Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Requirements for travelling to Cyprus

Options
  • 24-09-2020 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

We have flights booked to Cyprus next month. I don’t think we’re going to go but just in case we do I’m looking into the requirements for entering Cyprus (which is on the green list). You need to have a COVID test done and documentation available for inspection before you enter the country.

I presume it will have to be done privately which costs about €180 per person which will add €720 to the cost of our holiday which I really can’t afford.

Has anyone managed to get it done cheaper?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

Are you sure you need to get a test in advance? Looking at the Cyprus Flight Pass site, Ireland is in category B (see here). If you fill out the Quick Check, it seems to imply that you just need to either get a test or agree to having a test upon arrival (unless I'm reading it wrong)
    You can get a CyprusFlightPass
    Based on the information provided you are able to fly to Cyprus, subject to meeting the below prerequisites and conditions:

Prerequisites:
    1. Submit your passenger information
    2. Accept the solemn declarations
    3. In order to fly you need to either:
      • have a valid COVID-19 test or
      • agree to have your test completed on arrival
      A valid certificate is a negative RT-PCR certificate from a certified laboratory. The test for COVID-19 have to be conducted during the last 72 hours before departure from your country of origin.

Submitting the above will generate your CyprusFlightPass that you will need to show prior to boarding your flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

Further to the above....I looked into this a bit more and the test on arrival is only available to people that meet certain conditions (below)
    Cypriot citizens and their family members (foreign spouses, their minor children and their parents).
    Persons legally residing in the Republic of Cyprus.
    Persons allowed to enter in the Republic of Cyprus under the Vienna Convention.
    Persons, in countries category B, where the authorities of these countries, are not in a position to offer COVID-19 testing to those wishing to travel to the Republic of Cyprus and following an announcement by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Cyprus, passengers of these Countries are permitted to perform the COVID-19 test upon their entry to the Republic of Cyprus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

https://reopen.europa.eu/en/map/POL

This is a really good website

Advertisement