Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Competition Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Onity

fritzelly wrote: »
    Anyone who won Flipz have you received anything yet?

Won the chair and it took about two weeks to arrive iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

fritzelly wrote: »
    Anyone who won Flipz have you received anything yet?

Nothing yet. Been entering daily. I’m usually very lucky when it comes to these types of competitions. Would kill to land a PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jfdi

Anybody get the secret code for the Supervalu Eco Garden House thing?
    I was given a separate receipt when I bought Kerrygold (bought in Dunshaughlin). The code on it was Kerrygold. There was no mention on this receipt that I should retain it as proof of purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Condaris

Well that's annoying, the reply email from Digiistore said " the email template was incorrect" , so the voucher is for €15 not €20...also the JustEat code wouldn't work on the app. Had to enter it on the laptop fyi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

Condaris wrote: »
    Well that's annoying, the reply email from Digiistore said " the email template was incorrect" , so the voucher is for €15 not €20...also the JustEat code wouldn't work on the app. Had to enter it on the laptop fyi

I had emailed orchard thieves but no reply back. I put mine in on the computer and it worked but yes it is annoying when it said €20. For such a big promotion I would have thought it would have been a higher value. I am happy to have won a prize but it seems low.
    ***Edit*** just got an email from digistore saying it was a clerical error and an email from orchard thieves saying there was an error and I would get an email about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

Two calls from the UK in the last 48 hours asking me to part take in a survey. I asked the the second time where they got my number and they said Free Prize Draw. Is that fpd.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭DebJZ

I started competioning 2 years ago and I won a good bit in the first year. I won €1000, a €100, a €500 one4 all voucher, a beauty set, jeans and a hotel break. I was loving the buzz but since last May I've won nothing though I still keep entering competitions. What has been your longest dry spell?

I guess I was spoiled in the first year and it gave me unrealistic expectations. I would be happy to win a pencil at this stage. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭wally79

brodsy wrote: »
    To celebrate the start of the Summer, O'Donnells are running a fantastic Text to Win competition giving away 10 x €1000 Staycation Vouchers.

Free Text TRIP & your Name to 50100 to be in with a chance to win.

The competition runs throughout May, June & July.
    10 winners will be selected on August 2nd.

www.odonnellscrisps.com/competition

FYI The reply says competition closes on 30th June

Has anyone won with the Nestle staycation competition. I just won a day out it came up on the screen and I got an email. The issue I have is when I try to input my address it isn't accepting my postcode. I have tried leaving it blank putting 0000 everything but nothing. It is open to Ireland so not sure why it isn't accepting my eircode. I won €50 the last promotion they ran and no issues with eircode. I have emailed them but hopefully someone else has won and knows what I can do. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭magicray

imfml wrote: »
    Two calls from the UK in the last 48 hours asking me to part take in a survey. I asked the the second time where they got my number and they said Free Prize Draw. Is that fpd.ie?

Strange I had a call from the UK on Saturday - I didn't answer it , I've never put my phone number in freeprize draws I was thinking maybe the HSE hackers sold on info ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭Gormal

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    Has anyone won with the Nestle staycation competition. I just won a day out it came up on the screen and I got an email. The issue I have is when I try to input my address it isn't accepting my postcode. I have tried leaving it blank putting 0000 everything but nothing. It is open to Ireland so not sure why it isn't accepting my eircode. I won €50 the last promotion they ran and no issues with eircode. I have emailed them but hopefully someone else has won and knows what I can do. Thanks

Did you try just the county? I usually put eircode with a space, or without a space [it might even be a space at the end that gets it huffed up] and then the county.

Gormal wrote: »
    Did you try just the county? I usually put eircode with a space, or without a space [it might even be a space at the end that gets it huffed up] and then the county.

