Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

colm_gti wrote: »
    Tyres arrived this morning....just not the ones I ordered! Useless f*ckin fools! Will never ever order from evans again!

What did you order and what did you get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

godtabh wrote: »
    What did you order and what did you get?

Ordered a pair of GP 4 seasons, got gatorskin hardshell!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

At least they got the brand right. About the only thing the got right it seems!

godtabh wrote: »
    At least they got the brand right. About the only thing the got right it seems!

Really don't like gators but tempted to use it to save myself the hassle of ever dealing with them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭enas

Really don't like gators but tempted to use it to save myself the hassle of ever dealing with them again!

I did hate the gators too. I do love the GP4 Seasons too (I get just a bit more punctures, which means from none to very rarely -- but they actually grip on the ground). So I would pursue it if I were you. Mistakes can happen. You should judge the level of customer support not by the fact they did a mistake, but by how they will handle the issue after you report it to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

what enas said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I got the last story about Wiggle wrong actually. My stuff never showed and they made me wait three weeks to be sure then sent it out again. Not a terrible policy, but didn't suit me at the time for sure.

Surely someone would pay what you paid for them in the sale section. It'd still be a bargain. Gators have a great rep amongst many?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

I got the last story about Wiggle wrong actually. My stuff never showed and they made me wait three weeks to be sure then sent it out again. Not a terrible policy, but didn't suit me at the time for sure.

I'm open to correction, but I think Wiggle regularly 'batch' orders for RoI and only send them to Royal mail for onward delivery when they have a certain amount ready to go. I've had just the above experience in the past, then again, I've had things arrive on 5-6 days too, so delivery times seem to be a bit hit-and-miss with them...

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    I'm open to correction, but I think Wiggle regularly 'batch' orders for RoI and only send them to Royal mail for onward delivery when they have a certain amount ready to go. I've had just the above experience in the past, then again, I've had things arrive on 5-6 days too, so delivery times seem to be a bit hit-and-miss with them...

My experience too. I tend to prefer CRC when I can (and Wiggle is most of the time far from the most competitive price-wise). Outside busy periods, I consistently receive any order I pass before 3pm-ish next day in the morning. With free delivery, that's hard to beat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Six 700x18-25 inner tubes for ~€11.50 http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-essential-narrow-road-inner-tubes-6-pack/
    Get 3% back through fatcheese

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

If any females out there are looking for a small bike they could do worse than a Cannondale CAAD10 with Shimano 105 for £899.99 size 44.

Surely someone would pay what you paid for them in the sale section. It'd still be a bargain. Gators have a great rep amongst many?

I may have to resort to that, though I won't get the GP 4 seasons for the price I should have payed for them had they arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Anyone got a line on CO2 threaded cartridges? Nothing doing on eBay (UK sites won't ship)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

joker77 wrote: »
    Anyone got a line on CO2 threaded cartridges? Nothing doing on eBay (UK sites won't ship)

How many do you need? I have a few boxes from the last group order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

I'd be interested too if you've enough?

Else re:shipping. Can you use parcel motel?

A load of clothing for sale in Duffs in Omni. Some good stuff in it. Reductions vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

"SAME HERE"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

http://co2cartridges.co.uk/ will ship to IE but it's surface freight and costs about €15 for a shipment. Expensive if you're just getting a small (30x) quantity but the same for a large (300x) order.

Parcel Motel have restrictions on what they'll accept but I dunno if cartridges are included.

Why don't you organise a group order or another one?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭G2ECE

Ya I'm guessing they didn't think that one fully through which probably explains the extra demand. Anyway with the price I got me new gloves for I can't complain! My order arrived on Friday.

As said in numerous threads before if you want the item quickly then pay for priority postage or a trip to the LBS, you can't really complain when your getting a deal like this!

Picked up me helmet today from the post office, happy as a pig in sh!t. bargain of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

cdaly_ wrote: »
    http://co2cartridges.co.uk/ will ship to IE but it's surface freight and costs about €15 for a shipment. Expensive if you're just getting a small (30x) quantity but the same for a large (300x) order.

Parcel Motel have restrictions on what they'll accept but I dunno if cartridges are included.

Why don't you organise a group order or another one?

I would be interested a group order. Maybe a separate post to draw up some interest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I may have to resort to that, though I won't get the GP 4 seasons for the price I should have payed for them had they arrived.

Have you ruled out returning the tyres? It's certainly a hassle having to package them up and get them to the post office, but for the most part any time I've returned stuff to other suppliers (not Evans Cycles) getting a replacement and getting postage costs refunded was quite quick and straightforward. I assume that the procedure for Evans Cycles is much the same as for other online retailers, though I haven't checked.

It seems like the option that should ultimately cost you least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭marketty

€83.75 for 2 gp4000S and 5 tubes (and 3% back through fatcheese of course!)

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/continental-grand-prix-4000s-tyres-and-tubes-bundle/

colm_gti i might be interested in the hardshells if you want to sell them

Cheers - looks like there's a lot of demand for these.

On ebay.co.uk - you can pick up boxes of 10 or 20. I'd be interested in 5 maybe

How many do you have leftover?

doozerie wrote: »
    Have you ruled out returning the tyres? It's certainly a hassle having to package them up and get them to the post office, but for the most part any time I've returned stuff to other suppliers (not Evans Cycles) getting a replacement and getting postage costs refunded was quite quick and straightforward. I assume that the procedure for Evans Cycles is much the same as for other online retailers, though I haven't checked.

It seems like the option that should ultimately cost you least.

Been in touch with them and they're going to send me the ones I ordered as a 'good will gesture' as long as I send the others back....

Going to go down this route I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Cheers - looks like there's a lot of demand for these.

On ebay.co.uk - you can pick up boxes of 10 or 20. I'd be interested in 5 maybe

How many do you have leftover?

I overordered a bit for myself at the time. I don't know how many punctures I was expecting at the time, but thankfully they haven't materialised.
    A box of 10 for yourself and one for Couerdelion? Should tide you over until you get something organised. If you collect them you can have them gratis. Dublin city centre.

Been in touch with them and they're going to send me the ones I ordered as a 'good will gesture' as long as I send the others back....

Glad to see you got it sorted, but how can they construe it to be a good will gesture. They sent you the wrong product. Will they cover your postage as well?

I overordered a bit for myself at the time. I don't know how many punctures I was expecting at the time, but thankfully they haven't materialised.
    A box of 10 for yourself and one for Couerdelion? Should tide you over until you get something organised. If you collect them you can have them gratis. Dublin city centre.
    Thanks, a box of 10 would be great!
    I can meet in town - will cover the cost of them (only fair), I'll send a pm to arrange

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

CRC £10 off £75 spend voucher # D31RDZP3

Apologies for the delay in posting, this is valid until Thursday 17th Jan.

Is the good will gesture that they're sending the correct ones without waiting to receive the other ones first? Also, do they refund postage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭cassette50

LifeLine Essential Narrow Road Inner Tubes - 6 Pack- €11.59

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-essential-narrow-road-inner-tubes-6-pack/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement