydude.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Congrats on your camogs by the way kerrydude.

Cheers Bonniedog

Ya its was a mighty win,very committed bunch, hopefully now some money will be pumped into the game down here, the team had to fundraise themselves to get them to Croke Park, had a go fund me page set up and did a bucket collection before the county hurling final

• Registered Users Posts: 28 revelino70

Right, I'll stick my neck out here.. If you've read all the bickering posts about refereeing decisions on here, I'll say this - it's generally Dublin vs 31 when it comes down to it. When a dub commits a foul, the subtext is its thuggish or overly physical, when it's another team it's manly or over enthusiastic. Dublin are fitter and physically stronger ie, they can run about a bit but they're limited in the skills that true gaels have. It's part of the GAA narrative. As a dub it's infuriating listening to the RTÉ match commentary, every goal is forensically dissected to see a foul in the buildup, nearly every Dublin tackle is a potential foul while the mayo and kerry players et al hammer happily away at us. If kerry win on Saturday, good luck to them. Conor Lehane is a decent ref, but God help him in the last ten minutes of battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I can see 2 ways about the result

Dublin to win well in the end or another draw after ET

What I love about this replay is the football final is back in its rightful date due to this replay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭corny

revelino70 wrote: »
    Right, I'll stick my neck out here.. If you've read all the bickering posts about refereeing decisions on here, I'll say this - it's generally Dublin vs 31 when it comes down to it. When a dub commits a foul, the subtext is its thuggish or overly physical, when it's another team it's manly or over enthusiastic. Dublin are fitter and physically stronger ie, they can run about a bit but they're limited in the skills that true gaels have. It's part of the GAA narrative. As a dub it's infuriating listening to the RTmatch commentary, every goal is forensically dissected to see a foul in the buildup, nearly every Dublin tackle is a potential foul while the mayo and kerry players et al hammer happily away at us. If kerry win on Saturday, good luck to them. Conor Lehane is a decent ref, but God help him in the last ten minutes of battle.

He's a decent hurler too.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭dunnerc

No harm in dreaming ��

corny wrote: »
    He's a decent hurler too.:D

Whoops! Tired and emotional when I posted😴 Conor Lane obviously. But I won't argue, Lehane is a handy hurlerðŸ˜

• Site Banned Posts: 97 ✭✭SelmaHayek

Right, I'll stick my neck out here.. If you've read all the bickering posts about refereeing decisions on here, I'll say this - it's generally Dublin vs 31 when it comes down to it. When a dub commits a foul, the subtext is its thuggish or overly physical, when it's another team it's manly or over enthusiastic. Dublin are fitter and physically stronger ie, they can run about a bit but they're limited in the skills that true gaels have. It's part of the GAA narrative. As a dub it's infuriating listening to the RTÉ match commentary, every goal is forensically dissected to see a foul in the buildup, nearly every Dublin tackle is a potential foul while the mayo and kerry players et al hammer happily away at us. If kerry win on Saturday, good luck to them. Conor Lehane is a decent ref, but God help him in the last ten minutes of battle.

This is nonsense. There's as many anti Kerry people as anti Dubs in the country. And the victim complex doesn't work. You play nearly every game at home and have millions of euros handed to you. That's a real vicious campaign against you alright. If we had the same as that, we'd be going for 10 in a row.

SelmaHayek wrote: »
    This is nonsense. There's as many anti Kerry people as anti Dubs in the country. And the victim complex doesn't work. You play nearly every game at home and have millions of euros handed to you. That's a real vicious campaign against you alright. If we had the same as that, we'd be going for 10 in a row.

The county that have won 4 in a row, who have 40% of the population, over 50% of the games funding and get to play nearly every game at home - have a victim complex!

If you tried to explain it to a non Irish person they would think you crazy. It’s a fascinating insight into the psyche of certain Dublin fans.

It’s the Rangersification of a certain element of Dublin fans

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

Persecution complex in full flow!

I listened to a lot of post match analysis on Newstalk and the commentators were glowing in their praise for McCaffteys goal while also fair on Cooper and his deservedly sending off.

I read here a few days ago that Dublin have had a player red carded in the last 3 AI so that's hardly the media's fault.

The county that have won 4 in a row, who have 40% of the population, over 50% of the games funding and get to play nearly every game at home - have a victim complex!

If you tried to explain it to a non Irish person they would think you crazy. It’s a fascinating insight into the psyche of certain Dublin fans.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you:) it's not victimhood at all, it's a fact of GAA life we've always had to put up with. Long before funding came along, it was there. GAA is not mandatory for every citizen of the capital like it is in many areas of rural Ireland, there's plenty of other sports for people to play. And WTF are you bringing Rangers into it for? That's a rabid comment if ever there was one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you:) it's not victimhood at all, it's a fact of GAA life we've always had to put up with. Long before funding came along, it was there. GAA is not mandatory for every citizen of the capital like it is in many areas of rural Ireland, there's plenty of other sports for people to play. And WTF are you bringing Rangers into it for? That's a rabid comment if ever there was one.

I think he/she means Liffey Valley Rangers FC who play in the leinster senior league? Maybe poor old gill has inside info on the the Dublin players shopping in Liffey Valley, or getting freebies from the shopping centre? :D

I hope that the two of ya get tickets for the AI final replay, wouldn't it be some craic of you ended up sitting beside each other? ;)

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Rangers fans are known for having a 'noone like us, we dont care' attitude while simultaneously being the establishment club in Scotland.
    It's oxymoronical - similar to the Dublin victimhood!

Any dislike that is shown to Dublin should be seen as a positive - if they weren't good then noone would care

• Advertisement

I think he/she means Liffey Valley Rangers FC who play in the leinster senior league? Maybe poor old gill has inside info on the the Dublin players shopping in Liffey Valley, or getting freebies from the shopping centre? :D

I hope that the two of ya get tickets for the AI final replay, wouldn't it be some craic of you ended up sitting beside each other? ;)

I get enough grief from my Dub other half

Advertisement