Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New slurry tank with dribble bar prices

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Reggie. wrote: »
    Has to be for america or that

County Meath according to bookface.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Wonder what the unladen weight of that is. You'd want a CAT D8 to pull it when full.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,362 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

timple23 wrote: »
    County Meath according to bookface.

Mmmmm I wonder is that going to a big contractor there that I'm thinking of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

How do they get the rain gun past the grant approval

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Wonder what the unladen weight of that is. You'd want a CAT D8 to pull it when full.

If full she'd surely be up on 33 tonne? 6k gallons will prob be around the 27 tonne mark, tanker be 6 tonne?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Reggie. wrote: »
    Mmmmm I wonder is that going to a big contractor there that I'm thinking of

And a rain gun.!!

I'm thinking it has to be a spud grower for irrigation with a few cattle on the side for the grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

And a rain gun.!!

I'm thinking it has to be a spud grower for irrigation with a few cattle on the side for the grant.

maybe tillage and has rain gun on it for fire fighting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Grueller

Don't know what size that tank is but a contractor local enough to here has 4800 gallon redrock. I get him to do an odd long draw. Lads are €50/he for 2500 gallon tanks and he is €70 for a 4800 gallon. Serious value

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭westlander

Not dribble bar...but i'll just leave this here:
    https://www.farmersjournal.ie/mastek-launches-new-micro-range-557874

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭raypallas

westlander wrote: »

The price certainly isn't micro! 14k plus vat

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

These companies have ridiculously huge profits from these implements. Pipes, rams a macerator and frame, hard to see where the money was put, in these things

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

jntsnk wrote: »
    These companies have ridiculously huge profits from these implements. Pipes, rams a macerator and frame, hard to see where the money was put, in these things

Macerator about 3000 (not a great one) rams 500 hydraulics and electric controls 1300 pipes,shoes, brackets and frames 1800-2000 galvanized 200. Cut Fold weld and fit about a week for 2 lads 1850. Delivery and training 1000
    Not much left now. Insurance nuts and bolts, electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

dzer2 wrote: »
    Macerator about 3000 (not a great one) rams 500 hydraulics and electric controls 1300 pipes,shoes, brackets and frames 1800-2000 galvanized 200. Cut Fold weld and fit about a week for 2 lads 1850. Delivery and training 1000
    Not much left now. Insurance nuts and bolts, electricity.

That’s all retail prices. Wholesale bulk purchases and agreements relate to far lower costs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

jntsnk wrote: »
    That’s all retail prices. Wholesale bulk purchases and agreements relate to far lower costs

Apart from the macerator which is imported and you need a licence for. The rest there is much difference in and most buy from Mchughs I have seen the prices paid by both not that much in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭lefthooker

Galvanised 2250 on 800 R32 tyres
    7.5m dribble bar
    3 fill points
    Front sight tube
    Brakes, lights etc etc etc....

Abbey €35500
    Major €36000 - 37000 depending on dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭westlander

And another!
    https://www.facebook.com/258403464316155/posts/1691707417652412/?vh=e&extid=lfvMnGgQ50NMguN6

New tanker from slurryquip and front mounted db.
    Small money I’m sure 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

How much is a 1600 with a dribble bar or stitcher, dont think any bigger would cope on these hills

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

For info if you have a quote for a dribble bar/tank the price should go down around 500 e since 1 st of Sept with the vat reduction.do the r 30 tyres make a tank alot easier to pull and do they make a tank alot more unstable on hills than 28 s

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Morris Moss

Conor tank 2500g, 7m trailing shoe, sight tube, 2 fill points, wide angle PTO, 32,500 Inc vat.

Hi spec 2600g, 7.5m shoe, sight tube, 2 fill points, w a PTO, 41,500 Inc vat.

Redrock, 43,500 same spec as hi spec.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,444 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Conor tank 2500g, 7m trailing shoe, sight tube, 2 fill points, wide angle PTO, 32,500 Inc vat.

Is trailing shoe chassis mounted on redrock/hispec our of the hatch

K.G. wrote: »
    For info if you have a quote for a dribble bar/tank the price should go down around 500 e since 1 st of Sept with the vat reduction.do the r 30 tyres make a tank alot easier to pull and do they make a tank alot more unstable on hills than 28 s

More stable if anything, on very steep ground here and youd have no fear of the 2600 gallon hi-spec going over make a serious difference in wet ground conditions also the 28s will plough the place compared to 30.5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

All on the same wheels and tyres?

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Is trailing shoe chassis mounted on redrock/hispec our of the hatch

A frame was bolted onto the tank itself and then the trailing shoe is bolted onto that, no pressure on the back hatch itself.

hopeso wrote: »
    All on the same wheels and tyres?

Yeah all on 30.5 R32s

A frame was bolted onto the tank itself and then the trailing shoe is bolted onto that, no pressure on the back hatch itself.

Should be mounted on a 4 point linkage for that kind of money, bought a ex-demo galvanised 2600 hi-spec spec the same as above with no t-shoe but set up for a 4 point linkage for 19k incl vat in 17, some price rises since

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭farmertipp

are they paint or galvanized?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭visatorro

kevthegaff wrote: »
    How much is a 1600 with a dribble bar or stitcher, dont think any bigger would cope on these hills

hard to see it being much cheaper, still has to support the dribble bar etc. if your turning into paddocks off a lane and facing the right way for the hill would the size of the tank make any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

visatorro wrote: »
    hard to see it being much cheaper, still has to support the dribble bar etc. if your turning into paddocks off a lane and facing the right way for the hill would the size of the tank make any difference?
    Ya the max me or contractor can pull on most paddocks here is 1600

• Advertisement

farmertipp wrote: »
    are they paint or galvanized?

Painted, Conor was 3,200 to galvanize, don't know how much the others were

Advertisement