Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bitcade Cabinets

• 03-09-2020 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hey folks, about to pull the trigger and buy one of these cabinets. has anyone every bought from them before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,392 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Very expensive for what they are. You'd get a real arcade machine for cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

link?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭elsparko

https://bitcade.co.uk/products/apex-cabinet-2-player-full-size-cabinet-kit?variant=16151182475358

That is what I've settled on, but I'm purchasing from a different store, Extreme Hardware. They're going to ship the cabinet, artwork, 18 button controller kit with LED's and encoders, control panel protector, marquee LED kit, monitor and marquee acrylic panels for £510. Which to be honest, I'm happy to pay.

I, and my poor wife, have spent the last 6 years looking at a half assed, terribly home-cut, DIY cabinet i got a notion to make before i had mastered the use of a jigsaw, and now i just dont have the time or energy to fix all the problems with it and finish it off.

If you are happy with that price then go for it.
    You could probably get one in Ireland either which would cut cost on shipping, dont know any off hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭elsparko

yeah, i had been looking a while, but couldn't find anywhere that was an one stop (or almost) one stop shop, and even at that couldn't find anyone that does flat-pack cabinets. Anyway, will get the order in next week then the fun starts!

• Advertisement

I would definitely trust Arcade World in the UK as I've used them lots of times for parts and accessories.

https://www.arcadeworlduk.com/categories/arcade-flat-pack-kits.html

Best of luck with your venture , we expect pictures :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭BGOllie

I seriously hope all these companies have the licensing right to print all this artwork, logos and trademarked names ... u know being official and legitimate companies and whatnot .

Not to mention the licensing rights to distribute the games themselves. I don't know how they manage it, it must cost so much I am surprised those cabinets aren't like a few grand each or more each considering how much third party Intellectual Property is on them

Advertisement