Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus and social protection

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭eildar

Can someone tell me where to send the form online. It's just telling me to download and post it.

• eildar wrote: »
    Can someone tell me where to send the form online. It's just telling me to download and post it.

My welfare is where you usually apply online for out of work payments. They don't mention Corona on the site yet though which is typical.

Google it. I cant post link, as I'm new user

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I get one parent and wfp. I've been let go today,do I need to fill out this covid form too??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Yes but and I think this is relevant, post offices have large crowds of people, would that not be a place where people would catch the Corona Virus from someone and pass it onto a half dozen people in the same room?

In large groups together yes absolutely so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Lashes28 wrote: »
    I get one parent and wfp. I've been let go today,do I need to fill out this covid form too??

Yes you do and ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

redunited wrote: »
    I think a better way would have been for effected businesses to make a claim to the state directly for their employees. This way some companies could top up the wages of their staff if possible, alternative the person remains employed with the emplyer paying them the social payment.

A lot less hassle and fuss.

It also keeps a lot of business going, nobody knows how long this will last and a lot of people may never return to their employer as they will be forced to find work elsewhere.

This was announced yesterday

https://twitter.com/welfare_ie/status/1239469619901075456?s=21

https://twitter.com/welfare_ie/status/1239469621335465985?s=21

My only advice is for people to have a little understanding while all of this is being worked out. AFAIK DEASP have drafted in help from other departments but with so many moving parts, it’s inevitable that some mistakes will be made. Everybody will be doing their best to keep this thing on the road.

Keep an eye on www.gov.ie and the welfare twitter account as procedures could change at any time

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm on x and o's and finished work today till this all blows over

What way am I fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Lashes28 wrote: »

No. Your OPF will go up to max for you. Unfortunately you won’t get JSB too. Ring your local office or better still go up and put a note in the door.

Yes you do and ASAP.

This person can’t get JSB too.

PTH2009 wrote: »

What way am I fixed

Fill up the emergency form and the UP1 if you have dependents.

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote: »
    Fill up the emergency form and the UP1 if you have dependents.

any links to where i can fill out form ??

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭pelluci

What way am I fixed

If you're on X and o's and can get your employer to still sign your dockets, just send them in with 6 X's on them. You're already on jobseekers, so there's no need to apply for the emergency payment. If you can't get your employer to sign them, ring Intreo and ask about self certifying, or switching back to fully unemployed.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marguerite2000

Hi can someone advise me ,i got laid of today as well im on dissibility allowance and worked part time and my payment was reduced ,how do i go about getting my full payment reinstated iv tried ring DA but phone not even ringing it just cuts out ,im waiting on a letter from my employer can i just email them when i recieve it .thanks ,
    The covid
    -19 Jobseekers one, i dont think aplies to me .

Hi can someone advise me ,i got laid of today as well im on dissibility allowance and worked part time and my payment was reduced ,how do i go about getting my full payment reinstated iv tried ring DA but phone not even ringing it just cuts out ,im waiting on a letter from my employer can i just email them when i recieve it .thanks ,
    The covid
    -19 Jobseekers one, i dont think aplies to me .

Write a letter to your local office telling them what’s happened. Don’t forget to put your PPSN in it. Go up to the office and put it in the letterbox. Don’t go in. They’ll sort it out for you.

any links to where i can fill out form ??

Fill in the form at the bottom of this page:
    https://www.gov.ie/en/...payments-for-employ/

Also fill in this longer form:
    https://www.gov.ie/en/...nefit-self-employed/

Best of luck!

splinter65 wrote: »
    Fill in the form at the bottom of this page:
    https://www.gov.ie/en/...payments-for-employ/

Also fill in this longer form:
    https://www.gov.ie/en/...nefit-self-employed/

Best of luck!

Pages down

Getting error message

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

How does this all work with part time workers?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,792 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

just a quick query. working away as normal in our line of work, but could change quickly, as it would not be considered necessary work if it came to it. I can pay any lads not working the €200 odd euro , rather than them having to apply. If it does happen, is there a form I will have to fill out in advance, or try claim back afterwards (sounds messier).

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭angela1711

Hi, was just wondering can you claim this new temporary jobseekers benefit even if your place of employment is still open ? I had a quick look at t form and you don’t even need an employers stamp or signature. I hate the thought of going into work and having to deal with a dozen of people, co-workers and customers. Plus I had recently returned from abroad and ifs to early to say whether I did get the disease myself or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

You mean can you lie and fraudulently claim a state payment during an epidemic when staff are already up the walls?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Is this a means tested payment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

From what I've seen is they want employers to pay staff if at all possible and the guberment will pay this back.....
    €203 payment.

Pages down

Getting error message

Ring your citizens info centre in the morning. They’re closed to the public but they’ll post them out to you. Our centre has left piles of them on a table in the lobby.

You mean can you lie and fraudulently claim a state payment during an epidemic when staff are already up the walls?

I don’t work in a shop or anything. I don’t even know why the place is still open. We did close today but as far as I am aware they are going to reopen on Wednesday. Plus they kind of brake the social distancing rules as you have to deal with customers face to face and there is often more then 50 people in the building. Plus how do I know if am not sick myself, the symptoms don’t show up straight away. What if i am and can pass it on to a large number of people. It’s just pure stupidity that they haven’t closed the place down already.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,815 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

angela1711 wrote:
    Hi, was just wondering can you claim this new temporary jobseekers benefit even if your place of employment is still open ? I had a quick look at t form and you don’t even need an employers stamp or signature. I hate the thought of going into work and having to deal with a dozen of people, co-workers and customers. Plus I had recently returned from abroad and ifs to early to say whether I did get the disease myself or not.

Things are going to get a lot worse. I'd suggest putting up with work for now and holding off getting this limited benefit. Keep it for when you really need it

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Things are going to get a lot worse. I'd suggest putting up with work for now and holding off getting this limited benefit. Keep it for when you really need it

From what I understand you initially get if for 6 weeks with the simple form and then you have to fill in the proper form. So if your work was to be closed for longer then 6 weeks you just have to fill in the proper jobseekers application and will continue to receive the payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

form attached because the website is crashing

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭plhealy2000

Can someone who is receiving a contributory pension and is now out of work claim the emergency payment.
    Obviously, they can't apply for Jobseekers afterwards but not clear from the guidance whether they can get the emergency payment for up to 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Can someone who is receiving a contributory pension and is now out of work claim the emergency payment.
    Obviously, they can't apply for Jobseekers afterwards but not clear from the guidance whether they can get the emergency payment for up to 6 weeks.

There’s a general SW law that only allows one payment (except for certain carers payments) but honestly, no one here can definitely tell you about this new payment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LiamKK

Does anyone know if turas nua appointments have been affected. I tried to call the office today and no answer. I'm asking because i have to travel by bus.

Advertisement