Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Irish Rail jobs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭finno

i just received an email from the 2nd test online

"There has been a tremendous response to the advertising and the media coverage and we are currently processing all the applications and scores. Given the large volume of applications it may therefore take us some time to get back to you with a result. We expect to be in contact with you again within the next 4-6 weeks.

So don't give up hope yet :)

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Those who got the 4-6 week emails

I'd say what may be happening is the approx 200 people that did assesments over the last two days are being considered and filtered further, with more assesments on next week for the next stage

I imagine if they don't get their quota from this pile then they will go further to those waiting now without a rejection email.

So I would say they will be in touch with either come in for next stage or rejection.

But the fact the Waterford folk are getting the waiting email is different because the two days were Dublin applicants only so that's an odd part for country depots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Galadriel

My OH just got the email, I didn't and we both applied for Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

Just got mine I applied for athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭oleras

Received an email also, applied for Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

Just recieved mine, Limerick aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Those who got the 4-6 week emails

I'd say what may be happening is the approx 200 people that did assesments over the last two days are being considered and filtered further, with more assesments on next week for the next stage

I imagine if they don't get their quota from this pile then they will go further to those waiting now without a rejection email.

So I would say they will be in touch with either come in for next stage or rejection.

But the fact the Waterford folk are getting the waiting email is different because the two days were Dublin applicants only so that's an odd part for country depots.

Have I missed something, 200 people attended Inchicore over the week or is there an extra stage.

I suspect they had a minimum score set and have emailed people around the country who meet or exceeded it and will cut them down at the next stage and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rinn71

I received the 4-6 week email also, I applied for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭336699

I just got an email too, will be in touch within 4-6 weeks with a result.

I applied for Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭contrary_devil

I got the 4 -6 week wait email at 14.25, I applied for the Waterford depot.
    Could it be that they require people in Dublin more urgently than in other areas and are processing those that chose Dublin and getting them out of the way before moving on to the other areas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Clever8619

They most likely can't test everyone at the same time. So this batch that went for tests this week will most likely GO through first. Then another batch and another batch. Fill immediate vacancies with appropriate class sizes etc.

What is left over will be placed on a panel which will remain live for however long they need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PGzDuffman

I received the 4-6 weeks email too, for Dublin depot.

I did my three online tests on sat 5th of January. If people state their test date here, we could get an idea of how far along they have scored the tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

PGzDuffman wrote: »
    I received the 4-6 weeks email too, for Dublin depot.

I did my three online tests on sat 5th of January. If people state their test date here, we could get an idea of how far along they have scored the tests?

Hard to gauge, as some people only completed stage 2 on the final day and were invited to stage 3 this week.

Galadriel wrote: »
    My OH just got the email, I didn't and we both applied for Sligo.

Just got the email now.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Received the 4-6 weeks email - applied for Dublin .

Competed online test on the last day of the competition

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

Got the email. I applied for Dublin.
    I did the tests on the day after they were sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

Same I got the 4-6 week email . I applied for Dublin

Does anyone know is there any preparation tests you can take so you can be practicing now incase you get called ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JellyMelly

In Sligo and got the 4-6week email today too 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Are ya’s still receiving these 4-6 emails now like within the last hour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Got an email at 2.30 today. I put down the Galway depot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IanVW

Got email at 3 for Waterford

Got mine at 15.00 hrs

I got mine at 3.45

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rinn71

I got mine at 3:15 for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JellyMelly

Sorry I should have said I got mine at 2.30 today but was at work so didn’t see it till 5 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

Daz_ wrote: »
    Yet there doesn’t seem to have been any “unsuccessful “ communication from them to that “significant “ number

Got one myself and was waiting to reply to any comments here enquiring about responses, maybe they got through the results or were reading the thread!
    The wording was a bit concerning as I thought it was leading into, you were unsuccessful, I'll go back to my former take on this and wait for a reply from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Rootsblower

I got the 4 -6 week wait email at 14.25, I applied for the Waterford depot.
    Could it be that they require people in Dublin more urgently than in other areas and are processing those that chose Dublin and getting them out of the way before moving on to the other areas?

This^^^^^^^^^^

1874 wrote: »
    Got one myself and was waiting to reply to any comments here enquiring about responses, maybe they got through the results or were reading the thread!
    The wording was a bit concerning as I thought it was leading into, you were unsuccessful, I'll go back to my former take on this and wait for a reply from them again.

I was worried about wording too I thought " you were unsuccessful this time" was coming .

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fanningb

No email here either, I'm guessing that for those of us that don't have an email yet it will probably be Monday before they send anything else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lledlledlled

No email either. We seem to be in the minority.
    I applied for Dublin.

Advertisement