Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

Hope your blind date goes better than mine did. I’m married to her for 12 years now. ��

Did you see the husband on Gogglebox the last night, turns to the wife "I was promised a cow and a bit of land when we married, I never got the land" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

A vegan lady went on a blind date. She asked him what he did for a living. He said I’m a butcher. She says "yikes! that's gross". He says "No, a grocer sells vegetables"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭straight

whelan2 wrote: »
    Old spice or brut?

Tis the smell of money that works best I'm told.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭tanko

Base price wrote: »
    @ Nekarsulm, Brian & Tanko - Happy Cavan day :D

It was quite an enjoyable game, was a perfect evening for a match at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭straight

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThisIsCavan/status/1309143023176093701

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,133 ✭✭✭✭Base price

straight wrote: »
    I bought many a bottle with my pocket money.
    Seeing the ad reminds me to buy Seamus O'Rourke's new book "Standing in Gaps". I saw it for sale in a local shop yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

tanko wrote: »
    It was quite an enjoyable game, was a perfect evening for a match at this time of year.

Ref made a phuck of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Sher every day is Cavan day (in Cavan)

Gas to see the county final on de telly. It was actually a great game. I came home and herself had it on. My dad would have loved to see the final on the telly.

straight wrote: »

Seamus is great crack. Have seen him live a few times. Had tickets to see him but Covid has other ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Our county final is on today. Our club is in it for the third year in a row, hopefully they win it this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,057 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Our county final is on today. Our club is in it for the third year in a row, hopefully they win it this year

local club in the final here too

Only 40 supporters from each club allowed to go

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Mossie1975

Well how did it go ?

You may need to buy a hat :)

Date went brilliantly. Must have been the “fancy soap” :D Will be picking the Romeos and Juliets on this thread for dating advice. I have a tendency to wear my heart on my sleeve and don’t want to send her running for the hills as she’s very shy. Have to say that the milking went by fair fast this morning.

Mossie1975 wrote: »
    You may need to buy a hat :)

Date went brilliantly. Must have been the “fancy soap” :D Will be picking the Romeos and Juliets on this thread for dating advice. I have a tendency to wear my heart on my sleeve and don’t want to send her running for the hills as she’s very shy. Have to say that the milking went by fair fast this morning.

Good on ya.
    Everyone deserves a bit of crack and company in their lives.

Hopefully that's the end of making bales for this year

We won

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

I've saw a few ford transit pick-ups with demountable cattle bodies lately and have being toying with the idea of buying something similar. I was thinking about buying a 2011 transit pickup mid wheel base and refitting a 12x6'6 Ivor Williams body to it. If I was to buy a complete second hand trailer I could take the body off it and still have a useable flat trailer which is also on the wish list.

Currently I'm using a jeep and trailer but it's an awkward parcel in tight yard's. I'd buy a decent pick-up for what a new trailer would cost and it would probably be easier ran and to drive. I do a fair bit of haulage for neighbor's to the local marts and different bits and pieces so I think I'd have enough work every week to justify it. My own jeep would still be handy for tipping about and going away with herself.

The way I look at it is that a new trailer will be roughly €7000 and any half decent jeep will be €10,000+. I'd be hoping to have the transit on the road for circa €10,000 and maybe have a flat trailer out of the deal as well. My own jeep would be getting less hardship and would hopefully do another few year's. I'd welcome anyone's opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,057 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

I've saw a few ford transit pick-ups with demountable cattle bodies lately and have being toying with the idea of buying something similar. I was thinking about buying a 2011 transit pickup mid wheel base and refitting a 12x6'6 Ivor Williams body to it. If I was to buy a complete second hand trailer I could take the body off it and still have a useable flat trailer which is also on the wish list.

Currently I'm using a jeep and trailer but it's an awkward parcel in tight yard's. I'd buy a decent pick-up for what a new trailer would cost and it would probably be easier ran and to drive. I do a fair bit of haulage for neighbor's to the local marts and different bits and pieces so I think I'd have enough work every week to justify it. My own jeep would still be handy for tipping about and going away with herself.

