Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Overshoes or Goretex boots for winter cycling..

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Cyclewizard

I have numerous pairs of overshoes and some shimano gore tex road boots and I prefer the boots in the worst weather. Any dirt and spray from the road is easily cleaned off too. Milder, drier days il throw on the overshoes or Belgian booties

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Another Northwave Farenheit fan here. I've had them 4 winters now and were well able to handle a couple of those in Zurich. Add wool socks and my feet are always warm

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Mc Love wrote: »
    Any options for those of use that dont use cleat type pedals? i've bought overshoes but they dont really fit over my runners.

Only overshoes I can recommend for runners are the Altura City Overshoes. They tended to size up a bit so would go over arunner

Otherwise, buy an overshoe thats for a bigger size.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭circler

Another Northwave Farenheit fan here

What are the like for sizing?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Frankirish

circler wrote: »

I went up one size so that I can wear the thicker winter/wool socks and they are perfect, normally a size 44 but went with the 45.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

circler wrote: »

I found Northwave to be fairly close to normal shoe sizes. I have a pair of road shoes and the farenheit boots and they are the same size as all my normal shoes, and fit great

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

I've northwave winter mtb boots and find the sizing to be very similar to shimano.

Id be a 42 in regular shoes and 43 shimano is just about the same. 43 in northwave is 1mm or 2mm bigger than shimano but i wouldn't get a northwave 42 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Plastik

I bought my Northwave Fahrenheits in 45, I wear 45 shoes, and they fit perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,948 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Just to really confuse matters - my Shimano and Northwest boots are both size 46 but the Northwest ones feel a tiny bit bigger.

(I take 44/45 in 'ordinary' shoes).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Pulled the trigger on the Fizik road boot will have to buy the MTB boot soon...
    First spin tomorrow night in them didnt fancy a long spin at the weekend to break them in will report back...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭secman

Pulled the trigger on the Fizik road boot will have to buy the MTB boot soon...
    First spin tomorrow night in them didnt fancy a long spin at the weekend to break them in will report back...

It was too warm the weekend to wear them anyways ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

secman wrote: »
    It was too warm the weekend to wear them anyways ,

Especially trying to keep with you Secman....:D;)

Advertisement