Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UCD/DC ACCEPTANCE RATES

• 02-06-2020 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have received my QQI results today and achieved six distinctions two merits 357.5 QQI points. Overall, I’m very happy with my grades as I worked hard balancing my studies with a part time job and lacked interest in the beginning. I’m interested in applying to education and training in DCU along with arts , humanities , social sciences and social policy in UCD. I was wondering what my chances are in being accepted given the mininum requirements for all are five distinctions and if anyone reading this achieved six distinctions and progressed onto university. I genuinely don't think i can wait until the round zero offers to find out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

It depends on if the QQI topics are relevant to the course you want to study, and the amount of applications they have for the course. A lot of courses only have a set amount of places for QQI entrants, some none at all.
    I've only had responses for half of the courses I've applied for, so it seems the various institutes have their own way of doing things.
    I'm also waiting, it's a bit nerve wracking .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Wanderer19 wrote: »
    It depends on if the QQI topics are relevant to the course you want to study, and the amount of applications they have for the course. A lot of courses only have a set amount of places for QQI entrants, some none at all.
    I've only had responses for half of the courses I've applied for, so it seems the various institutes have their own way of doing things.
    I'm also waiting, it's a bit nerve wracking .

Can I ask, did you get your offers today?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

Can I ask, did you get your offers today?
    In July, I was offered a place, but I'm not sure whether I was offered it because of my QQI results, which were in a different area of study, which they only have one place for, then half the class is allocated to people with appropriate experience in the sector, and the rest of the class is based on personal statements/tests and interviews, so not sure which category I fall under.

Advertisement