Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scam Texts?

Options
  • 06-05-2020 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi, (not sure if I'm in the right area. Please move if not)

I received texts today from some company called Trim XS claiming I signed up to receive some access to a personal trainer? And its costing me €20 via 8 text messages? (2.60 per txt)

I did nothing of the sort. What do I do about this? Obviously I'm not going to click on any of the links. Can they take money from my phone account?

I'm with Three.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 OnYerPike

CaoinDory wrote: »
    Hi, (not sure if I'm in the right area. Please move if not)

I received texts today from some company called Trim XS claiming I signed up to receive some access to a personal trainer? And its costing me €20 via 8 text messages? (2.60 per txt)

I did nothing of the sort. What do I do about this? Obviously I'm not going to click on any of the links. Can they take money from my phone account?

I'm with Three.

Happened me last year but I got refunded. PM me your email address and I'll forward you the correspondence involved in getting the money refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I would contact your phone provider before you receive a bill ask for the fraud department. There is no opt out option by text and the links could be dangerous so don't click them. Make it clear to your phone provider you believe this is a scam and if they bill you they are laundering money for criminals and you will charge it back even if you have to charge back the full bill and pay the difference. Ask them how long it will take for them to investigate. Push them for a date and if it before your next bill is due cancel the direct debit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pj73

Have also been receiving these texts thy come in batches when I test stop get a message unable to send will be speaking to THREE in the morning

Advertisement