Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chasing or trunking a wall

• 26-09-2020 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

So I live in a 17 year old house and it is fairly modern. Some issues we've had with the house are the location of plugs. We recently put in wardrobes in the spare room upstairs and I asked an electrician to put in 2 plugs on a different wall as there were none on the wall. The electrician said I could have wires or cover it with trunking. I think it's a bit of an eyesore now as there is trunking from the plug on the other wall for the two new plugs and it's not as discrete as I hoped. The walls I'm putting them on is all plasterboard. Would it be a big job now to get them to change it and bring the cables down from the attic?
    Would it be very expensive to do? (the bedroom is upstairs).
    Would love any thoughts before I get a painter in!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Do you own the house or are you renting? Also, what’s the flooring situation in the room in question? ( carpet, laminate, finished original floorboards etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Cokezero

We own the house and there is a wooden floor covered with a carpet if be happy enough to take up.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Cokezero wrote: »
    We own the house and there is a wooden floor covered with a carpet if be happy enough to take up.

I'd be running them under the floor so, especially if the joists were running the right way and you don't have to go drilling lots of holes through them...not a big deal if you did though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

what's above room. get some electricians to quote price you should have asked to do it right first time not much difference in price what are your walls made of

Advertisement