Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Masters 21st-27th September on Eurosport

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,873 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Yeah, i think that was maybe before he turned pro and he's had a fairly long battle with depression too and seems to have come out the other side now. From talking of retiring earlier this year, he's made last 16 of world champs and now in last 8 here. Win this and he'd be back on cusp of top 16. Rooting for him anyway.

Yeah spot on. His mother died when he was in his early 20's according to the internet. In any case, I'll be rooting for him. I always question his choice of tiny glasses. Surely most players use contact lenses these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Yeah spot on. His mother died when he was in his early 20's according to the internet. In any case, I'll be rooting for him. I always question his choice of tiny glasses. Surely most players use contact lenses these days.

Cant think of very many players who wear glasses, Ashley Carty another i think. Recall Gould being asked about it years ago and replying along the lines he didnt know, it was just how he always played. He would actually look over the lens when he was down on the shot. Whatever works, i guess! Think i read somewhere he may be using specially made lenses now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I thought Gould had switched to the Dennis Taylor type glasses recently...?

zuutroy wrote: »
    I thought Gould had switched to the Dennis Taylor type glasses recently...?

I heard that too but when i saw him later ha had the old glasses back. Maybe what i saw was old footage

Judd making short work of kyren here. Still conceded 2 frames all week and virtually in sf. Dunno what record is for fewest frames conceded in a 128 tournament, but he'll smash whatever it is if he keeps this up!

• Advertisement

As per longstanding custom, may well have put the hex on judd here. Decent chance for Wilson to make this 3-4.

Edit: and the kyren almost instantly lets judd back in!!

Excellent from Martin Gould. That was a really good match. Great win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

It's alright Mark Davis has his cue back. Alls well that ends well:D
    Mark Davis has been given back his cue, which went missing from a hotel car park in Milton Keynes on Friday.

Davis was contacted by a member of the public by email late on Friday and the cue, which he has used for 20 years, has now been returned to him.

The Sussex pro wrote on Facebook: “Just to let you know, I have got the cue back now. Just want to say thank you to everyone who shared the message about it and helped to get it returned. Thanks again.”

More good stuff from Martin Gould tonight. Giving Trump a fair bit to think about here.

Selby hit one of the worst shots I've over seen in the 7th frame! Think the cue hit the white at about a 30 degree angle.

• Advertisement

Brilliant from Gould, been so solid all day today. Delighted for him. Judd was missing a few but Gould was putting him under pressure, first to do so all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Good for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Selby unbackable favourite at 2/7 while you can get Gould at 9/4. Gould is evens to reach 7 frames. Selby is a safe bet for this final i feel. Selby 9-5.

Selby has won his last nine finals. Remarkable record.

Selby totally dominant so far. Would have been a better final with Judd in it. This could get away from Gould very quickly.

Some player is Selby. Came within a whisker of reaching and no doubt going on to win his fourth World Championship. Looking like winning his 10th final on the spin here. Without a doubt one of the greats.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Good to see Gould get off the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Rothko wrote:
    Good to see Gould get off the mark.

Another in the bag for gould.

4-2

Selby looking all the world to go 5-0 in front, loses the fifth frame on the black and gave his opponent some belief. Gould played well the last two frames to get within one frame. 4-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Great comeback by Gould. He's right back in it now.

• Advertisement

What a turnaround. Didn't see that coming at 4-0. Gould was fantastic the last three frames. Fair play to him. Game on tonight.

Never saw Gould play this well. He has dominated Selby since winning his first frame when 4-0 behind. He has won 6 of the last 7 frames which is not easy against any pro never mind Mark Selby. Wonder what odds he was at when 0-4?

Very un-Selby like there. The balls all in the open and even a 147 on the cards but played an awful positional shot that forced him to take on a long blue which he missed. Good chance for Gould now. Big mistake from Selby.

I watched the first few frames and presumed it was going to be a short final. Had some stuff to do and didn't check the score. What a surprise to see gould 6-5 up!

C'mon Gouldy!

Gould cannot tale advantage though and misses a tricky red with the rest. Selby makes no mistake this time to edge 7-6 in front.

I watched the first few frames and presumed it was going to be a short final. Had some stuff to do and didn't check the score. What a surprise to see gould 6-5 up!

C'mon Gouldy!

I think a lot of people would have felt the same. Decent final all the same.

Eurosport gone off?

zuutroy wrote: »
    Eurosport gone off?

I'm on the app and it's back for me without commentary.

Same on TV now.

• Advertisement

Commentary fine here.

Advertisement