Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scuffle With Gardai

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

and your point is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I see someone fighting a gardi at the start and coming off the worst for it. I also see one protested restraining anotehr from attacking a gardi only because there was a camera on him. Fair play to the gardi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Jaysus, that was some ditch, bet the guard wasnt expecting that! Wheres the guy he threw down there?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Changed the title there.

My point is that Garda's face showed a few signs when he noticed the cameras on him :D

As did the protestor that obviously wanted to attack the gardi only to stop resisting his mates attempts to restrain him when he saw a camera. Which conviently wasn't focusing in on that. I'd say the gardi's face changed when he noticed that yer man seemed to disapear into that ditch, mine would also.

• Advertisement

Watching it over and over. It does'nt seem to be an attack on the gardai..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

he deserved it, he was pulled out of the way of the truck, but then defied the garda again by trying to block it again.

most of the protesters i saw in this video look like the idiots who protested the love ulster marches by robbing footlocker for it's display shoes. :rolleyes:

he has that look on his face because someone said his badge number as well 129

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

To be honest a good proportion of the Shell protesters couldn't give a sh*t about what's happening o'er there, they're just there to cause a bit of trouble.

I had to laugh when one of their spokesmen said a few months ago that Shell should pay for all the damage caused by the protesters and cover the cost of the Garda presence.

Watching it over and over. It does'nt seem to be an attack on the gardai..

Towards the end, one pretestor is quiet clearly restraining another. Then they see the camera and walk off. The start of the fight where yer man ends up in the ditch, isn't on camera, so who knows how it started.

To be honest a good proportion of the Shell protesters couldn't give a sh*t about what's happening o'er there, they're just there to cause a bit of trouble.
    What makes you think that?
    most of the protesters i saw in this video look like the idiots who protested the love ulster marches by robbing footlocker for it's display shoes.
    LOL :( Tree Huggers dont support Celtic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Good man that guard.

Because any violent protest will attract hangers on. Attacking Gardi like (Peacefull protestor would have gone limp, and at no stage dragged out of a gardi) only damages a cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 modalcommand

Some great work by the Gardai there enforcing the law which these Shell protestors seem to ignore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=AWE4IHcvsik

Much better video of the Gardaí. I laughed out loud so hard.

I like this one
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=YbWgM9NvTik&mode=related&search=

You don't lay you hand on anyone with out reason, least of a gardi.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It's this sort of **** which has made me want to stop going out drinking!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Thats disgraceful! Disgraceful that the Olympic Council of Ireland haven't headhunted that guy for the Hammer-throw competition that is.

cheesedude wrote:
    It's this sort of **** which has made me want to stop going out drinking!!!!!!

I stoped going out in temple bar a long long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,286 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Boston wrote:
    I like this one
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=YbWgM9NvTik&mode=related&search=

You don't lay you hand on anyone with out reason, least of a gardi.

In fairness that Guard looked more interested in lumping the head off people than doing his job and breaking up the fight. Both as bad as each other. Love the commentary though. "You won't hit a Guard again for the craic" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Collie D wrote:
    In fairness that Guard looked more interested in lumping the head off people than doing his job and breaking up the fight. Both as bad as each other. Love the commentary though. "You won't hit a Guard again for the craic" :D
    In fairness to the guard he's trying to break up many drunken fights at the same time on his own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Yes, a video of the Gardai upholding the law. Im sure the previous few minutes of the video; the guy repetidly ignoring the gardai and trying to block the road, got lost in the editing room....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

"michael he hit the guard, he hit the guard inthe head and ran off. hes a ****ing scumbag and i hope he dies"

That was brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

"Cool Vids & Pics & Links" :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

tuxy wrote:
    "Cool Vids & Pics & Links" :rolleyes:

Tsk. Sure don't you know that AH is the most viewed forum. Regardless of content all things must be posted here. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Collie D wrote:
    "You won't hit a Guard again for the craic" :D

Pity someone didn't clatter him.

Collie D wrote:

He was on his own surrounded by very drunken people trying to stop multiple assaults. I be swinging the baton as well. Thats his job at times, to apply force.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,286 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Boston wrote:
    He was on his own surrounded by very drunken people trying to stop multiple assaults. I be swinging the baton as well. Thats his job at times, to apply force.

Maybe..but there's at least one person he hits that didn't seem to be doing anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

You say didn't seem. Unless you were there yourself how can you say what he was doing.

Collie D wrote:
    Maybe..but there's at least one person he hits that didn't seem to be doing anything.

And? Put you in that situation and see how you react. I've been where that gardi was, and trust me, you lash out at anything that comes near. He was amazing restrained and probably saved afew people from serious assualt, he didn't deserve a smack in the head for his trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

Just on the shell video if you look closely your man clearly takes a swing at the gaurd before the gaurd throws him into the ditch.

Completely justified

Advertisement