Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NRL and all things Rugby League down under 2018.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Cameron Smith sent to the bin, what a time to be alive.

The ovation the fans gave to that was hilarious.

Amazing number of penalties in both games. Think it was 57 or something like that.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Warriors were brill - they are great to watch from a neutral’s perspective

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Danick wrote: »
    Warriors were brill - they are great to watch from a neutral’s perspective

Fantastic, absolutely fantastic. Such a good start to the season.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Where are you lads watching the games ? Did you get the Nrl pass ? And great start by warriors hopefully they keep it up

Where are you lads watching the games ? Did you get the Nrl pass ? And great start by warriors hopefully they keep it up

I didn't see it, I'm on nights, just saw the twitter highlights. Have to trawl through the streaming sites if I wanted to watch. Haven't got the NRL pass streaming thing unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Dragons won their 1st 4 games. Never happened b4. Happy days.

They have been very impressive this year .

Hopefully they'll continue similar form further into the season this year.

Early ladder looks good for them and the Warriors anyway!

Anyone see Broncos this morning - what happened? Did they underestimate the titans or did something else happen?

Danick wrote: »
    Anyone see Broncos this morning - what happened? Did they underestimate the titans or did something else happen?

Didn't see it, what a start to this season though, shock after shock. I was going to pick the Broncos if I hadn't picked the Roosters for Last Man Standing. Thought they were a shoo-in.

• Advertisement

Tigers had enough of a lead over the Eels to allow the wheels to fall off at the end.

Very impressive display from Titans' Phillip Sami.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

what a long year this is going to be. doggies absolutely clueless. hopeless .

what a long year this is going to be. doggies absolutely clueless. hopeless .

What do you put it down to Kirk?

Alot of things really the Roster is no were near good enough .Pay has alot of sorting out to do but doesnt look like he really knows where to start . Woods made no sense considering we lost Graham and Kasiano to make it happen . We need someone else to partner Foran, Marshall king is not ready . Lichaa is hopeless Morris brothers are getting on . No bite no passion something seems wrong at belmore . Mbye looks good at fullback but is a horrible kicker. We are lacking a real Superstar e.g. Cam Smith, Billy Slater Thurston ( don't get me started on letting him go) . They look lost at the moment and it's going backwards so hard for me to watch at the moment .and the next six games don't look good I would be surpised if they won more than 1 of those games. Ugh.

Roosters opened up a big lead midway through the second half. Sharks very poor finishing off moves.

Taane Milne sacked by the Tigers for another positive drug test, stupid man, in danger of wrecking his career already and he's only in his early twenties.

I'm stuck watching the Dragons v Rabbitohs game on Bein Sports 2, en français. :confused::mad:

That was some comeback from Souths at the end, thought they'd snatch the win from somewhere but the Dragons just about held on.

Made all the more tense by the excitable French commentary and stream freezing every couple of minutes :pac:

I'm stuck watching the Dragons v Rabbitohs game on Bein Sports 2, en français. :confused::mad:
    good to know they are showing games too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

The storm play the tigers in round 2 and again this weekend. That's just silly.

good to know they are showing games too

Yeah, it's the best I've managed to find so far. Because of the way they add commentary, it does mute quite a bit of the atmosphere, but beggars can't be choosers.

How many games a week do they show?

I only just noticed Sky Sports are showing Tigers vs Storm on Saturday - unfortunately it's at 6am. :pac:

How many games a week do they show?

Not sure, they showed both today's games.

Sell out in Auckland today for the double header, already a very good crowd in for the Tigers Storm game.

Tight 1st half, Storm lead 8 4 early stage of 2nd half.

Not confident about the Warriors later with full house and pressure that brings.

Oh, and this first game at least isn't on Bein Fr (that I can find anyway).

Tigers edge in front

Edit: And they've beaten Storm again! Brilliant stuff.

Of course, the one week Sky don't show the Cowboys game..

Edit:

Bein Sports 3 FR showing it.

This old NRL season is a lot more fun to watch for some reason. :)

Another great performance by the Warriors.

• Advertisement

I know the Cowboys are losing but at least the NRL is more interesting this year - great to see Storm lose 2 in a row - Warriors, Tigers and Dragons are exciting to watch - The only thing wrong with it is the fact Sky aren't showing all the games - can't understand it - they paid for the rights and its not as if it clashes with anything - it would definitely bring in more viewers. My internet isn't good enough to buy the watch nrl pass - and my internet isn't going to improve any year soon - already hoping eir sports get the contract back in 5 years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement