Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about a few days in London

• 15-09-2020 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Myself and the missus are going up the walls, and neither of us are fans of holidaying in Ireland. We're thinking of chancing 3-4 days in London, but don't know if it's such a good idea :rolleyes: Has anyone been in London or the UK recently and if so what was the experience like? I don't think we have to restrict our movements while we are over there, and even when we return that won't be an issue because we both work from home. Any advice/comments? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭McSween

Hi,

Myself and the missus are going up the walls, and neither of us are fans of holidaying in Ireland. We're thinking of chancing 3-4 days in London, but don't know if it's such a good idea :rolleyes: Has anyone been in London or the UK recently and if so what was the experience like? I don't think we have to restrict our movements while we are over there, and even when we return that won't be an issue because we both work from home. Any advice/comments? Thanks.

Nothing to offer here only I’d murder a trip to there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

In ordinary circumstances i would highly recommend it, its a brilliant city for a few days, if expensive. Now, not sure what the situation is really, whats open over there and how enjoyable it really would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

In ordinary circumstances i would highly recommend it, its a brilliant city for a few days, if expensive. Now, not sure what the situation is really, whats open over there and how enjoyable it really would be.

At this stage I think we'd take it as just a change of scenery, even walk the length and breadth of London, and avoid public transport as much as possible. But it would not be like a regular enjoyable trip to London, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭JojoLoca

You won't have to restrict your movements while in UK and you don't need to complete locator form. Under different circumstances London would be a nice break, but I'm not sure if I would go to UK now. How about other European countries? There are quite few of them being added to the green list now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

JojoLoca wrote: »
    You won't have to restrict your movements while in UK and you don't need to complete locator form. Under different circumstances London would be a nice break, but I'm not sure if I would go to UK now. How about other European countries? There are quite few of them being added to the green list now.

I had flights to Budapest booked for next week. That all when south so i changed flights to UK. Its impossible to plan ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭JojoLoca

I had flights to Budapest booked for next week. That all when south so i changed flights to UK. Its impossible to plan ahead.

True. If you can't work from home while self-isolating, then the only option are last minute bookings to green list countries.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

London is a great city for walking around, obviously once you stay clear of the dodgier neighbourhoods. I have often spent many hours wandering the streets of London soaking in the sights, worth it for that alone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Noting is shut and pubs/restaurants are open normal hours. Wear mask in stores and use your phone to scan QR codes for track and trace. If you'd like to visit places you'll most likely have to book a time-slot in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭donnaille

I live here and as other posters mention, there is lots open - just don't forget a facemask.

I haven't been on the tube since March, so can't comment on that.

The only thing I'd keep an eye on is a potential London lockdown, I did see some reports on the media on it over the past few days, but it sounds more like limited services, earlier closing times etc. rather than a full lockdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Stay safe. Stay home.

• Advertisement
Advertisement