Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chartered tax consultant

• 26-09-2020 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,

I am currently working in audit in a big 4 company, but want to branch out into tax. Has anyone any experience with the chartered accountants CTC course? I was hoping to get some insight into what is involved in this course and whether the qualification is respected (in comparison the tax institute exams).

Any insight is much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Do you mean you want to transfer to the tax Dept or you want to look for an external tax job later? If the former, just ask. I would expect most of the big 4 tax depts have an interest in seniors at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

for real recognition the TI gig is the only game in town

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Questions221

Thanks for getting back to me. The tax dept in my audit firm is very small, they wouldn’t have the demand in their tax dept to allow my transfer unfortunately.

I was thinking more post big 4, I am unfamiliar with anyone who has done the CTC course and the info online is minimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Questions221

Marcusm wrote: »
    Do you mean you want to transfer to the tax Dept or you want to look for an external tax job later? If the former, just ask. I would expect most of the big 4 tax depts have an interest in seniors at the moment.

Thanks for getting back to me. The tax dept in my audit firm is very small, they wouldn’t have the demand in their tax dept to allow my transfer unfortunately.

I was thinking more post big 4, I am unfamiliar with anyone who has done the CTC course and the info online is minimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

I looked at it but I couldn't get much information on it at the time.

One thing I will say though, the CTA course comes with taxfind included which is brilliant for tax cases and I don't think CAI have a similar resource so if you did go with CAI you might need to pay extra for a database as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement