Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is classicarcademachine a legit site?

Options
  • 02-09-2020 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All,

Anyone ordered from classicarcademachine
    I was thinking or ordering the full-upright-arcade-machine-flat-pack kit for €499

In maybe star wars or tron art.

Is the site legit?

Are they hard to build?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,420 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Damian99 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Anyone ordered from classicarcademachine(dot)com

I was thinking or ordering the full-upright-arcade-machine-flat-pack kit for €499

Is the site legit?

Are they hard to build?

Thanks!

Apparently they like to spam and shill forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Damian99

Legit I'm asking, I'm from Limerick. I searched boards for the url but didn't get any hits. Have they put posts on boards or something pushing ads?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,420 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Legit I'm asking, I'm from Limerick. I searched boards for the url but didn't get any hits. Have they put posts on boards or something pushing ads?

Your first post on a forum linking a website and putting (dot) in it to circumvent a spam filter sets off alarm bells.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No, they've no business arrangement with Boards to allow them to sell their products using the site.
    Buyer beware, always.

Yeah, but I wasn't for or against the site. If I was a shill surely I would be like oh I got this best arcade ever go check it out but I'm not I'm simply asking is the site legit and are they hard to build?

Surly a site wouldn't want someone to post a question like is it a legit site, think about it. That would probably put people off, no?

I just don't want to sink 499 + 70 or 80 on shipping to find out my money went to some Romanian conman. Two posts now and still no answer to the 2 questions I asked lol.

Just out of curiosity, do you have the answers to my questions or just wasting my time and yours?

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    No, they've no business arrangement with Boards to allow them to sell their products using the site.
    Buyer beware, always.

Fair enough, when you order from the net I suppose its always buyer beware.

I didn't think they had an arrangement with boards I was more looking for someone to say yeah I ordered from them and it did or didn't come and was it good or bad. Just some feedback from other Irish users really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭con747

Hi All,

Anyone ordered from classicarcademachine

Is the site legit?

Are they hard to build?

Thanks!

Looks like the UK site is just using drop shipping from fainarcade.com in Romania.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

They have some neck calling themselves classic arcades when they just dont even sell any classic arcades.
    There upright prices are more expensive than a an actual classic (or candy cab)!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭geotrig

just buy and arcade 1 up from smyths it'd be easier and better i'd say ..

I'm tempted to buy the tmnt, but I don't fancy drilling the main console. Does anyone have a site recommendation for a flat pack arcade site they have used?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

You'd be better off sourcing a shell cab and filling it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

I'm tempted to buy the tmnt, but I don't fancy drilling the main console. Does anyone have a site recommendation for a flat pack arcade site they have used?

Rich's Bartop Arcades seem to be well reviewed on ebay. They do full height cabs too, not just bartops.
    Haven't used them myself.

You'd have to install the controls, monitor, artwork etc. yourself though so not sure if it suits.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/richsbartoparcades

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭dav09

You'd be better off sourcing a shell cab and filling it

100% Agree. Plus that sites prices are way off (expensive), also I'm pretty sure I seen the same cabs being advertised on Ebay a while back with the location as Romania so buy at your own risk.

I've used Arcadeworlduk.com a couple of time and recomend them too, never had any issues with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

considering this stuff is super illegal ( un-licenced artwork being printed and distributed without the original company agreement + the mame/pandora/insert-any-other-illegal-rom-based-emulation setup) I'm sure you'll understand no one here can realistically recommend any such site/business

Advertisement