Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Jersey looks good lads, not seen any around though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Braylee Fit Billionaire

Seen...

Yellow fixie (I think) on Camden St. (Dublin) this morning. Rider was wearing a BOARDS.ie jersey

Travelling towards Angier St.

'Fess up?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Mairt wrote: »
    Seen...

Yellow fixie (I think) on Camden St. (Dublin) this morning. Rider was wearing a BOARDS.ie jersey

'Fess up?.

That has to be Verb.

Though it is unusual to see him travel at anything less than light speed, usually much too fast to discern details like what type of jersey he's wearing.:D

unionman wrote: »
    That has to be Verb.

Though it is unusual to see him travel at anything less than light speed, usually much too fast to discern details like what type of jersey he's wearing.:D

It was only when I overtook him that I realised it was a BOARDS.ie jersey, and I think a brooks saddle (but I could be wrong on that - I was going too fast) :D

It was only when I overtook him that I realised it was a BOARDS.ie jersey, and I think a brooks saddle (but I could be wrong on that - I was going too fast) :D

Ayayay...the game is on...

Was this the bike?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

Seen...

'Fess up?.

Saw him yesterday on Wexford St as I was waiting to cross onto Montague St. - forgot to post here after site came back up. It's very yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

Was this the bike?

that was the bike that I saw ;)

Was this the bike?

Thats the one!.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Who overtook me !? I think not, I had a great run along there this morning, cruised past a great big stream of cyclists.

Wow, fame at last, I knew a bright gaudy yellow bicycle would come in handy!

thanks for the headsup unionman !

Verb wrote: »
    Who overtook me !? I think not

I over took you... Ya want yor go, or wha?.

Actually, you did in fact over take me. But I've a very good reason why that happened, I swear!.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

And a bitter commuter race rivalry is born.

I over took you... Ya want yor go, or wha?.

Actually, you did in fact over take me. But I've a very good reason why that happened, I swear!.

heh, what do you cycle ? I'll keep my eyes open and add you to the list to break my balls trying to keep ahead of. At the moment it's just you and unionman and his langster on it.

I'm wary of bumping into unionman, I need a wee hill around to defeat him.

A problem with such a bright bicycle and boards.ie jersey actually is that if I do something really stupid, people will be able to find me. Maybe not a bad problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

does the boards jersey put manners on anyone else? i find that when so attired i'm much more likely to respect the authority of lights etc. i don't want some fecker coming on to the forum demanding the identity/apology of the wanker they saw doing [something slightly irresponsible] this morning.

for this reason i do not wear it for commuting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

niceonetom wrote: »
    does the boards jersey put manners on anyone else? i find that when so attired i'm much more likely to respect the authority of lights etc. i don't want some fecker coming on to the forum demanding the identity/apology of the wanker they saw doing [something slightly irresponsible] this morning.

It makes me think twice about everything alright. Though it does make me more determined to overtake everything I see in case its a boards user on/in the bike/car/helicoptor in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

niceonetom wrote: »

haha is that to say you might be braking a few lights on the commute?

heh, what do you cycle ? I'll keep my eyes open and add you to the list to break my balls trying to keep ahead of. At the moment it's just you and unionman and his langster on it.

I'm wary of bumping into unionman, I need a wee hill around to defeat him.

lol

I love the way the langster gets a separate mention (she will be pleased:D).

I am getting much better on those hills (I find Hill St more of a challenge than Nth Gt Georges...so anytime you want a rematch:cool:).

If we keep talking this up, our one and only sprint could develop legendary status!!

lol

I love the way the langster gets a separate mention (she will be pleased:D).

I am getting much better on those hills (I find Hill St more of a challenge than Nth Gt Georges...so anytime you want a rematch:cool:).

If we keep talking this up, our one and only sprint could develop legendary status!!

It already is legendary ! We may have to take it to the track to sort it out. Although you've got the advantage there, cycling fixed. That'd be my excuse anyway.

heh, what do you cycle ?

This morning I was walking, I'd almost never be over that side of town on the bike. Sorry.

Just seen you whizz past, noticed the BOARDS jersey and the bright yellow bike.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Woo hoo! Got one at last!

Ahead of me (obviously) all the way from Harold's Cross Bridge to the Four Courts, just after 8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Spotted one a couple of hours ago on the way up to Calary (old Roundwood road), thats some serious climbing!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Supercell wrote: »
    Spotted one a couple of hours ago on the way up to Calary (old Roundwood road), thats some serious climbing!

Probably Blorg on his lunch break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Spotted one this morning on the firhouse road outside ballyboden GAA Club... would have enquired as to who it was but I was very late for work...

I guess ill put faces to names when I finally get out on a saturday spin

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

noblestee wrote: »
    Spotted one this morning on the firhouse road outside ballyboden GAA Club... would have enquired as to who it was but I was very late for work...

I guess ill put faces to names when I finally get out on a saturday spin
    Going towards the Knocklyon road? Was that you burning by me? :D

Yep burning indeed, gear it up seamus!! ;)

You came down the ballycullen road onto the firhouse road? I was on a Giant FCR3

Jesus, its hard posting in this thread without making it sound like this

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

noblestee wrote: »
    Yep burning indeed, gear it up seamus!! ;)

You came down the ballycullen road onto the firhouse road? I was on a Giant FCR3
    I was tired this morning, decided I was going to spin into work ;)
    You looked like you were in a rush anyway, I saw no benefit in chasing :p

I only noticed because you don't get many people burning by you when you're doing 32km/h.
    Jesus, its hard posting in this thread without making it sound like this
    :D

Yeah i average 40 all the time, even if not in a hurry, i swear :D

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭CyaL8r

I've spotted a boards kit in East Point Business Park. Seen him a couple of time. I think he usually has a blue backpack on aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

CyaL8r wrote: »
    I've spotted a boards kit in East Point Business Park. Seen him a couple of time. I think he usually has a blue backpack on aswell

That's probably Raam

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

That's probably Raam
    I know of at least one other Boardsie working in there.

• Advertisement

Spotted a Boards Jersey on Camden St the other morning, riding a (I think) red'ish mountain bike with a high mudguard over the back wheel [suspension too I think].

Advertisement