Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Applying for JobSeekers - first time

• 30-04-2021 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I am currently filling in the application for for Jobseekers - I have never claimed any state benefits before and have been working for over 25 years. I am in this job since April 2007.

My employer is putting me on EWSS of €350.00 per week and my query is on the form it asks if you are still in employment what are your gross weekly earnings. Do I put down what I would normally have earned when I was working full time (5 days a week) or do I put down €350.00 as that will be what I will be earning for the next few weeks/months.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Put down the €350. I can't see you being entitled to much if any jobseekers though

• Registered Users Posts: 26,919 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Put down the €350. I can't see you being entitled to much if any jobseekers though

Agreed, whilst technically salary seems reduced which is questionable on its own, there is the reduced hours payment, approx €40 per day but its not clear in OP if hours being actually reduced and I'd have to question SW paying anything if OP Getting €350 albeit a reduction in salary, also if its reduced hours payment this will require employer to confirm this weekly, tricky one to be honest.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement