Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to repair damaged exterior plinth of house?

• 26-09-2020 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

What is the best solution to repair or make good a damaged exterior plinth of a house?

A drain pipe burst which required the path to be dug up - this caused a big crack in the concrete plinth of the house - the finish of which was poor; the concrete is already starting to crack away and will fall out once a cold snap hits.

I’m looking for a permanent solution to this, could rebuild the entire plinth or build something over the cracked part? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭muddle84

Staff20 wrote: »
    What is the best solution to repair or make good a damaged exterior plinth of a house?

A drain pipe burst which required the path to be dug up - this caused a big crack in the concrete plinth of the house - the finish of which was poor; the concrete is already starting to crack away and will fall out once a cold snap hits.

I’m looking for a permanent solution to this, could rebuild the entire plinth or build something over the cracked part? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Do you have any pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Staff20

muddle84 wrote: »
    Do you have any pictures?

Boards won’t let me post the link but here it is broken down - had to use image shack to get the photo:

https://imageshack.com/i/pmV3viK2j

Appreciate any help.

Advertisement