Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Increase Siemens SPC wireless range

• 17-07-2015 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I have the SPC4320. The panel is by the front door and I put a wireless sensor in the garden shed. The signal is just too low to reach the panel. Looking through the PC tool I can see the signal is "low" sometimes.

Just wondering is there something I can do? Do siemens sell some kind of wireless extender? Or some other kind of wireless access point I can install at the back of the house?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can add a wireless receiver with an external aerial at the panel. You can add additional receiver into the keypad or you can add a wireless gateway anywhere on a keypad (xbus) cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

How far is the shed from the main house? Is it a steel shed or block ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Siemens wireless reception is pretty bad compared to others.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I find it way better compared to when they were using Visonic
    From what I hear things are looking good with Vanderbilt possibly introducing wireless inertias.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

KoolKid wrote: »
    I find it way better compared to when they were using Visonic
    From what I hear things are looking good with Vanderbilt possibly introducing wireless inertias.

Badly badly needed if true.

• Advertisement

It's been pushed for. That's all I can say at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

KoolKid wrote: »
    You can add a wireless receiver with an external aerial at the panel. You can add additional receiver into the keypad or you can add a wireless gateway anywhere on a keypad (xbus) cable.

Thanks ,currently i have https://is.spiap.com/products/intrusion/spc/interfaces_radio/spcw110000.html . The keypad is right beside the panel at the front of the house. So i think I need something at the back of the house?

I was googling around and I found this https://is.spiap.com/products/intrusion/spc/interfaces_radio/spcw130100-1.html

Would that do the job? Run a cable to the back of the house? Does my 4320 support two xbus devices?

Sorry for the basic questions!

Evolution1 wrote: »
    How far is the shed from the main house? Is it a steel shed or block ?

Its a wooden homemade lean-to shed at the side of the house. The only valuable items really are two bikes inside. I'd just like alarmed anyway. I live next to an alley and think its an easy target.

Thanks ,currently i have https://is.spiap.com/products/intrusion/spc/interfaces_radio/spcw110000.html . The keypad is right beside the panel at the front of the house. So i think I need something at the back of the house?

I was googling around and I found this https://is.spiap.com/products/intrusion/spc/interfaces_radio/spcw130100-1.html

Would that do the job? Run a cable to the back of the house? Does my 4320 support two xbus devices?

Sorry for the basic questions!

Yes.
    That wireless expander will work on the 4320.
    You can wire anywhere into the keypad bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Its a wooden homemade lean-to shed at the side of the house. The only valuable items really are two bikes inside. I'd just like alarmed anyway. I live next to an alley and think its an easy target.

And are any other sensors experiencing poor range? Can you get a cable to the shed and wire a sensor instead of buying a repeater ? A cable would let you add other sensors / keypads ect out in the shed. You can set it up as a separate area with a keypad in the shed and have an entry exit time on the door and a PIR for confirmation of intrusion

• Advertisement

Thanks, Its a good idea. But it's not really an option now running the cable. In hindsight I should have done it before I put the floors down

Can I ask for the wireless extender if I could do it with two wires? Leaving out the tamper perhaps?Or would I need more? I might have two cores left in one room that I could use.

Tell me what configuration you have at the moment. It may be possible if you have power and a common negative already.

Thanks KoolKid,

I'll take a good look at the weekend and verify how many cores I do have.

steve

Advertisement