Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ronan Collins Show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Really poor fill-in's for Ronan this summer - Ray D'arcy show team member Neil Doherty this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Really poor fill-in's for Ronan this summer - Ray D'arcy show team member Neil Doherty this week...

This fella is absolutely dire..!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

The show is a shambles at present with Ronan off,three different poor presenters in three weeks.
    Very bad selection of music apart from the odd song.Robbie Williams,Everybody Wants To Rule The World puke,puke,puke.Radio turned off now.

Neil has mentioned "The Shires" the UK Country band already...as he always does in his shows.
    Expecting him to play ABBA (or a song from Mamma Mia 2) this week...as he always does in his shows.

Limited music knowledge...research done on the internet or when researching for the Ray D'arcy show

• Registered Users Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The show is a shambles at present with Ronan off,three different poor presenters in three weeks.
    Very bad selection of music apart from the odd song.Robbie Williams,Everybody Wants To Rule The World puke,puke,puke.Radio turned off now.

No Altonairs or Premier Aces music eh.

Terrible...that’s terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

This fella is absolutely dire..!

He used the expression There You Go supposedly a no no in live broadcasting. He also invited texters on the basis that you might like your name mentioned on the radio. Won't be tuning in again this week.

He used the expression There You Go supposedly a no no in live broadcasting. .
    why!?

I've definitely heard Creedon say this, but maybe there's something I'm missing here..?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Neil has mentioned "The Shires" the UK Country band already...as he always does in his shows.
    Expecting him to play ABBA (or a song from Mamma Mia 2) this week...as he always does in his shows.

Limited music knowledge...research done on the internet or when researching for the Ray D'arcy show

Laughing here. Neil just mentioned that a song from Mamma Mia 2 is coming up!

We’ve had Westlife & Phil Collins-departure from Ronan’s usual fare which is a ratings winner

honeybear wrote: »
    Laughing here. Neil just mentioned that a song from Mamma Mia 2 is coming up!

ha ha ..Yes I predicted correctly.
    The Shires and ABBA will make an appearance yet too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

why!?

I've definitely heard Creedon say this, but maybe there's something I'm missing here..?

I guess it's down to personal taste & you are correct Creedon does use the term also.
    I feel that expressions like this are cliched & lazy & should be substituted in the interest of word economy plus language variety.
    For the record I don't favour NEXT UP either.

Time to shift Collins in my opinion, hackneyed,dated, repetitive, dull.

Lookit, the show on the weekend, with the radio highlights is being presented, has a different presenter recently, much more entertaining, lively, interesting.

Not the same auld swampy stuff of the past.

Time to change things..... MOVE ON

Lookit, the show on the weekend, with the radio highlights is being presented, has a different presenter recently, much more entertaining, lively, interesting.

Maybe it’s a sign of me growing older, but Ronan’s Show definitely appeals to the older generation-listen to the many requests for 50 year wedding anniversary celebrations. The high ratings reflect its popularity. He’s not my cup of tea, but if it ain’t broke... on the other hand, I’m beginning to think I have a greater range of music appreciation than the current stand-in. When I heard Neil on Saturday sounds, I thought to myself that I liked his playlist. Having listened to a few of his shows they are REALLY predictable.

ABBA ... Bingo!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

ABBA ... Bingo!

:):):)

He has one day left to play The Shires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I very much agree, Collins is obsessed with whose death had an anniversary today and plays such out of date tripe. He never gets through a show without some error or other. Time to shift him.

And Playback is certainly much better since the change in presenter.

I very much agree, Collins is obsessed with whose death had an anniversary today and plays such out of date tripe. He never gets through a show without some error or other. Time to shift him.

And Playback is certainly much better since the change in presenter.

Yes, Playback, that’s the one, it’s like someone opened a window and blew a fresh wind through the whole tired kip.

The one presenting had a bit of ..what’s the word I’m looking for...bit of coquettishness about her, bit of a whiff of gun smoke , not afraid to ‘put out’.

We need more of that...not the dull jobsworths who could run a show in their sleep....and it shows....

Open the forking windows and let some fresh air in for forrrhks sake .

:cool:

Yes, Playback, that’s the one, it’s like someone opened a window and blew a fresh wind through the whole tired kip.

The one presenting had a bit of ..what’s the word I’m looking for...bit of coquettishness about her, bit of a whiff of gun smoke , not afraid to ‘put out’.

We need more of that...not the dull jobsworths who could run a show in their sleep....and it shows....

Open the forking windows and let some fresh air in for forrrhks sake .

:cool:
    I heard playback on Saturday and was impressed with the presenter-thought she had a bit of craic about her

I heard playback on Saturday and was impressed with the presenter-thought she had a bit of craic about her

Exactly....not afraid to poke a few sacred cows under the butt of the tails.

• Advertisement

ha ha ..Yes I predicted correctly.
    The Shires and ABBA will make an appearance yet too..

Doherty has just played The Shires

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭peterobrien100

Doherty has just played The Shires

lol

:):):):):):):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,558 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Great interview and music with Luka Bloom this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,558 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Chris De Burgh on next week’s show! :eek:

Toes already set in the curled position!

I noticed lately that the weather live from Met Eireann no longer features on Ronan's show at 12.50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

I noticed lately that the weather live from Met Eireann no longer features on Ronan's show at 12.50

Since early in the year it only goes out on LW and R1extra at 1255pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 John the anorak

SPDUB wrote: »
    Since early in the year it only goes out on LW and R1extra at 1255pm

Why didnt they move that weather forecast to lw 15 years ago when most people still had lw sets ? 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Why didnt they move that weather forecast to lw 15 years ago when most people still had lw sets ? ��

Because that would make sense

You know the total opposite of moving it to LW in late Jan/early Feb when LW has only publicly 4 months left on air

they only stopped the weather on Ronan Collin's show on FM a few weeks back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭horse7

Missed the name of the singer on the rte radio 1 show this morning, from Derry

Advertisement