Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland's asylum hotel monthly bill tops €3.54m

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Harika

Berserker wrote: »
    What crisis is over?

The European migrant crisis is long over: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_migrant_crisis

I am very sure you will now bring out something very bad done by an asylum seeker, where we then get into statistics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Harika wrote: »
    The European migrant crisis is long over: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_migrant_crisis

I am very sure you will now bring out something very bad done by an asylum seeker, where we then get into statistics.

Read my link above. War is not a factor

Let’s say Ireland is a wealthy country. How long can it stay wealthy? How many people from the third world can you help before you have to turn people away? Will the majority of migrants eventually be an asset to the economy and welfare system or will the majority of people who “move” here cost more than they can ever contribute. What happens when Africa’s population quadruples? When do you turn people away?

1. Is it or is it not?
    2. Depending on the next global economic crisis
    3. You could be smart and help them at home for a fraction of the price here, but some European countries decided that this is not a good idea to give foreign people money to not come, so they came instead :pac:
    4. They will be and are, shown by numerous studies
    5. Then there will be 4 times the amount of people been there
    6. Ideally you prevent them coming in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

If that is the case, why is Ireland seeing a dramatic increase in asylum claims in the last year, when asylum applications across Europe have decreased?

1. Is it or is it not?
    2. Depending on the next global economic crisis
    3. You could be smart and help them at home for a fraction of the price here, but some European countries decided that this is not a good idea to give foreign people money to not come, so they came instead :pac:
    4. They will be and are, shown by numerous studies
    5. Then there will be 4 times the amount of people been there
    6. Ideally you prevent them coming in the first place

http://johnbruton.com/immigration-from-africa-is-inevitable/

• Advertisement

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Read my link above. War is not a factor

Skimming over he is right, you want to control immigration as for now that is not done. Open official immigration paths from Afghanistan, Syria, Nigeria and so on to the EU and you remove the majority of illegal immigration.

Skimming over he is right, you want to control immigration as for now that is not done. Open official immigration paths from Afghanistan, Syria, Nigeria and so on to the EU and you remove the majority of illegal immigration.

He states that European population levels are dropping. Not having enough children for the next generation of tax payers. We won't be able to fund our public services or pay pensions.
    Africas population is booming. We want those people here. We need them. It is inevitable.

Direct provision etc means nothing in the grand scheme. There will be an explosion of immigration into Europe from Africa whether people like it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Only those in government presently or in the recent past know what is going to happen or what the plan is regarding immigration from Africa into Europe.
    There is a plan alright, but it will not be shared publicly to the plebs.
    Fine Gael's (former MEP) Brian Hayes wanted Ireland to take advantage of the population explosion in African, specifically pointing out the 400 Million that will be living in Nigeria in the next few decades. It was as if we should maybe take in a few million of them?

Brian did not contest this years MEP elections. Instead he joined a banking industry group. Hmmmmmm. Hell yeah, there is a correlation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

He's laying it out fairly straight, they are coming whether we like it or not so we might as well get ahead of it and make it legal.

Kivaro wrote: »
    If that is the case, why is Ireland seeing a dramatic increase in asylum claims in the last year, when asylum applications across Europe have decreased?

+30% of increases sounds dramatic, absolute it is a 700 people increase.
    No idea why Ireland sees a different trend, ideas?

• Advertisement

He's laying it out fairly straight, they are coming whether we like it or not so we might as well get ahead of it and make it legal.

Indeed, instead of let them throw money at criminals to transport them over, why not properly open channels. But you also don't want to take the brains and muscles away as this was shown highly detrimental to eastern Europe after joining the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

biko wrote: »
    Do-gooders don't give a **** about Irish homeless, there is just no money in it for them.
    You must have political will to house and feed the homeless, but there is none.
    There is however, plenty of political will to house and feed people that have never set foot in this country before.

Did you know that over 60% of "homeless" are either travellers or immigrants.

Did you know that the EU provides funding for part of the refugee intake

Did you know that we as a country need an awful lot more people of working age and younger to ensure vital jobs are filled and tax take grows.