The way I look at it is that a new trailer will be roughly €7000 and any half decent jeep will be €10,000+. I'd be hoping to have the transit on the road for circa €10,000 and maybe have a flat trailer out of the deal as well. My own jeep would be getting less hardship and would hopefully do another few year's. I'd welcome anyone's opinions?

You'd wonder is the transit chassis fit for that weight, I see guy's driving small cattle trucks 14 and 16 ft body and claiming they're under the 7.5 ton weight for the car license. Might be safer too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

We won
    Great stuff, the experience of losing the last ones stood to them in the end:)

My young lady and niece won the U14 camogie championship today, they beat the team that beat them to the U12 championship 2 years ago.

It was funny after the medals were given out, a lot of both teams would be in the underage development squads and know each other well and both teams were mixing merrily after the match. Great to see, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭trixi2011

Show on rte at the moment what planet are you on is very vegan like and really putting a downer on eating meat and dairy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Hi up, this is one of the threads on boards I'd always keep an eye on from afar. Theres a great community feel to the place so fair play to ye.

Anyway, thought you'd like to see this if it hasn't been linked here already.

https://twitter.com/BBCSPORTNI/status/1310180760469598208?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

trixi2011 wrote: »
    Show on rte at the moment what planet are you on is very vegan like and really putting a downer on eating meat and dairy

Same "vegan agenda" as last week, so.
    RTE really are the pits with lazy, tabloid, schlock-horror shows like this.
    One of the reasons I haven't bought a licence for nearly 20 years..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Don't shout that too loudly nek. They know where you work and county

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭cjpm

He’s grand. He doesn’t own a telly so they can shove their licence up their holes the cúnts ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Water John

For any parent with a youngster with food issues, this programme would really piss you off.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

wrangler wrote: »
    You'd wonder is the transit chassis fit for that weight, I see guy's driving small cattle trucks 14 and 16 ft body and claiming they're under the 7.5 ton weight for the car license. Might be safer too

I'd have to look up what the rated payload is tbh. Would an Ivor Williams body weigh 500kg and you'd probably put 2.5-3 tonne of beef into it. I've seen similar done with mitsubishi Canter's and isuzu grafters but they'd be dearer than an equivalent transit. You'd probably buy a 7.5 tonne lorry cheaper but I haven't a licence for it atm. It's just a thought currently and I could easily find something else to spend my hard earned cash on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

ruwithme wrote: »
    Don't shout that too loudly nek. They know where you work and county

Know exactly where I live, they send reminders every 18 months or so....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

trixi2011 wrote: »

I tend not to watch any of that stuff anymore, bad for the blood pressure. Inspector Morse was on so was watching that instead. RTE can stuff their vegenda programmes where the sun don't shine.

Edit. I confess i probably murdered countless frogs and little mammals and polluted the atmosphere and myself from the emmissions from the old 3350. But it's good for the enviroment as it for the oul plant based diet so it's all good. You cattle people are evil bastards murdering all them poor grass plants..

Second edit: Being sarcastic.

Watching that program and expecting anything other than a vegan agenda being pushed is silly.

It’s set up to appease a section of society that have no relationship to food, farming or health. They buy foods just to talk about what they are buying and where they are getting it from.

Doesn’t matter if it’s hyper processed, produced from ingredients with no sustainability and not supporting a local industry. They think it’s cool, their weird friends think it’s cool and they all probably think farms should all be shut down amd populated with bears, beavers and wolves.

Have never paid the licence fee in my life and when I’m pension age I’ll post the free one back to them. About 10% of the programming is public interest broadcasting and the rest is just rubbish.

• Advertisement

NcdJd wrote: »
    I tend not to watch any of that stuff anymore, bad for the blood pressure. Inspector Morse was on so was watching that instead. RTE can stuff their vegenda programmes where the sun don't shine.

I think man city were being bet at the same time as that programme was on. Much better viewing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement