Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.

Boards Jersey Sightings

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I saw Trojan around 7:45/8:00 last night going down the Kyber in the Phoenix in Boards jersey as i was going up it. I said Hello, I was wearing a Z jersey... did not see me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I saw Trojan around 7:45/8:00 last night going down the Kyber in the Phoenix in Boards jersey as i was going up it. I said Hello, I was wearing a Z jersey... did not see me.

Sounds like he blanked you. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Glitterangel76

I saw a boards jersey coming out near one of the Oracle car parks in Eastpoint a few weeks back, they had red and white striped arm warmers on which reminded me of candy canes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I saw a boards jersey coming out near one of the Oracle car parks in Eastpoint a few weeks back, they had red and white striped arm warmers on which reminded me of candy canes :)

That was definetely RAAM :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

That would be Raam

Aye tis me

And they are choral, I'll have you know ;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

cat-in-the-hat.jpg

el tonto wrote: »
    cat-in-the-hat.jpg

Looks even more insane when I wear the white gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Feck, didn't even register: I was getting real tired at that stage! My sincere apologies!

I've been down with a head cold/sore throat pretty nasty for last 2 weeks. Hasn't shifted. I'm on the anti-biotics now.

I was getting cabin fever, particularly with the gorgeous cycling weather so I've decided feck it, I'm going out for a few spins before it all disappears into another rainy summer.

[/excuse]

• Subscribers Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

10.30 or so this morning, boarsie stopped on the hill up out of dundrum. appeared to be getting animated directions from a passer by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭emty

Blowfish wrote: »
    Spotted one stopped at the lights at Frascati/Rock road yesterday evening just after 5pm heading towards the city centre as I was going the opposite way. I was debating waving/making random hand signals but figured it would just confuse everyone else stopped there.
    I think that was me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Thursday 18th June @ approx 1pm on the N81 at the spawell going towards Tallaght. First sighting of one for me. :)

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Thursday 18th June @ approx 1pm on the N81 at the spawell going towards Tallaght. First sighting of one for me. :)

Took your time reporting it here :)

Spotted two (three?) boardsies crossing from Ballyroan road onto Templeogue bridge at 1 o'clock. Didn't want to beep and distract ye. :)

First sighting, finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

park was full of the buggers today ;)

as well as bleedin idiots refusing to step aside on the cycle path :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

seamus wrote: »
    Spotted two (three?) boardsies crossing from Ballyroan road onto Templeogue bridge at 1 o'clock. Didn't want to beep and distract ye. :)

First sighting, finally!

If it was two Boards jerseys and a green Jersey it was myelf, Caroline & NiceoneTom. I'm not sure of the area exactly as they were just leading me home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Cycling forums virgin, but I saw the thread on the homepage and thought I'd add my contribution:

About half a dozen boards cyclists at King John's Castle in Trim, Co. Meath one afternoon some time between 4 and 8 months ago, can't remember which side of Christmas it was :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

upmeath wrote: »
    About half a dozen boards cyclists at King John's Castle in Trim, Co. Meath one afternoon some time between 4 and 8 months ago, can't remember which side of Christmas it was :)

could have been us - we did head to Trim and around the Castle on 21/02/2009 and 14/3/2009 a few of us woudl have been wearing Boards jerseys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

could have been us - we did head to Trim and around the Castle on 21/02/2009 and 14/3/2009 a few of us woudl have been wearing Boards jerseys :)

More recent than I first thought then, I just remember seeing the blue jerseys, very nice, fair play. How would you rate the roads in this neck of the woods, are they as bike-friendly as you might have liked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

I regularly pass through Trim and the roads are v good. Kildalkey Athboy direction is quieter and of course no hills! If I want a flat spin always head your direction:)

ps Up Meath!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

upmeath wrote: »
    How would you rate the roads in this neck of the woods, are they as bike-friendly as you might have liked?

The roads were great as far as i remember, also the area around the Trim castle is beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Dónal wrote: »
    Took your time reporting it here :)

LOL, forgot all about it till I seen the thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

copacetic wrote: »
    10.30 or so this morning, boarsie stopped on the hill up out of dundrum. appeared to be getting animated directions from a passer by.

lol, that was me trying to find out where the boardsies might have gone :)

I get hopelessly lost when I cross the Liffey :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Glitterangel76

Raam wrote: »
    Aye tis me

Opps my bad...they really are a very fetching coral color :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Raam wrote: »
    Aye tis me

You mean they sing beautiful harmonies as well as being red?

Nice... I always wanted singing arm warmers

You mean they sing beautiful harmonies as well as being red?

Nice... I always wanted singing arm warmers

Ooops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

I think I got the boardsie beep from a car this morning. Coming over the bridge at Heuston station.

Didn't clock it at first and then realised I was wearing boards shorts, and the beep was too polite to be a 'get out of the ****ing way!' beep.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Met Seamus this morning coming down amien st.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lyders

Spotted a jersey going up O'Connell St tonight at around 10.15pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

lyders wrote: »
    Spotted a jersey going up O'Connell St tonight at around 10.15pm.

If you saw that jersey anywhere from O'Connell bridge to the spire it was me. If however you spotted the jersey from the spire to the ambassador it wasn't me.