Once immigrants can show they have no criminal or violent record, and can show an aptitude to work or education, it is my opinion that they should be allowed stay.

Indeed, instead of let them throw money at criminals to transport them over, why not properly open channels. But you also don't want to take the brains and muscles away as this was shown highly detrimental to eastern Europe after joining the EU.

Cant see how it will work. Let's say they start sending people to Europe now. It will cost a fortune short term to accommodate them for starters. In Ireland's case where will they live? What if they don't want to work ? Nothing runs smooth in this country anyway. I can see a massive cluster fùck coming.

Will the peoples of each European country have any say whatsoever?
    The far right will grow like never before throughout Europe if this is just forced upon them.
    No way can this plan run smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

nthclare wrote: »
    I'd say Marcus White the lovely doo gooder in Lisdoonvarna is very charitable too, another numpty as far as I'm concerned.
    He must be rolling in it too, all for the good of the people...

Didn't that knob close his hotel to the LGBT community for their annual get together in Lisdoonvarna, so they ended up in a grotty place out the Doolin road...

Looks like the Inn At Dromoland will profit from his disaster.....

Marcus white provides plenty local tradesmen cleaners gardeners and hotel workers with plenty work, work that wouldnt be there but for the whites, im old enough to remember the hotels in lisdoonvarna as rookeries for the crows, hes a business man and he's in the game to make money. He took advantage of the system

As for the gay weekend, he didn't close his hotel to them, the organisers withdrew from his venue because they weren't getting the support to keep it going from the gay community, they then went to the newly built Storehouse bar/restaurant (look it up on any of the critic websites, its far from "grotty " as you so eloquently put it)down the road as it was a smaller cheaper venue.

Again the support from the pink pound wasn't forthcoming, i guess the much lauded gay community supporters felt lisdoonvarna was beneath their lofty ideals of inclusivenes and felt the backward little backwater wasn't good enough to further the cause, maybe they felt there's more media coverage by having big parades in O Connell street rather than spreading the word to the culchies with no atm

So this year they've gone to Dromoland, probably more to their sensitive tastes, as the organisers believed being closer to limerick and the motorway networks would draw more of a crowd, them not liking to venture too far up into the wild west of course.

Now what that has to do with asylum seekers is beyond me but since you brought it up......

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

He states that European population levels are dropping. Not having enough children for the next generation of tax payers. We won't be able to fund our public services or pay pensions.
    Africas population is booming. We want those people here. We need them. It is inevitable.

Direct provision etc means nothing in the grand scheme. There will be an explosion of immigration into Europe from Africa whether people like it or not.

Are you for real.....

We need our women to be driven to have families and not career driven the way things are going.....

Please in no way take this as oh no way should they work or be in good jobs but we need Irish women having families and then we won't be as bad but as it's now so expensive to have children if you abide by the laws and work and pay your way then you are restricted terribly so this is where immigration will take over as they can have huge families and don't have to contribute a cent.....

Look the wool has been pulled over people's eyes for too long change is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭chuchuchu

Darc19 wrote: »
    Did you know that we as a country need an awful lot more people of working age and younger to ensure vital jobs are filled and tax take grows.

This is why we have work visas.
    Darc19 wrote: »
    Once immigrants can show they have no criminal or violent record, and can show an aptitude to work or education, it is my opinion that they should be allowed stay.

But the point is you dont know anything about them. How can you verify their history? Many of them dont have any documents, look at Sweden where you had bearded children claiming asylum, its a joke!

Are you for real.....

We need our women to be driven to have families and not career driven the way things are going.....

Please in no way take this as oh no way should they work or be in good jobs but we need Irish women having families and then we won't be as bad but as it's now so expensive to have children if you abide by the laws and work and pay your way then you are restricted terribly so this is where immigration will take over as they can have huge families and don't have to contribute a cent.....

Look the wool has been pulled over people's eyes for too long change is needed.

