Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus terrorised by gang of youths in Lucan

• 01-01-2019 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Saw this video on Facebook that appears to show a gang of youths attacking passengers on a DB bus in lucan apparently one of them was threatening passengers with a knife. I do think there is definitely a place for security like on the Luas to travel on buses at certain times.

https://www.facebook.com/792791334066176/posts/2707477892597501/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

Foxborough has been bandit country for well over a decade. Friend put their house on the market the day they moved in!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Caranica wrote: »
    Foxborough has been bandit country for well over a decade. Friend put their house on the market the day they moved in!

Not the brightest then, your friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The bus display on the inside says it's a 25b. Whoever scumbag broke the window on the buses middle doors should pay for the damages to have it repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Foxborough has lots of decent hard working people live there who have bought their own houses. Unfortunately they're bordered by quite a bit of social housing, and in the main the troublemakers seem to be coming from there.

This isn't a transport problem, we can't have the garda riot squad sitting on every bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

The bus display on the inside says it's a 25b. Whoever scumbag broke the window on the buses middle doors should pay for the damages to have it repaired.

But they won't as if they were brought they'd be probably looking for free legal aid and claiming they can't afford it despite they probably splashed out on expensive tracksuits and scramblers for their kids to run amuck on. I'm sure if they'd use the usual sob story about a bad upbringing aswell. There needs to be tougher sentences for this type of behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Stephen15 wrote: »
    But they won't as if they were brought they'd be probably looking for free legal aid and claiming they can't afford it despite they probably splashed out on expensive tracksuits and scramblers for their kids to run amuck on. I'm sure if they'd use the usual sob story about a bad upbringing aswell. There needs to be tougher sentences for this type of behaviour.

Buses should be pulled out for a week after an attack.

Not an evening and certainly not 1 hour..

The community would then be forced to deal with their own children. Instead of expecting the Garda to bring them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

Stephen15 wrote: »

Are Tasers legal? That would sort the little turds out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I'd imagine most of the scruffs who cause the trouble are residing in the likes of Foxdene and Balgaddy so they would be less affected by the removal of the 25A and B as they'd all use the 40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

The community would then be forced to deal with their own children. Instead of expecting the Garda to bring them up.

I think we can agree that sometimes these incidents are one offs. But certainly if buses are being attacked on a regular basis in a particular area then they should be taken for a prolonged period until something is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

The roadmen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

As a Griffeen/Moy Glas resident I would love nothing more than for us to avoid Foxborough forevermore tbh.

The time saving alone in the morning would be something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Not the brightest then, your friend?

The day you buy is the day you sell. Literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

CAN busses be pulled from an area due to antisocial behaviour? I thought I heard that they did this in some areas but don't know if it actually happened or not.

Just thought it might have been in the remit of Dublin Bus that they provide an essential service and can't be removed like that.

Dont get me wrong, I'm all 100% for it: One off thing? keep an eye on it. happens regularly? Then remove services at a sliding scale: 2 days first, up to a month.

I'm sure people will say: "Well, what about the innocent people who didn't do anything? What about them?" to which I say: "The drivers are innocent. What about them?"

Was just wondering about the legality of removing a service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

I don't quite follow. Did a bus driver stay parked while a bus was attacked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

superg wrote: »
    I'd imagine most of the scruffs who cause the trouble are residing in the likes of Foxdene and Balgaddy so they would be less affected by the removal of the 25A and B as they'd all use the 40.

They were a gang of black youths. You probably aren't aware because our media are terrified of mentioning race but it has been publicised elsewhere.

Nice to see you jumping the gun though. Foxdene/Balgaddy is Lucan as it happens. Your own people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Publicised where exactly?

I'm not from Lucan but I'm well aware of where foxdene and balgaddy are thanks, I'm from another area which the 40 serves and I'm well used to "our own" scruffs causing trouble over the last 30-40 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭magicray

I heard a slightly different version of this story - not sure which is true

I heard that people at a bus stop were being terrorised by this gang and the bus came along and the driver let them on to try keep them safe but the gang also got onto the bus and threatened the other passengers

Either way its disgraceful :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

magicray wrote: »

I heard that people at a bus stop were being terrorised by this gang and the bus came along and the driver let them on to try keep them safe but the gang also got onto the bus and threatened the other passengers

This would make more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

foxborough is inhabited by a lot of tenants sprawled from neilstown and other ropey parts of clondalkin, couldn't pay me enough to live there.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭LastStop

pablo128 wrote: »
    They were a gang of black youths. You probably aren't aware because our media are terrified of mentioning race but it has been publicised elsewhere.

No it wasn't......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭ Jordy Quiet Cake

Nice to see you jumping the gun though. Foxdene/Balgaddy is Lucan as it happens. Your own people.

They were white. Why are you spreading lies??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭ Jordy Quiet Cake

magicray wrote: »

This is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

not in this case or are you talking about the gang that was roaming round a few years ago ? there have been issues with gangs of african youths around there, but not in this specific incident the thread is about. The Dublin gazette has detailed it before , I don't think they were ever doing enough to warrant a national paper covering it let along covering it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

CAN busses be pulled from an area due to antisocial behaviour? I thought I heard that they did this in some areas but don't know if it actually happened or not.

Just thought it might have been in the remit of Dublin Bus that they provide an essential service and can't be removed like that.

Dont get me wrong, I'm all 100% for it: One off thing? keep an eye on it. happens regularly? Then remove services at a sliding scale: 2 days first, up to a month.

I'm sure people will say: "Well, what about the innocent people who didn't do anything? What about them?" to which I say: "The drivers are innocent. What about them?"

So what do you want them to do?
    Operate a service that knowingly endangers passengers and the driver and damages the bus!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Theres a gang of 15 -.20 14 or 15 years old (most if not all from a school in the village ) hanging around the community centre and McDonalds in clondalkin. They're jumping on groups or individuals of quieter kids both in the community centre and at the mill shopping centre, right kn front of the doors at times where security have to jump in. All within 100 yards of the garda station.

No mention of their ethnicity in media reports or on Facebook either . People,e are all over the comments giving it "black ****ers" and saying how they should be sent home.

Only thing is every one of them is white.........

So what do you want them to do?
    Operate a service that knowingly endangers passengers and the driver and damages the bus!
    Read my post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Read my post

And read my post! Wait.....what would you expect them to do?

And read my post! Wait.....what would you expect them to do?
    ........ Dont get me wrong, I'm all 100% for it: One off thing? keep an eye on it. happens regularly? Then remove services at a sliding scale: 2 days first, up to a month.

My question was.... wait for it..... about the legality of removing a service. I expressly stated that I was for removing a service. I was inquiring if they could legally remove said service as DB is a state body providing a service. Where did I say I wanted them to maintain a service? Where did I say I wantedthem to endanger driver, passengers or busses themselves?

Anyway...... Jeez, I never knew Lucan had gotten that bad. That's crazy

Advertisement