I tried everything and nothing worked, I contacted them on twitter and they took my details and passed them to promotions who emailed me and said they did it manually for me. I haven't been contacted yet to organise it so hopefully it is done properly. Will see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭Gormal

Be thankful you didn't win the Firestone tyres, I'm still trying to get them fitted. 2 weeks ago they finally answered saying they were on the way to X garage. X garage knew nothing about it. I am one step away from reporting them.
    I won in Feb2020, the rep didn't contact me until June 2020. I tried to get them before the winter last year and was just ignored.

it is so frustrating
    Gormal wrote: »
    Be thankful you didn't win the Firestone tyres, I'm still trying to get them fitted. 2 weeks ago they finally answered saying they were on the way to X garage. X garage knew nothing about it. I am one step away from reporting them.
    I won in Feb2020, the rep didn't contact me until June 2020. I tried to get them before the winter last year and was just ignored.
    It is so frustrating trying to chase and beg nearly for your prize. I have had to chase a few things over the tears, 2 things took nearly a year, but I didn't let it go and kept at them. I'd say they were just tired of me in the end and gave it just for peace. I understand there can be delays with certain things but if people do a competition and give a prize they should make sure they get it to the person in reasonable time

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭JohnChadwick

Doesn't seem to be a limit on the amount of times you can enter this! Am wondering if its possible people will just send 1 entry every few seconds through an automated text message app. Or will that just lead to disqualification.

Wina PS5 with Supervalu and Rockstar drinks. Send SV ROCKSTAR and your name to 50100. Ends June 30th.

http://insightmarketing.ie/rockstar-supervalu-competition-terms-conditions/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Doesn't seem to be a limit on the amount of times you can enter this! Am wondering if its possible people will just send 1 entry every few seconds through an automated text message app. Or will that just lead to disqualification.

Wina PS5 with Supervalu and Rockstar drinks. Send SV ROCKSTAR and your name to 50100. Ends June 30th.

http://insightmarketing.ie/rockstar-supervalu-competition-terms-conditions/

From the T&C's: Incomplete or illegible entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means together with entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted.

My guess is you'd be disqualified.

From the T&C's: Incomplete or illegible entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means together with entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted.

My guess is you'd be disqualified.

Hmm that would be tricky to prove though.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭macguru

Hmm that would be tricky to prove though.

The messaging providers do ban people from entering their comps if using automated messaging, they also do it if you keep entering closed competitions to any of the freetext numbers.

M

macguru wrote: »
    The messaging providers do ban people from entering their comps if using automated messaging, they also do it if you keep entering closed competitions to any of the freetext numbers.

M

Ah I see. How do you get un-banned, as that has happened me where a comp was entered after closing date I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭macguru

Ah I see. How do you get un-banned, as that has happened me where a comp was entered after closing date I think...

Check the T&Cs and see who the provider is and email them noting your number and say texts don't seem to be getting through and ask them to investigate, I would also ring them if there's also a phone number, if you're annoying enough they'll unban you.

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I finally won with Flipz, Sony Headphones, I am using 3 email accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Well done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭EletricMan

Well done,

What time of the day did you enter? I'm asking because on the price list it gives today's prize as the headphones but the draw wasn't supposed to be till 10pm. Did you get the winning email after 10 last night?

I got the other day in spam, the draw is after 10pm nightly

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Deirdre5

sorry how do i enter this one? must have missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭cbee20

Deirdre5 wrote: »
    sorry how do i enter this one? must have missed it

https://www.flipzbiggamedropz.com/sign-up

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Deirdre5

cbee20 wrote: »

thanks do i have to enter this every day or just once and I'm in every draw?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,231 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Deirdre5 wrote: »
    thanks do i have to enter this every day or just once and I'm in every draw?

every day

brodsy wrote: »
    Win an IPhone with Sprite

Simply FreeText ‘SPRITE’ to 50100

This promotion is open from 00:00 16th June 2021 to 23:59 on 30th July 2021. Maximum one (1) entry per mobile number for the duration of the campaign

https://ie.coca-colahellenic.com/en/our-24-7-portfolio/brand-news/WIN-a-Smartphone-EVERYDAY-with-Sprite

Is there a reply?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,870 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Is there a reply?

I got one straight away.

Advertisement