It's a European issue not just an Irish. Although the replacement rate in Ireland is 1.98 so we are actually one of the better countries. Europe has decided on this path and we are a member of the EU.

Ie: You have no choice

It's a European issue not just an Irish. Although the replacement rate in Ireland is 1.98 so we are actually one of the better countries. Europe has decided on this path and we are a member of the EU.

Ie: You have no choice

I honestly think it's the worst idea the EU has ever had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I honestly think it's the worst idea the EU has ever had.

Hungary is in the EU but yet it is trying to it's birth rate up by offering Hungarian women to have more children. Ireland could do with a leader like Orban.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Hungary is in the EU but yet it is trying to it's birth rate up by offering Hungarian women to have more children. Ireland could do with a leader like Orban.

Who we have as a leader now is beyond poor, then we have that yoke zapone that wants to cuddle all the children ( wait wait I mean the grown up men in Calais) so she can bring the poor things home to Ireland....

I am so peed off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

It's terrible that it's costing so much: We should let them get jobs so that they can pay their own way here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

It's terrible that it's costing so much: We should let them get jobs so that they can pay their own way here.

But we'd keep paying their hotel bills?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,073 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

But who's jobs will they take/undercut? Not TD's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Who we have as a leader now is beyond poor, then we have that yoke zapone that wants to cuddle all the children ( wait wait I mean the grown up men in Calais) so she can bring the poor things home to Ireland....

I am so peed off

And it will be you the taxpayer that will fit the bill and in return you won't feel safe when you leave the house. We're been taken for a ride.

But who's jobs will they take?

They can have mine. Il go on the social and get the house I could never afford to save up for free from the council.

Fell off my gold chair there...,.

Work, most if not all ain't coming to work....

I worked as an electrician back years ago and when we had the big influx of African people and most were housed in blanch.....

I would get a call cooker not working or shower etc etc.... There could be 5 or more men in the property with a woman and a ton of kids.... The smell I will never forget but some of these obviously I can't say all but some were single mothers and claiming to live alone..... I had to report back to LL but they in most cases were happy enough as they were getting the welfare check and paid......

Sick..... I've worked hard legally since 15 and no help ever.....

Fook me do I want my hard earned money going on this...

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Portsalon wrote: »
    But we'd keep paying their hotel bills?

Why would you ask? Set up travel for them between said hotel and workplace with the local TDs brother in law's sister's taxi driving husband. He could do with the business in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,073 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They can have mine. Il go on the social and get the house I can never afford to save up for free from the council.

If I sat on my hole 20 years ago I would now have use of a house/apartment, getting a job was an idiotic idea, fooking ultra kip of a country, supporting lifetime scrotes. And if you put a child or 2 in to the equation you get bumped up to a 4 bed. Fooking kip.

Fell off my gold chair there...,.

Work, most if not all ain't coming to work....

I worked as an electrician back years ago and when we had the big influx of African people and most were housed in blanch.....

I would get a call cooker not working or shower etc etc.... There could be 5 or more men in the property with a woman and a ton of kids.... The smell I will never forget but some of these obviously I can't say all but some were single mothers and claiming to live alone..... I had to report back to LL but they in most cases were happy enough as they were getting the welfare check and paid......

Sick..... I've worked hard legally since 15 and no help ever.....

Fook me do I want my hard earned money going on this...

We are the eejits keeping this joke running. It's obviously not just Africans at it. We have our own homegrown spongers and imported plenty from Eastern Europe too.
    The vast majority of people want to make something of their lives and will contribute but we are also funding those who couldn't be bothered.

Our budget is small ,we can't afford to be a welfare state.
    This will end in tears eventually. Pension age is constantly being moved on another year then another. The regular worker will be the loser here.

• Advertisement

If I sat on my hole 20 years ago I would now have use of a house/apartment, getting a job was an idiotic idea, fooking ultra kip of a country, supporting lifetime scrotes. And if you put a child or 2 in to the equation you get bumped up to a 4 bed. Fooking kip.

A complete dump. I wouldn't shed a tear if it all came crashing down.

Advertisement