Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consultant to Calculate Carbon Footprint

• 17-06-2020 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi, I'm in a small outfit of 2 people in the events sector and we are looking to get a carbon footprint/greenhouse gas assessment by a consultant (and not an online calculator).

I can only find one consultant in Ireland by doing a google search, and its an environmental engineering firm which is fine but I have yet to get their cost.

I'm surprised I cant easily find more, would anyone know of any other organisation(s) who would provide this service?

We have a small grant towards this and would like to get it professionally done so that its verified by a 3rd party.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Your nearest energy agency might be able to assist- as you are probably aware, we have any number of BER assessors- there seems to be a lack of people who can do the "hard sums" version of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭ted1

you could calculate it yourself fairly easy

do you have an office?
    Your heating and electricity element should be easily calculated by looking at your bill.
    are you using company vehicles? once again you carbon emissions can be calculated from the mileage & fuel
    do you know how much paper you use a year.

how much water do you use. you could use the national average here.

Advertisement